Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You’re projecting and don’t know that. How about we wait and see what happens. Why would he want out?  You don’t want to get Richardson back and just add another rookie WR to the mix. Keeping Pittman and adding a rookie WR does make sense. I really don’t understand all this if he wants out stuff. It’s very weird to me.

Why would he want to leave a team that he has played with a new qb each year to go play with 3 time superbowl champion Pat Mahomes? Hahaha

maybe it’s just you Chloe…

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Letting your only vet at corner hit FA is a huge mistake.

I think you are overreacting big time. He’s letting him test the market, which he’s done plenty of times. If he wants to go somewhere else, what are you to do about it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am expecting this to get done.  He even said you pay your good players.  There is a lot of time between now and next Tuesday.  And they are actively negotiating.  If they are forced to tag him that tells me there are issues they couldn’t work out in a weeks time.  I would be very surprised if that happened.

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

So anyways. Back to pick #15…

Lol, that's why I posted it like this above:

6 hours ago, w87r said:

If they select an Edge at #15, like I said, it will lower the chances of that happening, but I don't think it would for sure have them not exercise the option still at that point. We would have in 2025.

Ekubam - $11m

Paye - $13m

#15 Edge - $4m

To at least attach it to the conversation and try and bring it back a little bit.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Dayo is the one who really has improved finishing with far fewer snaps than Kwity.

Dayo 622

Kwity 700

4.5 snaps a game difference.

Definitely think Dayo is a better pash rusher at the moment, he does move around the line though to help with matchups, where Paye is outside against the Tackle pretty much exclusively.

Paye did have 14 more tackles than Dayo, so almost a tackle more a game in those 4.5 extra snaps.

I don't think it's an either or type of situation, I think there is room for them both going forward, unless they both just ball out this year. It could get tricky if that happens, hopefully it does and hopefully we had used the option on Paye as well, if that happens.

After listening to his comments about Moore I’m think he’s made offers to Moore and the other players he wants back.  I’m thinking a few of them are going to test FA.   This could get interesting.  FA works both ways.  He could find their replacement and pull back his offer.  Oh well.  We’ll see what happens.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

After listening to his comments about Moore I’m think he’s made offers to Moore and the other players he wants back.  I’m thinking a few of them are going to test FA.   This could get interesting.  FA works both ways.  He could find their replacement and pull back his offer.  Oh well.  We’ll see what happens.

It’s a dangerous game to play. We will see how it works. With Kenny I think he is more valuable to colts and my guess is no one will offer him what colts would give him so should be ok letting him test. Grover could be pretty valuable to almost any team.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s a dangerous game to play. We will see how it works. With Kenny I think he is more valuable to colts and my guess is no one will offer him what colts would give him so should be ok letting him test. Grover could be pretty valuable to almost any team.

It’s not a game.   It’s how Ballard conducts business.   And it’s worked for him.   

Most players want to know what they’re worth on the open market.  They want to talk to other teams.   All Ballard asks is to give the Colts a chance to match or beat the offer.  

The only players who get angry are the ones who find out they’re not worth what they thought they were.  Perhaps they got bad info from their agent.   But players aren’t typically mad at Ballard.   He shows them respect and asks for respect in return.   It’s Business. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Apparently the Chiefs have given Sneed permission to seek a trade.

Worth the 15th overall or a few lower round picks?

Would love Sneed, not sure I would give up #15 for him, but maybe a 2nd and a player or additional conditional pick in 2025. 3rd that can become a 2nd if certain conditions are met?

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

Would love Sneed, not sure I would give up #15 for him, but maybe a 2nd and a player or additional conditional pick in 2025. 3rd that can become a 2nd if certain conditions are met?

Yeah, I think #15 is probably a little too much, but I like the offer you suggested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I am expecting this to get done.  He even said you pay your good players.  There is a lot of time between now and next Tuesday.  And they are actively negotiating.  If they are forced to tag him that tells me there are issues they couldn’t work out in a weeks time.  I would be very surprised if that happened.

I think they wind up tagging him. It's the smartest thing for Pittman to do. If he gets tagged, he can at least go talk to some other teams and see what the market is saying. Meanwhile, he'll already know the Colts best offer.

There was never any indication from the Colts that they wouldn't try to keep Pittman, and there really hasn't been any indication from Pittman that he doesn't want to stay. 

So not necessarily related to the 15th overall pick, but (Ballard on helping AR):

You want to give him as much as you can to be successful. Which one, I think you got to make sure he’s protected. You know my philosophy on that—you have to make sure your quarterback, especially a young quarterback, make sure he’s protected and you want to put enough good players around him to be successful, whether that comes through free agency or the draft.

Does this not scream Oline depth at the very least?

Also, Ballard mentioned blaming himself for the lack of depth at WR this past season. I think we're definitely grabbing a WR - question is how early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Worth the 15th pick?    No.   

Especially for a system that is designed not to need superstar corners to make it work.  I know a lot of fans have their hearts set on a corner early but I don’t really expect it.  They will get Flowers back from injury who was playing well.  They love what they got from Jones and they also have Brents.  Those guys are all young and should all only get better.  Corner is not at the top of their needs list.

From listening to Ballard it’s pretty clear he realizes getting weapons for Richardson is the biggest need they face.  I leave room for a DT if one is there at 15 depending on what happens with Grover and the fact Buckner is a free agent next year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think they wind up tagging him. It's the smartest thing for Pittman to do. If he gets tagged, he can at least go talk to some other teams and see what the market is saying. Meanwhile, he'll already know the Colts best offer.

There was never any indication from the Colts that they wouldn't try to keep Pittman, and there really hasn't been any indication from Pittman that he doesn't want to stay. 

It sounds like they are still negotiating.  So that tells me they don’t know the Colts best offer.  That why they are still negotiating.  Eventually the negotiations may eventually slow down or get hung up on something but that doesn’t mean he has seen the Colts best offer.  Not today anyway.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It sounds like they are still negotiating.  So that tells me they don’t know the Colts best offer.  That why they are still negotiating.  Eventually the negotiations may eventually slow down or get hung up on something but that doesn’t mean he has seen the Colts best offer.  Not today anyway.

I mean by the time free agency starts, if the Colts have tagged him, he'll know what the Colts are willing to offer.

36 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Colts don’t need to be trading away their 15th overall pick unless they get a top playmaker like JJ or shut down corner like Surtain. 

I mean, Sneed is one of the best corners in the league. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I mean, Sneed is one of the best corners in the league. 

Did it with Buckner. I wouldn’t bet against him doing it again…

Especially with the comments on the receiver depth at every level.

could we see a defensive lineman or two in free agency, perhaps a safety. a pittman tag/extension, a premium corner replacing Moore with the 15th pick, a receiver on day 2, and o-line depth?

Seems like a good possibility. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Did it with Buckner. I wouldn’t bet against him doing it again…

Especially with the comments on the receiver depth at every level.

could we see a defensive lineman or two in free agency, perhaps a safety. a pittman tag/extension, a premium corner replacing Moore with the 15th pick, a receiver on day 2, and o-line depth?

Seems like a good possibility. 

I doubt that it happens, and I don't think I'd do it. But Sneed seems to meet the criteria above.

I could see Ballard doing this for a WR or an edge rusher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

2nd round #46, if the Colts go WR at 15, CB would be high on the list at #46 anyway, Sneed is not going to get a mid 1st round pick, IMO.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Especially for a system that is designed not to need superstar corners to make it work.  I know a lot of fans have their hearts set on a corner early but I don’t really expect it.  They will get Flowers back from injury who was playing well.  They love what they got from Jones and they also have Brents.  Those guys are all young and should all only get better.  Corner is not at the top of their needs list.

From listening to Ballard it’s pretty clear he realizes getting weapons for Richardson is the biggest need they face.  I leave room for a DT if one is there at 15 depending on what happens with Grover and the fact Buckner is a free agent next year.  

Thank you x1000!    

I was trying to keep my response short and to the point, but I knew there was more needed.    

And you managed to reach into my weird head and say what I didn’t.   So I appreciate you elaborating perfectly on my post.  

Thanks again.   :worthy:

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would. It trade 15 but if you could get him for a second I would do it. Could probably trade down in first and get that second back.

Chiefs:

2025 3rd(that can turn into 2nd)

Colts:

Sneed

Late 1st value for Sneed in this offer.

Puts us in the range for:

Franklin

T'Vondre Sweat 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This team will regress if they lose Pittman. You can’t just add a rookie in his place and expect it not too. Then add you have a QB who has barely played.

Yeah the Titans tried that with AJ Brown... It did not end well with Burks

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Letting your only vet at corner hit FA is a huge mistake.

I'm okay with it, Moore was already mad with his contract with the Colts trying to get a new deal two years ago. My guess is that he knows this could be his last big contract and will go to whoever pays him the most in free agency and I'm okay with that not being the Colts and using that money to bring in a Vet CB that can play outside. That would give Nick Cross, Jones, and Flowers to compete for the nickel position, personally I think Cross may be the best if Blackmon comes back to play SS and we bring in a real FS.