Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Throws a Football Off A Skyscraper

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

Carter didn't come across looking great, IMO.  

I don't fault him though, not an easy thing to do.  

I fielded a few punts from my high school and college days. It was never what I call a pleasant experience for my hands. I don't blame Chris for being hesitant on breaking fingers. 

25 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I about vomited watching his body moving forward that high up. 🤢

Me too. Hardly anything scares me, but heights do. Once I get to a certain HT my legs become Jello and my stomach becomes sick. One thing in life I have never been able to overcome. I mean it is bad at times where I feel like I may puke if I am high up on something and look over a ledge. Weird. I have seen people like that when it comes to water, and water doesn't bother me at all. I will never forget; a friend of mine was shaking just getting in 4 feet of water in a pool. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too. Hardly anything scares me, but heights do. Once I get to a certain HT my legs become Jello and my stomach becomes sick. One thing in life I have never been able to overcome. I mean it is bad at times where I feel like I may puke if I am high up on something and look over a ledge. Weird. I have seen people like that when it comes to water, and water doesn't bother me at all. I will never forget; a friend of mine was shaking just getting in 4 feet of water in a pool. 

My brother in law has the same reaction to heights. Took him to ski at Lawrenceburg, and when he got to the ledge he just collapsed. I’m weird when it comes to heights. Loved climbing high in trees as a kid, love rollercoasters obviously and skiing. But I will say the most freaked out I’ve been was rock climbing in eastern Kentucky with no safety. I was white knuckle the entire experience!

My wife has an extreme fear of the ocean, which we learned the hard way in our honeymoon lol… Haven’t been to beach since, which is cool with me since I’m more of a mountain guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Im the same way with heights. Even in a building. I blame 9/11, as I was relatively young and seeing people hanging out/jumping out of the building still haunts me. If I see window cleaners, even harnessed in, cleaning windows on a building, I get nauseous. One of my good friends is an expert in skydiving. I would never… could not. I can’t even get on my roof without being physically sick. It’s something I don’t think I’ll ever shake. Have no problem flying though, which is so strange. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

My brother in law has the same reaction to heights. Took him to ski at Lawrenceburg, and when he got to the ledge he just collapsed. I’m weird when it comes to heights. Loved climbing high in trees as a kid, love rollercoasters obviously and skiing. But I will say the most freaked out I’ve been was rock climbing in eastern Kentucky with no safety. I was white knuckle the entire experience!

My wife has an extreme fear of the ocean, which we learned the hard way in our honeymoon lol… Haven’t been to beach since, which is cool with me since I’m more of a mountain guy.

I had a friend, talking 30 years ago and he loved Kings Island. When Kings Island was great. He always wanted to go at least once a year, we would go and all I did was play games there and eat and drink lol and meet women haha . He was into Roller Coasters. He got me to go on the Beast. I had to do shots of whiskey at a bar they had just to even think about it. I was petrified thinking about it. I went on it and keep my eyes closed the whole time. Once it was over, he left me alone and I was sick. Here is the kicker, he hated snakes. So, 1 time I took him to a place in southern Indiana where they had snakes, they were in an aquarium but once he seen them, he couldn't move. I said gotcha, now you know I felt when I went on the Beast and I would not go on the Eiffel Tower. I got on the Beast but only because I was drunk, if I had been sober that would have never happened lol. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Im the same way with heights. Even in a building. I blame 9/11, as I was relatively young and seeing people hanging out/jumping out of the building still haunts me. If I see window cleaners, even harnessed in, cleaning windows on a building, I get nauseous. One of my good friends is an expert in skydiving. I would never… could not. I can’t even get on my roof without being physically sick. It’s something I don’t think I’ll ever shake. Have no problem flying though, which is so strange. 

Same here, where I work I see guys cleaning windows on a 15-story floor and it makes me want to puke. You couldn't pay me 100 dollars an hour to do that crap.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, where I work I see guys cleaning windows on a 15-story floor and it makes me want to puke. You couldn't pay me 100 dollars an hour to do that crap.

i’m not sure I’d take a million to do it once… there’s probably a dollar amount that I’d suck it up for. But my wife nagging me for the rest of my life wouldn’t even pressure me to do that for a large sum of money. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

i’m not sure I’d take a million to do it once… there’s probably a dollar amount that I’d suck it up for. But my wife nagging me for the rest of my life wouldn’t even pressure me to do that for a large sum of money. 

I don't think I could even do it even for 100,000 dollars. It is strange though because stuff like that doesn't bother some people. Like with me, I have no idea why water would scare anyone.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had a friend, talking 30 years ago and he loved Kings Island. When Kings Island was great. He always wanted to go at least once a year, we would go and all I did was play games there and eat and drink lol and meet women haha . He was into Roller Coasters. He got me to go on the Beast. I had to do shots of whiskey at a bar they had just to even think about it. I was petrified thinking about it. I went on it and keep my eyes closed the whole time. Once it was over, he left me alone and I was sick. Here is the kicker, he hated snakes. So, 1 time I took him to a place in southern Indiana where they had snakes, they were in an aquarium but once he seen them, he couldn't move. I said gotcha, now you know I felt when I went on the Beast and I would not go on the Eiffel Tower. I got on teh Beast but only because I was drunk, if I had been sober that would have never happened lol. 

Haha that’s a great story! Yeah as a coaster enthusiast my number 1 rule is I never force people into something they’re uncomfortable with. 

I bet your friend would hate Brown County, nearly every time we walk the trails we come across snakes. Usually just harmless garter, but there’s been a few times we’ve had a copperhead cross the path. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Haha that’s a great story! Yeah as a coaster enthusiast my number 1 rule is I never force people into something they’re uncomfortable with. 

I bet your friend would hate Brown County, nearly every time we walk the trails we come across snakes. Usually just harmless garter, but there’s been a few times we’ve had a copperhead cross the path. 

He knew my weakness, it was HT's so he picked and prod at it because I have to admit, I used to tell people nothing scares me. I got so buzzed just to go on the ride, silly. I was still scared but the drinking helped. I knew he was afriad of snakes so I played it off. It was a fishing trip we went on and I told him I wanted to show him some different fish. I showed him some Fish alright + SNAKES homer simpson laughing GIF

• Like 1

Speaking of Kings Island, I used to love that game where you had to throw the football through a small hole 3 times in a row to win the big stuffed animal. I only did it a couple of times out of like 100 but I did a lot twice. I just had fun with stuff like that there. I would walk around and eat and drink, back then you could do what you wanted as long as you didn't cause any trouble. I am talking 90's. I bet things are different now there. I went to 1 bar they had and I never drink Long Islands, I tried 1 and man I felt like I was hallucinating but in a good way. That drink was strong! Some things you never forget High Five Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Speaking of Kings Island, I used to love that game where you had to throw the football through a small hole 3 times in a row to win the big stuffed animal. I only did it a couple of times out of like 100 but I did a lot twice. I just had fun with stuff like that there. I would walk around and eat and drink, back then you could do what you wanted as long as you didn't cause any trouble. I am talking 90's. I bet things are different now there. I went to 1 bar they had and I never drink Long Islands, I tried 1 and man I felt like I was hallucinating but in a good way. That drink was strong! Some things you never forget High Five Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

We often get season passes. It’s awesome, being able to just randomly walk into the park for food and stroll around looking at stuff. I know exactly which one you’re talking about. There was that game along the Coney Mall section and another one across from Vortex.

Yes, quite a bit has changed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We often get season passes. It’s awesome, being able to just randomly walk into the park for food and stroll around looking at stuff. I know exactly which one you’re talking about. There was that game along the Coney Mall section and another one across from Vortex.

Yes, quite a bit has changed. 

Yeah, I used to go once a year for many years. I haven't been since like 2002. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 9:01 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think I could even do it even for 100,000 dollars. It is strange though because stuff like that doesn't bother some people. Like with me, I have no idea why water would scare anyone.

I've similar fear of heights, rollercoaster, etc., that glass extension at the top of Willis Tower, Chicago was tough for me to step on, and these glass elevators they've to take you to 100+ floors where you can see the elevator passing through those narrow walls looking down at the abyss.... These are torture chambers! 

• Like 2

Late to this thread.  I am terrified of heights.  Always have been.  Odd that I flew helicopters AND was a Master Parachutist in the Army.  There were times when I was so exhausted from the tension of doing either that my legs almost didn’t work when I got back on the ground.  Now I have vertigo and can’t do squat.