Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Camp

Anybody know what's happening this week at camp? I thought rookie mini camp ended on Sunday and OTAs don't start till next week, yet they are obviously still practicing, and now it seems with the whole team. 

On 5/10/2024 at 2:42 PM, stitches said:

10 looks good on him. 

Seems like it's going on right now... some videos and pictures starting to leak on twix...

Levi Bell at camp was a stud for Texas State.  Finished 2nd behind Latu in stats.  Would be a good grab.  Thought he wasn’t available until next draft class.  Guess need to update my information.  Hopefully the Colts can add Bell otherwise imagine Chargers grab him to pair with his brother. 

On 5/12/2024 at 9:29 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Slovis staying late and putting in the work, I think we have something here folks....

Thought Slovis was a Combine bust.  Still not expecting him to make the team.

On 5/10/2024 at 5:39 PM, stitches said:

So Jaylin Simpson will be conversion to CB, it seems. Not totally surprising. He has slighter frame than you probably need at S... and of course when you look at his arm length(32 3/8") you could have probably guessed that the Colts would be tempted to try him at CB

Simpson played both positions in college.  I actually liked him at cornerback but also succeeded at free safety.  Do like the flexibility he offers.  Especially seeing the updated depth chart with Cross now the starter at FS. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Thought Slovis was a Combine bust.  Still not expecting him to make the team.

Combine bust?

94th percentile in 40

91st percentile in 10yd

85th percentile for broad jump

Not sure if talking about throwing sessions, but he was one of the better athletes(QBs) to workout at the combine.

Screenshot_20240516-064758.png.0e2d5fea9ed73d2899337868b7eebd65.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

Levi Bell at camp was a stud for Texas State.  Finished 2nd behind Latu in stats.  Would be a good grab.  Thought he wasn’t available until next draft class.  Guess need to update my information.  Hopefully the Colts can add Bell otherwise imagine Chargers grab him to pair with his brother. 

Looked him up.  Levi came out last year and spent time with the Seahawks.  His brother Ben is still at Texas State…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Combine bust?

94th percentile in 40

91st percentile in 10yd

85th percentile for broad jump

Not sure if talking about throwing sessions, but he was one of the better athletes(QBs) to workout at the combine.

Screenshot_20240516-064758.png.0e2d5fea9ed73d2899337868b7eebd65.png

Was not impressed with the throwing sessions not very accurate if I recall.  Guess he was signed at least getting chances. 

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

Looked him up.  Levi came out last year and spent time with the Seahawks.  His brother Ben is still at Texas State…

Ben am very high on.  Texas State just got a new HC from Incar. World where 

Edge Steven Parker played and transferred to.  Orignally at Kansas so not sure why all the transferrinf but will be an interesting combination of Bell and Parker.  Solid 2022 final 81.9 PFF grade and improved 2023 to a 90.9 defense grade.  82.8 run defense, 92.5 pass rush and 56.4 coverage grade.  UIW believe had a good history breakdown was updating list last night.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Is it just me or does he throw a very pretty ball?

Very and the scary thing is he looks better throwing the ball after surgery. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 7:39 AM, cbear said:

Anybody know what's happening this week at camp? I thought rookie mini camp ended on Sunday and OTAs don't start till next week, yet they are obviously still practicing, and now it seems with the whole team. 

Phase 2 of off season program began Monday May 13 right after rookie camp. Whole team together but offense vs defense can't practice against each other. 

13 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Is it just me or does he throw a very pretty ball?

Not just you. He really gives me Josh Allen vibes. Fantastic spiral, the ball just pops off the hands effortlessly too just like Josh. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 8:05 AM, Scott Pennock said:

Any news on signings from the “invited” rookies at the mini camp?

I was keeping an eye out for that too.  Thinking back, I think some of those guys were signed later.  Michael Tutsie was signed in June last year…

On 5/16/2024 at 7:23 PM, CR91 said:

Very and the scary thing is he looks better throwing the ball after surgery. 

I noticed that too, his over the shoulder motion looks alot better.