Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title

On 6/7/2024 at 5:12 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Your coworker probably knows way more about this situation than the Colts medical staff and ARs surgeon. Did he have the same opinion of Stafford? ( Same surgery) Please have your coworker contact the Colts asap!

I wouldn't think the question is about who knows more about AR's situation.  It's about who do you trust more to give you an objective opinion about a fairly common procedure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, twfish said:

I definitely didn’t mean to critique you at all if that’s how you took it. I appreciate all your work staying on top of it all and keeping all of us up to date. It just seems all jumbled up and a mega thread. It’s helpful when trying to go back to look at things it’s not searching through a mega thread, or if life gets a little busy you can hop around to the days you missed without going through pages.

Nope I didn’t take it that way at all. Just wanted to say if people still want a different thread for each day I will do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope I didn’t take it that way at all. Just wanted to say if people still want a different thread for each day I will do it.

I personally liked it that way. You keep doing you though! 

• Like 3

If he has pain and soreness then he needs to shut it down for at least a month and stop throwing. In fact he should  wear a sling for at least a month.

Pain and soreness is an indication that he's putting too much pressure on his surgically repaired AC joint that was just sewn back together since it was torn.

This is why God gave us pain. The pain is a warning and AR needs to listen to his body and ignore what the fans and the Colts want.

There is no substitute for rest and AR should not "work through" the pain. He should shut it down completely 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ADnum1 said:

If he has pain and soreness then he needs to shut it down for at least a month and stop throwing. In fact he should  wear a sling for at least a month.

Pain and soreness is an indication that he's putting too much pressure on his surgically repaired AC joint that was just sewn back together since it was torn.

This is why God gave us pain. The pain is a warning and AR needs to listen to his body and ignore what the fans and the Colts want.

There is no substitute for rest and AR should not "work through" the pain. He should shut it down completely 

:facepalm:I think the team Drs know what they are doing. He won't be in a sling and he won't be shutting it down completely. There is such a thing as scar tissue that goes hand in hand with surgery. He's ahead of schedule.

• Like 1

I had the same surgery. You start rehab 3 days after surgery for several reasons. Of course I’m no professional athlete just a lowly construction worker but basically was told to keep in motion as much as I could. Keep moving to prevent lack of range of motion. Pain needs to be worked through bc strength is the end goal. Pain doesn’t equal a problem, regaining strength is the goal and that’s just a part of it.

Y’all need to stop trying to make it a problem, let the process play out. It’s not an if, it’s a when. When the healing is complete it will be. Stopping and doing nothing is the exact opposite to do. Finding the balance is between AR and the docs and it appears they have a plan and are abiding by it.

• Like 3

People that have never had surgery don’t understand a damn thing about recovery. I had spinal fusion surgery back in February, and if I did what half the people here say, I’d be miserable and in worse pain. You rehab, stay in motion, work out and strengthen whatever you had surgery on. Doing nothing is the WORST thing you can do for something like that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

zzzzzzz...... zzzzzzz.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

You understand he has many doctors, physical therapists,  and other medical professionals looking after him .   They know what's best.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

Pain is obviously there for a reason. And rest is important. AR did shut it down as he rested afterwards however in therapy there is a happy medium of working through pain and then resting, working through pain and then resting, rinse and repeat. that is what therapy is for. him being sore doesnt mean its over worked its just a part of the process.

Indianapolis Colts draft pick showed electric upside at minicamp

According to multiple reports, Gould connected with veteran quarterback Joe Flacco on two occasions, leaving the defense in a cloud of dust behind him. Gould had a chance at a third deep ball but dropped what would have been a touchdown.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/indianapolis-colts/news/indianapolis-colts-minicamp-draft-pick-electric-upside/f21d51b82aa7fed7e2831843

• Like 6

7 hours ago, stitches said:

THIS will be one of my favorite posts of the off-season.   I’ve been wondering IF Richardson has an off-season coach, I suspected he did, I just didn’t know who?   

Now I do, and from reading a little of his twitter page I like the guy.   I’m sure AR does too and I’m sure the Colts do too.   I like that he’s working out with Brock Purdy and Caleb Williams (though personally I’m not a fan of CW the person). 

This puts me in a good mood for the week!  Thanks to @stitches for this post!  Great information!   

PS — is your new avatar Mitchell or Latu? 

• Like 7

On 6/12/2024 at 12:47 AM, NewColtsFan said:

THIS will be one of my favorite posts of the off-season.   I’ve been wondering IF Richardson has an off-season coach, I suspected he did, I just didn’t know who?   

Now I do, and from reading a little of his twitter page I like the guy.   I’m sure AR does too and I’m sure the Colts do too.   I like that he’s working out with Brock Purdy and Caleb Williams (though personally I’m not a fan of CW the person). 

Yeah, It's the same guy he was working with before the draft as far as I remember. Seems like they have somewhat long-timeish relationship, so he probably feels like he's getting benefits from working in that camp. Last year Minshew worked with the same coach in the off-season, no idea if he's still working with him now. 

This puts me in a good mood for the week!  Thanks to @stitches for this post!  Great information!   

:thmup:

PS — is your new avatar Mitchell or Latu? 

Latu on draft day receiving the call from the Colts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's not just one kind of pain. There is pain caused by micro-tears in the muscle and scar tissue. Then there is pain caused by more severe structural problems of larger tears in the muscle, tendons and ligaments. The doctors can determine which is which.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

There's not just one kind of pain. There is pain caused by micro-tears in the muscle and scar tissue. Then there is pain caused by more severe structural problems of larger tears in the muscle, tendons and ligaments. The doctors can determine which is which.

Stop it. Just stop it! Let the experts on the internet tell him what he should be doing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lester said:

Stop it. Just stop it! Let the experts on the internet tell him what he should be doing.

This seems out of pocket. Considering he said "the doctors can determine...". In other words... just stop.

14 minutes ago, KB said:

This seems out of pocket. Considering he said "the doctors can determine...". In other words... just stop.

The quip, my friend, was directed at everyone else, not Mr. Coachlite. Since we're all friends here, I would like to introduce you to another of my good friends named Mr. Sarcasm. It seems perhaps you and he have not yet become acquainted? Once you get to know him, you'll find that he is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lester said:

The quip, my friend, was directed at everyone else, not Mr. Coachlite. Since we're all friends here, I would like to introduce you to another of my good friends named Mr. Sarcasm. It seems perhaps you and he have not yet become acquainted? Once you get to know him, you'll find that he is a lot of fun.

Sarcasm? What’s that taste like?

Hungry Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

1 hour ago, lester said:

It does amaze me that how some in here don't get sarcasm. There are many believe it or not. 

2 hours ago, lester said:

I'm good friends with him and his intelligent cousin Elic. I didn't sense sarcasm from the comment, but does explain why it was out of pocket. If it was then my apologies for any offense. I usually indicate and detect sarcasm with tone. Over text without an emoji or lol it is all conjecture IMO.