Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Nick Cross ok?

ProblChld32

Cross came back and played after he got hurt. He finished the game. 

I also want to give him props. He has constantly been in good position this year.

His ball skills are just lacking and that makes me feel like hes playing out of position, but he looks like a really good football player to me. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I also want to give him props. He has constantly been in good position this year.

His ball skills are just lacking and that makes me feel like hes playing out of position, but he looks like a really good football player to me. 

I’m not sure. I think he’s getting better, that play he made to actually cause the first interception was a thing of beauty

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m not sure. I think he’s getting better, that play he made to actually cause the first interception was a thing of beauty

Yeah and hes been all over the place. I think he has around 40 tackles thru 3 games and Ive seen him miss a few as well. 

He should have made a play on that long ball early in the game (to Odunze I belueve), he was right there and just missed it.

40 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I like him as a SS. He's got juice and can run with anybody.

Noticed him on Rome a few times where Rome couldn't shake that speed.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I like him as a SS. He's got juice and can run with anybody.

Noticed him on Rome a few times where Rome couldn't shake that speed.

Is this the same dude the forum " experts" called a bust and wanted the Colts to cut? That guy?

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Cross just need to trust his athletic skills and realize that he is a 4.3 guy not 4.5 and play tight on the line during rezone or short passing attempts. Cross has been very good for us so far this year we just need him and Blackmon to stay healthy. 

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Is this the same dude the forum " experts" called a bust and wanted the Colts to cut? That guy?

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Didn't people want him cut because he hurt Downs in practice? That was silly.

But I think most people just felt like he as unproven at FS...which he is.

He's been solid so far though. And his speed certainly plays. I tend to think he's more suited for SS though. 

9 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Didn't people want him cut because he hurt Downs in practice? That was silly.

But I think most people just felt like he as unproven at FS...which he is.

He's been solid so far though. And his speed certainly plays. I tend to think he's more suited for SS though. 

Yeah I will own it and eat my crow. I called to cut him when that happened. Overreaction in hindsight. 

2 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

Yeah and hes been all over the place. I think he has around 40 tackles thru 3 games and Ive seen him miss a few as well. 

He should have made a play on that long ball early in the game (to Odunze I belueve), he was right there and just missed it.

Ridiculous. He smothered, what 40 yards downfield a very big, elite speed guy, he turned his head back perfectly timed, got his arm up right in the heart of the receivers catch basket, but the ball came in what, 3-4 inches to the side of his arm. No, he covered that bomb incredibly well, sometimes it happens. He had the same coverage on the tip for an interception play.

He doesn't have that much game experience. But you can see that the speed of the game is coming to him. I'm seeing a guy with a very high ceiling and pray we find more just like him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ridiculous. He smothered, what 40 yards downfield a very big, elite speed guy, he turned his head back perfectly timed, got his arm up right in the heart of the receivers catch basket, but the ball came in what, 3-4 inches to the side of his arm. No, he covered that bomb incredibly well, sometimes it happens. He had the same coverage on the tip for an interception play.

He doesn't have that much game experience. But you can see that the speed of the game is coming to him. I'm seeing a guy with a very high ceiling and pray we find more just like him.

Yeah I know but he should still make that play. He put himself in position to do so and that definitely means something, regardless.