Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: 2024 Schedule drops May 15. Update ***Schedule posted on page 5***

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Oh what the heck, I'll show you my list as of right now before OTAs: 

1. Chiefs (Best player in the NFL, best coach in the NFL, arguably best defense in the NFL... good luck to the rest of us)

2. Ravens (Elite during the regular season, can they finally figure it out in the playoffs?)

3. Bengals (If Joe is legit healthy and back to normal). 

4. Dolphins (This is kind of a make it or break it year for Tua and company, they need to show up)

5. Texans (They have enough talent on paper, we'll see how it all gels together though)

6. Bills (Josh Allen is good enough to will this team to win games)

7. Steelers (They're just always a well-rounded team with consistent coaching)

8. Jaguars (Another well rounded team)

9. Jets (It's all or nothing with Rodgers)

10. Browns (Well rounded team but with Watson I just see them as slightly overrated)

11. Colts (We have to actually beat some playoff caliber teams this year, including Jax to move up)

12. Chargers (Had a good Harbaugh-wise draft, but who's Herbert going to throw to?)

13. Titans (Make big moves in the offseason, it's really all on Levis and Callahan to get the ball rolling)

14. Raiders (Minshew is a good story and fun, but we've seen his limitations, and Aiden wasn't exactly on fire last year)

15. Patriots (The team has a lot of issues that will take a few more years to figure out, but Maye and Mayo will be fun)

16. Broncos (Overrated head coach and dirty cheater mixed with the worst QB room in the NFL and few weapons)

I have a little more faith in AR than you do, I loved our draft as well. Shane is a good coach. Josh Allen is very good, great sometimes, but the Bills lost a lot of players. I am down on them. We pretty much agree on the top 5 :thmup:.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a little more faith in AR than you do, I loved our draft as well. Shane is a good coach. Josh Allen is very good, great sometimes, but the Bills lost a lot of players. I am down on them. We pretty much agree on the top 5 :thmup:.

I do have faith in Anthony, but I'm still viewing this upcoming season as an extended version of a rookie year. There will still be some growing pains and mistakes. Plus, we do have to let the backfield play and gain more experience, which means more mistakes in that regard as well. 

I think we're still a year off from truly competing with the top dawgs. But I do think we can surprise some teams this year. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I do have faith in Anthony, but I'm still viewing this upcoming season as an extended version of a rookie year. There will still be some growing pains and mistakes. Plus, we do have to let the backfield play and gain more experience, which means more mistakes in that regard as well. 

I think we're still a year off from truly competing with the top dawgs. But I do think we can surprise some teams this year. 

I think the little experience of play AR had last year will help his confidence because he played well when he was in and did get a little play vs NFL Comp. Bringing almost everyone back will give the Colts great chemistry as well as a team. I loved our draft so that helps. I also think Shane has the potential to be a top 5 coach in this league. AR and Taylor together will be trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the little experience of play AR had last year will help his confidence because he played well when he was in and did get a little play vs NFL Comp. Bringing almost everyone back will give the Colts great chemistry as well as a team. I loved our draft so that helps. I also think Shane has the potential to be a top 5 coach in this league. AR and Taylor together will be trouble.

If everything goes according to plan, there should almost always be a mismatch somewhere on the field for our offense to take advantage of. I'm looking forward to that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'd say Chiefs are king until proven otherwise. Even as a Bengals fan, I'm pretty weary of Burrow's wrist injury since it's so unprecedented and it just doesn't seem like the team is as good as it was in the early stages of the rivalry. I think Cincy missed their chance to win a ring and it's over similar to Buffalo. I seriously just don't see how any team can really knock Kansas off unless they miss the playoffs entirely. 

So far, I'm thinking we barely miss the playoffs again (super early prediction) due to a very muddy AFC. 

Why are so many like, "Bills and Allen have missed their chance to get a ring", "Bengals and Burrow have missed their chance to get a ring"... Was that how they said for Manning and the Colts? 

First of all, is not easy thing to win a ring. Losing first SB is not the end of the QB's career, or losing few conference championships... 

Great QBs usually have a long career than few first rookie seasons, and they learn a lot from their experience. Just encourage them and stand behind them. Especially support the QBs who have been deep into playoffs multiple times. If you're a fan of the team, cherish the experience of how the QB went through different stages from the start of the career.

I think you're worried about injuries with Burrow, he's had bad luck at the start of most years, but he's come back well in each season, except for last year when he had to take a long break. Stafford has gone through much worse bad luck, teams, management and coaches in addition to injuries. Just wait for the right time, especially when Bengals have such a good roster on offense and defense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Why are so many like, "Bills and Allen have missed their chance to get a ring", "Bengals and Burrow have missed their chance to get a ring"... Was that how they said for Manning and the Colts? 

First of all, is not easy thing to win a ring. Losing first SB is not the end of the QB's career, or losing few conference championships... 

Great QBs usually have a long career than few first rookie seasons, and they learn a lot from their experience. Just encourage them and stand behind them. Especially support the QBs who have been deep into playoffs multiple times. If you're a fan of the team, cherish the experience of how the QB went through different stages from the start of the career.

I think you're worried about injuries with Burrow, he's had bad luck at the start of most years, but he's come back well in each season, except for last year when he had to take a long break. Stafford has gone through much worse bad luck, teams, management and coaches in addition to injuries. Just wait for the right time, especially when Bengals have such a good roster on offense and defense. 

Many people said Manning and Dungy would never get a ring.   It was nonsense then,   it's nonsense now.   No one knows what the future holds

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Statistics on QBs who lose in the Super Bowl are not good. They usually don’t make it back. 

Manning is and was a better overall QB than Burrow. He also won the 1st Super Bowl he made it to. 

Doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but it’s not very common. As a Bengals fan I try to be a realist, because a lot of the Cincy fans are a bit overconfident in thinking it’s a guarantee they’ll beat Mahomes. 

Stafford gives me hope. John Elway gives me hope. But I’m also trying not to set myself up for disappointment. 

As far as Allen? Buffalo is just cursed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Statistics on QBs who lose in the Super Bowl are not good. They usually don’t make it back. 

Manning is and was a better overall QB than Burrow. He also won the 1st Super Bowl he made it to. 

Doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but it’s not very common. As a Bengals fan I try to be a realist, because a lot of the Cincy fans are a bit overconfident in thinking it’s a guarantee they’ll beat Mahomes. 

Stafford gives me hope. John Elway gives me hope. But I’m also trying not to set myself up for disappointment. 

Understand, but I don't care about the statistics. Future doesn't depend on what statistics predict like the laws of physics, I don't care about how many QBs went to SB and never can got back, that's why I said it's not an easy thing at all. But, those statistics would include great QBs to average QBs and a lot of others in between, of course lot of them won't get back to the Big dance. If we are talking about Jimmy G, Alex Smith kind of QBs, those statistics come closer to predict more of that type. But, when I see a great QB with determination, hard work and application to try year after year, in spite of all the bad luck, injuries, competition, few costly mistakes, etc., I'd keep strong belief in QBs like Burrow, Allen and even if they fail by the end of their career, the journey would be much worth for the years spent following the team. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't think either of those QBs window has closed. I do think the Bills will struggle this season though. Whose Allen going throw too? Their coaching is suspect as well. Regarding Burrow, Cincy will be very good again if he stays healthy all season, his window with the core he has is still wide open. He has a good Defense, good Coach, and great WRs to throw too. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Many people said Manning and Dungy would never get a ring.   It was nonsense then,   it's nonsense now.   No one knows what the future holds

I mean, they only got one together, so it wasn't that nonsense. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree, I just think the Bills will struggle this year. Allen if healthy, will probably play 10 more years so he could get a ring eventually. Burrow and Cincy are very good now. 

Neither is on Peyton's level, I knew Peyton would win one because he was that great and we had several great teams for years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I mean, they only got one together, so it wasn't that nonsense. 

Yeah but getting 1 is tough, many just take it for granted because we had Peyton. Ask Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan how hard it is to win just one. As of now Burrow and Allen may never win one but I like Burrow's chances eventually.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Statistics on QBs who lose in the first Super Bowl are not good. They usually don’t make it back. 

You have Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy, Matt Ryan, Joe Burrow, all on that list, but I bet one of Hurts or Goff or Purdy is going back. Outside Burrow, all of those were on the wrong end of history w.r.t losing to Brady or Mahomes. The sleeper pick this year on the NFC side will be the Rams or Falcons or Packers, all having easy enough non-division winner schedules and can easily make a run with all their additions and have plenty of talent on their squads, I am certain one of them is in the NFCCG.

Josh Allen and Buffalo are as cursed as Bill Polian was. 0-4 in the first 4 SBs but when it was their 5th appearance, Peyton, Dungy and Polian cashed in. The issue for the Bills is making it out of the strong AFC. If they do, I have no doubt they bring their A game and win it all, IMO. 

Burrow and the Bengals, I think they have an unfavorable history versus the Texans, if I am not mistaken and I would worry about them getting past the Texans before they can worry about the Chiefs. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You have Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy, Matt Ryan, Joe Burrow, all on that list, but I bet one of Hurts or Goff or Purdy is going back. Outside Burrow, all of those were on the wrong end of history w.r.t losing to Brady or Mahomes. The sleeper pick this year on the NFC side will be the Rams or Falcons or Packers, all having easy enough non-division winner schedules and can easily make a run with all their additions and have plenty of talent on their squads, I am certain one of them is in the NFCCG.

Josh Allen and Buffalo are as cursed as Bill Polian was. 0-4 in the first 4 SBs but when it was their 5th appearance, Peyton, Dungy and Polian cashed in. The issue for the Bills is making it out of the strong AFC. If they do, I have no doubt they bring their A game and win it all, IMO. 

Burrow and the Bengals, I think they have an unfavorable history versus the Texans, if I am not mistaken and I would worry about them getting past the Texans before they can worry about the Chiefs. 

Definitely not wrong, but I will counter that Purdy, Hurts, and Goff do not have to face Mahomes and the AFC to reach a Super Bowl. 

My dream scenario is something like Colts vs. Lions or Vikings. But really I'd just like to see a team that has yet to do it finally get a win like Philly a few years ago. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Definitely not wrong, but I will counter that Purdy, Hurts, and Goff do not have to face Mahomes and the AFC to reach a Super Bowl. 

My dream scenario is something like Colts vs. Lions or Vikings. But really I'd just like to see a team that has yet to do it finally get a win like Philly a few years ago. 

Patriots were the last team to lose in the 2017 SB and go back in 2018 and win it. But Kyle Shanahan is like the Wes Welker of SBs, 0-3 as HC (2019 and 2023) and OC (Falcons losing in OT to Patriots). 

I would like Bills/Bengals vs Packers/Lions, that would be great to watch where, without true favorites, I can just enjoy great football.

I just don't think the Colts are there yet for a SB contender but hey, you never know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots were the last team to lose in the 2017 SB and go back in 2018 and win it. But Kyle Shanahan is like the Wes Welker of SBs, 0-3 as HC (2019 and 2023) and OC (Falcons losing in OT to Patriots). 

I would like Bills/Bengals vs Packers/Lions, that would be great to watch where, without true favorites, I can just enjoy great football.

I just don't think the Colts are there yet for a SB contender but hey, you never know.

I think we're about another full season away from being division title competitive. And then maybe another season after that for talking about pushing for a Super Bowl. Just depends on how fast Anthony develops. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

ew the packers lmao 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I picked the Ravens vs Lions last season before the season, that could very well happen in 2024. Both teams made the Championship Game. Ravens picking up Henry will be interesting.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bengals are the only team in the AFC that have proven they can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs since 2019. They not only beat the Chiefs, but it was also in Arrowhead in 2021. If Burrow is healthy, they will be the Texans, JMO.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bengals are the only team in the AFC that have proven they can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs since 2019. They not only beat the Chiefs, but it was also in Arrowhead in 2021. If Burrow is healthy, they will be the Texans, JMO.

I'll take the Colts over Chiefs anytime we play them. We have their number!

44 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Not many

SB era (1966-2023), QBs that have been considered Great or Very Good which is better than just Good, that never won a SB as a starter:

The list

Fran Tarkenton - great

Dan Fouts - great

Dan Marino - great

Jim Kelly - great

Warren Moon - great

Ken Anderson - very good

Danny White - very good

Randall Cunningham - very good

Boomer Esiason - very good

Bernie Kosar - very good (won a SB in Dallas as a backup)

Michael Vick - very good

Donovan McNabb - very good

Steve McNair - very good

Andrew Luck - very good

Cam Newton - very good

Philip Rivers - very good

Matt Ryan - very good

Jalen Hurts - very good

Joe Burrow - very good

-All of these QBs at least started in a Championship Game or SB with the exception of Moon but Moon is a Hall of Famer. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

SB era (1966-2023), QBs that have been considered Great or Very Good which is better than just Good, that never won a SB as a starter:

The list

Fran Tarkenton - great

Dan Fouts - great

Dan Marino - great

Jim Kelly - great

Warren Moon - great

Ken Anderson - very good

Danny White - very good

Michael Vick - very good

Steve McNair - very good

Andrew Luck - very good

Cam Newton - very good

Matt Ryan - very good

Jalen Hurts - very good

Joe Burrow - very good

-All of these QBs at least started in a Championship Game or SB but just came up short of winning it all. 

I'm a little young for some of those guys, but I guess some people consider these QBs great/very good when I wouldn't.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The list

Fran Tarkenton - great

Dan Fouts - great

Dan Marino - great

Jim Kelly - great

Warren Moon - great

Ken Anderson - very good

Danny White - very good

Michael Vick - very good

Steve McNair - very good

Andrew Luck - very good

Cam Newton - very good

Matt Ryan - very good

Jalen Hurts - very good

Joe Burrow - very good

-All of these QBs at least started in a Championship Game or SB with the exception of Moon but Moon is a Hall of Famer. 

@tweezy32, fair enough but anyone that is roughly 50 years old would consider all these QBs Great and the others Very Good. Brian Sipe won MVP in 1980, he was very good as well. I guess my point to all of this is, there have been a lot of great or very good QBs that never won a SB as a starter. I just listed 20. 

Lamar Jackson as well = very good. I forgot him of all people homer simpson laughing GIF

On 5/10/2024 at 5:31 PM, CR91 said:

I tried adding the link, but it won't let me.

Texans vs Chiefs

Packers vs Eagles

Saints vs Browns

Broncos vs Colts

Cowboys vs Steelers

Ravens vs Bengals

Patriots vs Titans

Chargers vs Raiders

Bills vs Cardinals

Rams vs Seahawks

Jags vs Dolphins

Lions vs Bears

Jets vs 49ers

Falcons vs Vikings 

Looks like this one wasn’t accurate. Ravens vs. Chiefs. 

But, Jets vs. SF correct 👍

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tomorrow is the big day, all of us will be dissecting what will be a win or a loss stressed homer simpson GIF

Way too early prediction: more losses than wins. I fear AR will get hurt again, and we pick in the top 10 this year, unfortunately.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:03 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone want to put odds on if colts play in Houston game one. lol 

That is my guess then again very late in the season. Let's get it on!

On 5/13/2024 at 3:42 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

for the last 30 years QBs who lost their SB debut haven’t made it back to the SB at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Way too early prediction: more losses than wins. I fear AR will get hurt again, and we pick in the top 10 this year, unfortunately.

Even after the Colts recent draft, you’re this negative?    Really?   Even if AR gets hurt again you don’t think Flacco can get the Colts to 9-8?   Picking in the top-10 is very pessimistic….  Like 7-10.  

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Don't know who the guy is, but we're just speculating here right?=

If true, fine by me.  I’d much rather play AT Green Bay in September than December/Jan.   Eliminates a cold weather location.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

for the last 30 years QBs who lost their SB debut haven’t made it back to the SB at all. 

That doesn't predict the future.   That's a stat like many others that will at some point no longer be a fact.