Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

30 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah the Titans tried that with AJ Brown... It did not end well with Burks

I'm okay with it, Moore was already mad with his contract with the Colts trying to get a new deal two years ago. My guess is that he knows this could be his last big contract and will go to whoever pays him the most in free agency and I'm okay with that not being the Colts and using that money to bring in a Vet CB that can play outside. That would give Nick Cross, Jones, and Flowers to compete for the nickel position, personally I think Cross may be the best if Blackmon comes back to play SS and we bring in a real FS.

I think colts are the one that will be ones paying him the most. I don’t think he will have a bigger market anywhere else.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think colts are the one that will be ones paying him the most. I don’t think he will have a bigger market anywhere else.

Bears or Cardinals have some connections.

35 minutes ago, w87r said:

Chiefs:

2025 3rd(that can turn into 2nd)

Colts:

Sneed

Late 1st value for Sneed in this offer.

Puts us in the range for:

Franklin

T'Vondre Sweat 

Maybe I just really want to keep that 15th pick. Is sneed really worth a first? I don’t recall many CB trades where CB get a 1 at in return. But with the deep WR class what you propose here could work well.  Doesn’t sneed need a new contract soon too? He is still young so I would be ok with it but that 15th pick would sting.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe I just really want to keep that 15th pick. Is sneed really worth a first? I don’t recall many CB trades where CB get a 1 at in return. But with the deep WR class what you propose here could work well.  Doesn’t sneed need a new contract soon too? He is still young so I would be ok with it but that 15th pick would sting.

I’d say no remember Grigson gave up a second to get Vonte Davis who turned into a pro-bowl corner for the Colts.  That was also with a system that placed more value on corners than the Colts current system and they didn’t have the young guys like the Colts have now.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Colts don’t need to be trading away their 15th overall pick unless they get a top playmaker like JJ or shut down corner like Surtain. 

Players like Justin Jefferson and Patrick Surtain rarely get traded for one first round pick.   Even pick 15.   It would typically cost much more. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

you might be, but does Ballard? 

if he feels he can get the same caliber of talent (especially if thinking receiver early) then trading back and gaining a premium player at corner isn’t a bad thing… 

I honestly think he would sweat more over giving up a potential 2nd next year than trading back in the 1st this year. That’s just based on past moves. He likes those 2nd day picks… But it’s not to say he wouldn’t trade back again from late 1st to acquire more… 

I think Snead should be taken seriously. Especially considering what looks like we are losing Moore. A cornerback room of Snead, Flowers, Brents and Jones is well upgraded, imo. 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah, he would need a new contract once the trade was made. Only way to trade him is to tag and trade.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah possibly. But I don’t think it will be anything outrageous where Ballard can’t match it.

I doubt it will be a big money difference wherever he goes. He just might want to get back in Eberflus or Gannon's system, rather than Gus's?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

you might be, but does Ballard? 

if he feels he can get the same caliber of talent (especially if thinking receiver early) then trading back and gaining a premium player at corner isn’t a bad thing… 

I honestly think he would sweat more over giving up a potential 2nd next year than trading back in the 1st this year. That’s just based on past moves. He likes those 2nd day picks… But it’s not to say he wouldn’t trade back again from late 1st to acquire more… 

I think Snead should be taken seriously. Especially considering what looks like we are losing Moore. A cornerback room of Snead, Flowers, Brents and Jones is well upgraded, imo. 

Assuming we sign Pittman we could offer them a starting receiver in Pierce and a 3rd rd pick.  We know they are in the market for a receiver.  Corners don’t get traded for first rd picks very often especially when the team trading the corner is very motivated to do so.  They are letting him make calls looking for a new team.  That’s a seller who is anxious and wants to move the player.  Buyers know that.  I think he could be acquired for less than a 1st.  Hopefully Ballard talks to his old team.

58 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope we can get Blackmon signed because looking for two starting safeties seems likely to not happen. I think we are in win now mode with Richardson coming back and need to act like it.

Nick Cross says hello!   

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope we can get Blackmon signed because looking for two starting safeties seems likely to not happen. I think we are in win now mode with Richardson coming back and need to act like it.

Richardson is going to be a glorified rookie next year because of all the time he missed.  They aren’t in win now mode yet.  I know fans are tired of waiting but like it or not Irsay hit the reset button last year and elected to keep Ballard and pretty much give him a second chance to build a team around a rookie QB.  That will take a little while and Richardson missing most of last year set them back rather fans like it or not.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Assuming we sign Pittman we could offer them a starting receiver in Pierce and a 3rd rd pick.  We know they are in the market for a receiver.  Corners don’t get traded for first rd picks very often especially when the team trading the corner is very motivated to do so.  They are letting him make calls looking for a new team.  That’s a seller who is anxious and wants to move the player.  Buyers know that.  I think he could be acquired for less than a 1st.  Hopefully Ballard talks to his old team.

Would you trade for Pierce right now with his lack of production?  Rather teams think he can work in their system or not they aren’t going to trade something or major value for Pierce with his lack of production right now.  

Also, I don’t think corner is nearly as big of a need as some Colts fans think.  flowers, jones, and Brents have all shown they can start in this league and they are young which means they should only get better.  Yes they can use some guys for depth, especially if they lose Moore but this isn’t the kind of guy you go after if you want depth.  Also, the Colts system is designed not to put a major impact on corners.  Solid to good corners can work just fine in the Colts system, that’s what it’s designed for.  So going out and getting a guy you are going to have to give a big contract too doesn’t really fit the type of defense the Colts run.  

Ballard talked about how he liked the young guys today at corner.  I think he’s going to roll with them and continue to let them develop.  There is a chance he could draft one at 15 but even that I think is unlikely and more than likely he might add one later in the draft for depth and sign a lower level vet for depth.

i know those aren’t the kind of moves fans like to fantasize about in the off-season but it fits the Ballard mold and I don’t think that’s going to change at this point.  

• Like 2

Jones did a nice job considering where he was drafted, but I feel he’s a better depth piece used in dime situations.  His tackling left something to be desired.   I was higher on Flowers than most going into last season. He looks like he’s doing well with his rehab, but he’s still largely untested and coming off an injury.  Competition needs to be added.   

I’m not going to hold my breath on Sneed but what I do find interesting is that he can play both outside and in the slot.  

On 2/23/2024 at 8:07 PM, MFT5 said:

vick never played en mercedes benz stadium but i get what yu mean 

Word is Justin Fields is going to the Falcons, just like I thought it made sense for them. It is possible they pony up 2 second rounders in all likelihood.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Word is Justin Fields is going to the Falcons, just like I thought it made sense for them. It is possible they pony up 2 second rounders in all likelihood.

He wants to play in a dome and it looks like he’s going to get his wish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

He wants to play in a dome and it looks like he’s going to get his wish.

Yeah, I posted this on NFL General, a leaked video from his manager, Fields is from the Atlanta area originally.

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Imagine if colts took Bowers at 15 and a WR with their second pick.

After hearing Ballard talk about how hard it is to find a TE who can block I really wonder if he would take Bowers at 15.  I just read that’s the worst part about his game.  All of our receivers can block.  Cox is currently our only TE you can count on in that department.  You would think a player drafted as high as 15 would be excellent in all aspects of their position.  In such a deep draft you would think a more complete player at their position would be available at 15.  DT, WR, ER, CB ?  I would be tempted to go there first.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

After hearing Ballard talk about how hard it is to find a TE who can block I really wonder if he would take Bowers at 15.  I just read that’s the worst part about his game.  All of our receivers can block.  Cox is currently our only TE you can count on in that department.  You would think a player drafted as high as 15 would be excellent in all aspects of their position.  In such a deep draft you would think a more complete player at their position would be available at 15.  DT, WR, ER, CB ?  I would be tempted to go there first.

Regardless of what happens with Grover, I’m thinking WR, TE, CB are the primary targets in round one. But ultimately, I think we’ll go BPA or trade back

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

the only thing that makes skeptical to an extent is that it could be smoke and mirrors in the event someone with the ability to get in the 10-14 range of the draft might be eyeballing him to trade up for. If he falls to 15, it might be hard not to take him. He’s that good of a prospect. However, he’s not a player they are going to look to move up for, in my opinion. I don’t think they are looking to move at all. I think it’s most likely they look to sit put and take whoever is at the top of their board. They might maneuver their board a bit based on the strength/weak points of the draft (example- receiver depth at every level may not put some of their top receiver targets over, say a defensive tackle/pass rusher that they view as the same caliber). But I look for them to take the top player on their board at 15. So if Bowers is there, which he may very well be, I see them taking him because of what he can do for the offense. 

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Regardless of what happens with Grover, I’m thinking WR, TE, CB are the primary targets in round one. But ultimately, I think we’ll go BPA or trade back

I do to.  If they do pick at 15 and it’s BPA I find it hard to believe that would be Bowers.  I don’t see TE  as being the number one need.  I see WR, ER, DT, CB.  For example I would take Sweat over Bowers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If they do pick at 15 and it’s BPA I find it hard to believe that would be Bowers.  I don’t see TE  as being the number one need.

These 2 statements contradict each other

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I do to.  If they do pick at 15 and it’s BPA I find it hard to believe that would be Bowers.  I don’t see TE  as being the number one need.  I see WR, ER, DT, CB.  For example I would take Sweat over Bowers.

Like Ballard has said he lines his board up with the players they already have on the team. If they view bowers ceiling as higher then what they have at TE yes they could draft him.

17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Then that’s drafting for need not BPA.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Where did you hear bowers can't block ?

I watched every game he played in for the past two years and blocked fine.

He's a weapon in the passing game.

Think Travis kelsey.

He'd be a wonderful security blanket for AR

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I have heard the opposite that he is a very good blocker.

I think what happens is GMs start spreading anonymous rumors about a player to get them to drop.

Bowers is a Kelsey like generational player that would be a huge weapon in the passing game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think what happens is GMs start spreading anonymous rumors about a player to get them to drop.

Bowers is a Kelsey like generational player that would be a huge weapon in the passing game

You defintely want your TE to be able to be on the field for all 3 downs. Gives you more options and helps with disguising plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Don't know if this surprises anyone, but thought I'd post it for discussion.

I'm glad. I liked him in the beginning, but the CBs I want now are Arnold, Mitchell, and Wiggins. Kool-Aid should be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder IMO.

• Like 1

Bowers can block. He's not going to be the best blocking TE, but against light DEs and LBs, and at the second level, he's more than adequate. He works hard and gives great effort, no doubt about that.

There isn't a lot of bad in this cut up, I think that's a misrepresentation. If you watch full games, you'll see him lose some reps. 

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Don't know if this surprises anyone, but thought I'd post it for discussion.

You can't meet with everyone. I think his physical profile is exactly what the Colts target at CB, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superman said:

You can't meet with everyone. I think his physical profile is exactly what the Colts target at CB, though.

True, we've also seen the Colts meet with players at certain positions just to draft other guys at said positions. This is not an indicator of anything.

• Like 1

I remember a player or two over the years who were drafted by us that we never met with. I couldn't give you a name but I specifically remember the player being asked if he knew the Colts had interest in him and he said no we never spoke to him but we did draft him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Where did you hear bowers can't block ?

I watched every game he played in for the past two years and blocked fine.

He's a weapon in the passing game.

Think Travis kelsey.

He'd be a wonderful security blanket for AR

I just read it this morning on an evaluation for him.  I’ve been trying to find it but I don’t remember which one it was.   I do a lot of reading at different sites.  Maybe I will stumble on it again.  The evaluation pointed out his blocking as his biggest flaw that will need coaching and effort to improve.  We know what he is good at but apparently blocking is not one of them according to this evaluation.  He is still considered a first round talent by most but where he is picked is up for debate.  All of these prospects need work on something.  None of them are perfect.  I just thought it was ironic that when Ballard talked about Tight Ends yesterday the first thing he mentioned was how hard it is to find one that can block.