Spotrac - $24,879,509

OtC - $25,930,219

Starter

*"Players listed at positions they are listed at, on Colts.com roster page:

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/

2024 Roster:(under contract)(89)

Offense:(44)

QB:(5) Anthony Richardson, Joe Flacco, Sam Ehlinger, Kedon Slovis, Jason Bean

RB:(6) Johnathan Taylor, Trey Sermon, Evan Hull, Tyler Goodson, Trent Pennix, Zavier Scott

WR:(12) Michael Pittman, Alex Pierce, Josh Downs, Adonai Mitchell, Ashton Dulin, Anthony Gould, DJ Montgomery, Juwann Winfree, Laquan Treadwell, Tyrie Cleveland, Ethan Fernea, Derek Slywka

TE:(7) Mo Alie-Cox, Andrew Ogletree, Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Jordan Murray, Eric Tomlinson

OT:(5) Bernard Raimann, Braden Smith, Matt Goncalves, Blake Freeland, Jake Witt

OG:(6) Quentin Nelson, Will Fries, Tanor Bortolini, Josh Sills, Arlington Hambright, Dalton Tucker

OC:(3) Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter, Wesley French

Defense:(41)

DE:(8) Kwity Paye, Laiatu Latu, Dayo Odeyingbo, Tyquan Lewis, Titus Leo, Isaiah Land, Genard Avery, Levi Bell

DT:(6) Deforest Buckner, Grover Stewart, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Taven Bryan, Jonah Laulu, Eric Johnson

LB:(9) EJ Speed, Zaire Franklin, Jaylon Carlies, Grant Stuard, Cameron McGrone, Segun Olubi, Liam Anderson, Austin Ajiake, Craig Young

CB:(10) Dallis Flowers, JuJu Brents, Kenny Moore, Jaylon Jones, Jaylin Simpson, Ameer Speed, Chris Lammons, Micah Abraham, Clay Fields III, Darrell Baker Jr

S:(8) Julian Blackmon, Nick Cross, Rodney Harrison, Rodney Thomas, Trevor Denbow, , Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

SPT:(4)

K:(2) Matt Gay, Spencer Shrader

P: Rigoberto Sanchez 

LS: Luke Rhodes 

IR:

Daniel Scott

Samson Ebukam

Active NFI:

Raekwon Davis 

I'm a visual person, I like to be able to look see things. Anyway, feel free to discuss whatever. I just plan to keep the roster updated till start of season and discuss whatever else. 

1st couple things of business.

1. Any news on Davis? I haven't really looked tbh.

2. We currently have an open roster spot, can't imagine that is left open for too long. 

A lot of talent on that roster, I can't wait to watch this game action this weekend.

Updated Starter locks, imo.

2 open spots on both sides of ball.

Offense:

Mitchell vs Pierce

TE room - however it plays out

Defense:

Jones vs Flowers

Safety combination 

• Thanks 6

9 hours ago, w87r said:

2 open spots on both sides of ball.

Offense:

Mitchell vs Pierce

TE room - however it plays out

Defense:

Jones vs Flowers

Safety combination

Can anyone provide some insight on these battles? 

I think we should be excited for Mitchell, but it's Pierce who my eyes are on. From what I see, he is going to be the starter and should be in position to take a huge step forward. 

Where does Jelani Woods stand this training camp? Haven't seen (now that I think of it) really anything on him. 

Jones has the advantage at corner, no?

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I like the offense better than the defense.

Early on, that's probably not a bad thing, right? Defense has time to develop more and come together for a playoff push/run. As long as the signs are there they are improving together as a unit, I'll take a better offense all day/twice on Sunday. 

56 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Can anyone provide some insight on these battles? 

I think we should be excited for Mitchell, but it's Pierce who my eyes are on. From what I see, he is going to be the starter and should be in position to take a huge step forward. 

Where does Jelani Woods stand this training camp? Haven't seen (now that I think of it) really anything on him. 

Jones has the advantage at corner, no?

Pierce will likely get more snaps for awhile as AM refines himself.

Reminded that Pierce ran far more go routes than anyone last season, and that Steichen/Jim Bob used that to stretch the D, I expect more of that.

Pierce didn't ever seem to slow down, but doesn't the idea of Mitchell sharing in those duties appeal especially with Mitchell having his own route tree capabilities, and even more speed.

I like our prospects for scoring early, and for wearing our opponents out for  4th quarter pounding.

Winning either of our 1st two games is a huge challenge. It will defy the odds makers. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Pierce will likely get more snaps for awhile as AM refines himself.

Reminded that Pierce ran far more go routes than anyone last season, and that Steichen/Jim Bob used that to stretch the D, I expect more of that.

Pierce didn't ever seem to slow down, but doesn't the idea of Mitchell sharing in those duties appeal especially with Mitchell having his own route tree capabilities, and even more speed.

I like our prospects for scoring early, and for wearing our opponents out for  4th quarter pounding.

Winning either of our 1st two games is a huge challenge. It will defy the odds makers. 

I like having both. Competition is a great thing and could really show up in the receiver room this year. Especially combined with Pittman now satisfied contractually and taking on a major leadership role. And certainly with (at least the hope) with qb continuity. First year (knock on hardwood) that we have the same starting qb in consecutive seasons (in what feels like forever)... If Pierce can elevate, it does nothing to hurt Mitchell's development. If anything, it may help. I was bummed that Ebukam got hurt, because I fear it could stunt Latu's development some. A lot more pressure for him as a rookie (could also be a great thing, who knows) when he would have been a great fresh rotation piece under a good vet otherwise. I think that's how players develop best, when they are competing everyday and learning from veterans, not being forced to do more than needed. The idea of stacking drafts goes a long way with that. Keep these guys in the pipeline, let them develop without a ton of pressure, and when it's contract time for others above them, they slide up the chart into more prominent roles and thrive (while also replacing their spot with a new draft). 

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Early on, that's probably not a bad thing, right? Defense has time to develop more and come together for a playoff push/run. As long as the signs are there they are improving together as a unit, I'll take a better offense all day/twice on Sunday. 

I was just saying that it seems the offense has more talent than the defense looking at them both as a simple list of players.  I'm not trying to spin it into something positive or negative.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I like having both. Competition is a great thing and could really show up in the receiver room this year. Especially combined with Pittman now satisfied contractually and taking on a major leadership role. And certainly with (at least the hope) with qb continuity. First year (knock on hardwood) that we have the same starting qb in consecutive seasons (in what feels like forever)... If Pierce can elevate, it does nothing to hurt Mitchell's development. If anything, it may help. I was bummed that Ebukam got hurt, because I fear it could stunt Latu's development some. A lot more pressure for him as a rookie (could also be a great thing, who knows) when he would have been a great fresh rotation piece under a good vet otherwise. I think that's how players develop best, when they are competing everyday and learning from veterans, not being forced to do more than needed. The idea of stacking drafts goes a long way with that. Keep these guys in the pipeline, let them develop without a ton of pressure, and when it's contract time for others above them, they slide up the chart into more prominent roles and thrive (while also replacing their spot with a new draft). 

Pressure turns coal to diamonds.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I was just saying that it seems the offense has more talent than the defense looking at them both as a simple list of players.  I'm not trying to spin it into something positive or negative.

I understand. I agree in that regard. I'm the one spinning it. I don't think it's a bad thing our offense is more talented on paper than our defense. 

19 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Pressure turns coal to diamonds.

Not true.  But as they say, when the legend becomes more popular than the truth - print the legend.

(You can thank Superman for that common misconception).  

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not true.  But as they say, when the legend becomes more popular than the truth - print the legend.

Ha. 

Here we go again on the aphorisms... 

I prefer the iron sharpens iron, strictly from a proverbs philosophy. Or the "a rising tide lifts all boats." 

• Like 2

Offense being better than the D seems like the norm around here if you look at our history. I honestly don't care if we've gotta keep scoring. We're going to need offense if we truly want to compete in the AFC. We won't win many defensive battles against bal/buff/kc.

Can't wait to see how we look with AR in full swing.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

No. The cap is comprised of the top 51 salaries

If someone in the top 51 such as Moe gets cut then yes but only by the difference of the next guy's salary entering into that top 51.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shepman said:

If someone in the top 51 such as Moe gets cut then yes but only by the difference of the next guy's salary entering into that top 51.

correct

4 hours ago, Creekside said:

Will this cap number increase as the roster gets trimmed?

The cap number will get smaller once we get down to the regular season.

1. Any guys that got hurt, put on IR, will end up with some portion of that paid.

2. Practice Squad is created, counting $2.5-$3m

3. Goes to top 53, instead of top 51. I don't anticipate it having too big of an impact on us looking at the players currently below it that I think will make the team. And as mentioned above if someone like Mo is cut, then we would pick up a lot of space ($5.9m in Mo's case).

Short of any big kind of deal($2m+), I think we start the season with around $20m in cap space.

Pending any other extensions or in season trades, probably about $15m in roll over left for next year. (my uneducated estimate).

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

No. The cap is comprised of the top 51 salaries

Currently, but does go to 53 at cut downs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

I like the offense better than the defense.

I do to.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of our LBrs, I'm hoping Carlies can help the unit.

As everyone, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple different bodies trying to get a spot on the back end.

Not too worried about CB, I think we got enough there. At least need to see what we do have. Baker better not make the team(I would say if he does, it is at Gus' request, has to be one of his guys)

As far as the offense?

Only thing I think could be said is backup RB, but I like our guys.

Like safeties, there are always options on the FA list, at the RB spot, that can come in and help a team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I should have simply said “pressure makes diamonds.”  Sorry for including coal in my post.

38 minutes ago, w87r said:

I do to.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of our LBrs, I'm hoping Carlies can help the unit.

As everyone, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple different bodies trying to get a spot on the back end.

Not too worried about CB, I think we got enough there. At least need to see what we do have. Baker better not make the team(I would say if he does, it is at Gus' request, has to be one of his guys)

As far as the offense?

Only thing I think could be said is backup RB, but I like our guys.

Like safeties, there are always options on the FA list, at the RB spot, that can come in and help a team.

We all know that the back 7 isn't AFCCG quality.  I doubt that one player would change that entirely.

39 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I should have simply said “pressure makes diamonds.”  Sorry for including coal in my post.

No, I shouldn't have been a smart *.  I must have been feeling the ...pressure...to come up with a response.

As I said, Superman fooled us all when we were kids.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

We all know that the back 7 isn't AFCCG quality.  I doubt that one player would change that entirely.

We don't know that? The improvement upfront should help them out too.

It is undetermined at this time. I feel better about CB than S, but Cross played good ball last year as a whole, when given the opportunity. I would like him to get every opportunity possible to try and prove he is capable of executing the job 

I would feel a lot better if we added some back there ,but maybe one of the guys in camp, is showing something?

I like Chris Lammons as well, he just got activated, so he should push Abraham for the backup nickel spot. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, w87r said:

We don't know that? The improvement upfront should help them out too.

It is undetermined at this time. I feel better about CB than S, but Cross played good ball last year as a whole, when given the opportunity. I would like him to get every opportunity possible to try and prove he is capable of executing the job 

I would feel a lot better if we added some back there ,but maybe one of the guys in camp, is showing something?

I like Chris Lammons as well, he just got activated, so he should push Abraham for the backup nickel spot. 

On paper, which is all we have at this point, the back 7 is not AFCCG quality.

Sure, they can develop and gel during a season.  I guess that's why fans have hope and stick around.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

On paper, which is all we have at this point, the back 7 is not AFCCG quality.

Sure, they can develop and gel during a season.  I guess that's why fans have hope and stick around.

I agree with this. Here's where I see our defense, compared to the league, going into preseason play. Hopefully, we'll see that the back 7 is better than I think:

Colts' position groups compared to NFL average

DE: Above Average

DT: Above Average

LB: Run Defense - Above Average, Pass Defense -Below Average

CB: Below Average to Average (hopefully this one is wrong; if Ballard is right about the young CBs, that will be huge, but we need to see that in game play)

S: Below Average

The CB position reminds me of where the Colts were at WR a couple of years ago. They were league-average at best and probably less than that. After we drafted Josh Downs and Adonai Mitchell, they elevated the WR group significantly. I wonder if the CB group will be like that, as well. The Colts may add a higher-end CB or two in the next year or so that will raise the position to above league average. I believe the WR and CB rooms should both have an All-Pro-level player(s) if you want to be a championship-level team. CB is arguably the second-most important position on defense after DE. 

• Like 1