Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp August 5th 2 pm

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think it had a short shelf life because now everyone's on bluetooth.

32 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

My kid didn’t know what was a cassette tape or VHS were. 

Then he definitely isn't familiar with the venerable 8-track systems.

32 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No doubt it "could", but we're essentially weakening SS, because we have no answer at FS.

I think Blackmon is equally equipped to play well at FS, so I don't see a real drop-off for him if played at FS instead of SS. Cross, on the other hand, is best equipped to play SS and there's a decent drop-off with him at FS. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley on when a free safety will separate and solidify the spot:

"Probably after the season when I've been fired and we finally sign somebody. I don't get to make the personnel decisions around here, but I should've been pushing harder about this secondary because if they give up those decisive late-game TDs, I'll be the one getting canned."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Shive said:

I think Blackmon is equally equipped to play well at FS, so I don't see a real drop-off for him if played at FS instead of SS. Cross, on the other hand, is best equipped to play SS and there's a decent drop-off with him at FS. 

Unless he's gotten better at FS, I feel it's a noticable drop-off from SS to FS performance-wise. He's played his worst ball at FS. Hope he can make it work, because our current FS situation is crap.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Colts Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley on when a free safety will separate and solidify the spot:

"Probably after the season when I've been fired and we finally sign somebody. I don't get to make the personnel decisions around here, but I should've been pushing harder about this secondary because if they give up those decisive late-game TDs, I'll be the one getting canned."

Ouch...

44 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Edit: This is a lame preseason joke, not a real comment. Sorry for any confusion. 

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That was the nicest way of saying they all suck

They really don’t want to move Blackmon. Blackmon will be good there but then your just hurting at SS.

Just now, krunk said:

If Bradley had the balls to say that he might not make it through the season. There would be a complete media fire storm. I'm glad he did not say it. Lol!!!

That was made up.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They really don’t want to move Blackmon. Blackmon will be good there but then your just hurting at SS.

That was made up.

I know

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Blackmon at FS is our only option if we don't sign Simmons. I'd rather have Harrison or Cross at SS then FS. Both guys just don't have the coverage instincts or ability to play the position. Atleast at SS, you're playing closer to the box which is where they play better imo 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So the question now is  “Are you going to go for it?”

For Simmons? I honestly don't know. I still think Ballard and Co wanna see them in the pre-season before making a move

I don't care if the Texans get Simmons or not. Too much hype around them. Are we supposed start wearing diapers or something? Like I said I'm certain Ballard has more changes coming. Some of you need to understand it's not the end of the world if it's not the one you wanted.

Sounds like defense and offense throwing jabs at eachother today in practice. Than Gus ruins my optimism.  Pick somebody already. Put Blackmon at FS, and Cross at SS. Communication is key they keep telling me, and whether it is in English or not communicating is different with just 1 person. 

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't care if the Texans get Simmons or not. Too much hype around them. Are we supposed start wearing diapers or something? Like I said I'm certain Ballard has more changes coming. Some of you need to understand it's not the end of the world if it's not the one you wanted.

It's not the fact that people get mad when Ballard doesn't sign the player we want, it's more the fact that no matter what players Ballard seems to sign at the secondary position, the unit still sucks. We would be happy if he signed a rugby player from Austria and he hit, or signed whatever player from the Jets that they released and he hit for us. That never seems to happen though. Ballard has no credibility doing this. Justin Simmons was rated in the 50s on the top 100 list by the players in the NFL. That lends credibility among the fans when we want a player like that. 

Until then, Ballard has not proven he can fix this unit, so it shouldn't be treated like a miracle will happen when Ballard is going to sign scrap heap players to try and hit on the position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

S Caden Sterns just got waived. He missed last year with an injury but graded out 76.7 in 2022.

Yeah, Broncos had a couple safeties that were outperforming him. One of my best friends who is a Broncos fan was upset about this. I wouldn't mind getting him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lewis is the wildcard no one is really talking about. Ebukam's injury gives he and Latu major opportunity to perform above expectations. I like Lewis a lot. He's had misfortune with injuries and bad timing ones at that. The fact he's still here speaks on his work ethic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shive said:

He hasn’t been as good in his career at FS.  People were ready to move on to him going into last season when he was moved to SS.