Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The colts offense met together before the start of training camp

CR91

AR showed that he was highly intelligent, had a good grasp of the timing and flow of the game. He moved very surprisingly well in the pocket and kept his head looking downfield. 

I expect him to have a superb grasp of the offense and to be a rock.

It would be significant if Goncalves could beat out Fries ASAP. We desperately need improved push in the run game and better pass blocking than what Fries is capable of. All cylinders have to fire, but we at some point can become difficult to out score. 

Barn burners are coming.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

AR showed that he was highly intelligent, had a good grasp of the timing and flow of the game. He moved very surprisingly well in the pocket and kept his head looking downfield. 

I expect him to have a superb grasp of the offense and to be a rock.

It would be significant if Goncalves could beat out Fries ASAP. We desperately need improved push in the run game and better pass blocking than what Fries is capable of. All cylinders have to fire, but we at some point can become difficult to out score. 

Barn burners are coming.

I think that’s the way the Colts will have to win. Offensive firepower. The D is still a work in progress though the D line is solid. But the pass coverage weakness from the LBs, DBs, and scheme means high scoring games unfortunately. They will be fun to watch, but the Colts will need to score a lot to win. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I think that’s the way the Colts will have to win. Offensive firepower. The D is still a work in progress though the D line is solid. But the pass coverage weakness from the LBs, DBs, and scheme means high scoring games unfortunately. They will be fun to watch, but the Colts will need to score a lot to win. 

The LBs are pretty solid but you’re right about the DBs.  

Kenny and Blackmon are the only proven vets.  I expect them to bring in a vet S and wouldn’t mind them making a curtesy call to Gilmore.  

If AR and JT stay healthy the O could be special.  Shane showed he can win with anyone.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The LBs are pretty solid but you’re right about the DBs.  

Kenny and Blackmon are the only proven vets.  I expect them to bring in a vet S and wouldn’t mind them making a curtesy call to Gilmore.  

If AR and JT stay healthy the O could be special.  Shane showed he can win with anyone.  

To be real, I have more faith in the DBs (outside of FS) than the LBs.  LBs are kind meh in pass coverage.  They’re on the slow side.  I know our corners are slow but at least the scheme plays into them being slow.  Our LBs are going to have a hard time keeping up with receivers and even tight ends who can burn them deep or on quick hitters.

50 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Sort of surprised Slovis and/or Bean are not there.  Sam trying to hold down that 3rd QB slot.  This definitely gives him an edge with timing with everyone.

One thing we can say for sure about Sam? He’s a hard worker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally, I don’t get having the WR’s AND the RB’s but NOT the tight ends.

But maybe it’s just me?   

Maybe they just couldn't make it

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Maybe they just couldn't make it

None of the tight ends could make it?   But everyone else could?   A big coincidence? 

Of all the answers you could pick, that’s the one you went with?

Come on now… 

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

None of the tight ends could make it?   But everyone else could?   A big coincidence? 

Of all the answers you could pick, that’s the one you went with?

Come on now… 

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I don't have a clue why the TEs didn't go

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

A lot of guys train in Florida.  I think it was Bowen who said they may do that next year since that's AR's home base.

This is pretty common for a lot of NFL players.  It's not like they're going through the play book, they're just training together.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Sorry…. I was mostly asking rhetorically.  I wasn’t really expecting much of an answer from anyone.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:58 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry…. I was mostly asking rhetorically.  I wasn’t really expecting much of an answer from anyone.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Pitt said the TEs were there. The camera guy just didn't get them

• Thanks 1