Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who leads the NFL in tackles?

cdgacoltsfan

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

This isn’t a good thing. At all. 

Yeah.

It's bad because the linebackers (who were supposed to be our strength) are just not getting it done. Missing tackles and taking weird angles at the ball carriers. 

It's good in the sense that Nick is at least making the stop and preventing the backs from scoring. Kuddos to Nick for doing his dang job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The GM and coaching staff. 

I would consider Franklin and Speed as integral to us having been one of the worst defenses last season.

So surely you jest when alluding to "coach speak"? 

But who knows how good they could be in a better system.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

I would consider Franklin and Speed as integral to us having been one of the worst defenses last season.

So surely you jest when alluding to "coach speak"? 

But who knows how good they could be in a better system.

I would as well. They are a weakness. 

But the way Ballard and his staff went about their business in the offseason, they didn't seem that concerned about the position. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

I’m surprised Jalen Jones isn’t leading the league in tackles because QBs keep picking on him in the passing game! 

Jones has given up 7 completions so far in 10 attempts. 

Kenny is 6 completions in 6 attemps. 

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I would as well. They are a weakness. 

But the way Ballard and his staff went about their business in the offseason, they didn't seem that concerned about the position. 

Well, I thought the Olubi kid showed some solid play making ability with good tackling so i'm surprised they pushed rookie Carlies, who missed a fair amount of time, ahead of him so quickly. So one could say the position has been addressed by drafting a LB each of the last 2 seasons with guys our people like.

Carlies did play 46 snaps Sunday. Like our other Gus led LB's he didn't seem to be where he needed to be when needed. But what the hey, that becomes much more likely when you have 2-3 seasons under your belt, With a d-line playing well in front of you. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Williams throws for 250+ with 3 touchdowns.

The little devil on my shoulder tells me it would be a good thing, just another nail in Gus's coffin. And of course that is a sad place to be. lol

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah.

It's bad because the linebackers (who were supposed to be our strength) are just not getting it done. Missing tackles and taking weird angles at the ball carriers. 

It's good in the sense that Nick is at least making the stop and preventing the backs from scoring. Kuddos to Nick for doing his dang job. 

Kind of funny actually considering he was the forum whipping boy all thru preseason and camp

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kind of funny actually considering he was the forum whipping boy all thru preseason and camp

Absolutely was. 

The rough part is that thanks to the putrid run defense, we haven't really needed him for pass defense yet... His coverage for all we know could be pretty bad. If we ever figure out how to stop the run I guess we'll find out the truth. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

What we've seen so far isn't so surprising. Nick Cross was rated as the Colts #1 run defender last season with an 81.2 grade. It was his pass coverage that wasn't so good at 63.2. 

Run Defense - 2023

S Nick Cross 81.2

DE Samson Ebukam 80.0

LB E.J. Speed 78.8

DE Kwity Paye 78.1

DT Grover Stewart 77.3

CB Kenny Moore II 71.5

LB Zaire Franklin 66.1

S Ronnie Harrison Jr. 64.1

DT DeForest Buckner 63.8

DE Tyquan Lewis 61.9

S Julian Blackmon 59.2