Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

9 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I came to read the whiners whine about not trading for Diggs.............and you folks did not disappoint at all. LOL     

Do you understand colt fans did not want diggs. No one is whining about not getting diggs. It’s about seeing the teams in the division try to improve while Ballard has not made one move to improve this team.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you understand colt fans did not want diggs. No one is whining about not getting diggs.

this is absolutely not true.  It's just another example of how you only believe the things you want to believe and ignore everything else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This team hasn’t won crap with Ballard. I think it’s sad other fans want to mock other fans who are tired of mediocrity.  Imagine if you didn’t strive  to be better at your job. Results show they have not been great.

What exactly is going to change by being tired of mediocrity? Are you going to buy out the Colts from Irsay? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

this is absolutely not true.  It's just another example of how you only believe the things you want to believe and ignore everything else.

No one wanted diggs. We have even  said so. It’s about not making any moves in this division while every team at least tried to get better. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Imagine if Stroud were the one to have been knocked out for the season last year. Do we really think the Texans would be making all of these moves? 

Exactly, like I said before the Texans know for a fact Stroud is their guy, so of course they are going all in after last year.  The Colts saw Richardson for part of four games and while what they saw was very encouraging players look good all the time for small stretches until other teams figure out their weaknesses and how to attack them.  We are kidding ourselves if we don’t think teams are going to figure out a way to attack Richardson as they get more tape on him.  That’s where the rubber will meet the road and tell us if Richardson is truly a franchise QB or not.  True franchise guys respond to that by making adjustments to get better.  That’s what the Texans got to see last year with Stroud that the Colts haven’t seen with Richardson yet.  

That’s also without addressing the elephant in the room that is Richardson’s health.  He has to prove he can stay healthy and on the field or nothing else is going to matter.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This team hasn’t won crap with Ballard. I think it’s sad other fans want to mock other fans who are tired of mediocrity.  Imagine if you didn’t strive  to be better at your job. Results show they have not been great.

Nah- We’re not mocking fans who have legitimate concerns. That’s not you though. You keep repeating the same old thing. “Ballard doesn’t care.” “The season is over.” Etc etc. I understand if fans are tired of not making playoffs, I am too. However, I’m especially tired of the sky is falling commentary on here. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

What exactly is going to change by being tired of mediocrity? Are you going to buy out the Colts from Irsay? 

Again exactly.  Fans can not like it all they want but they still don’t get a vote in how Irsay runs the team.  If fans think they have had it rough with Jim Irsay talk to some long term fans that remember his father or go ask a Washington fan, or Bengals or Lions fan (until very recent history) what bad ownership looks like.  

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Nah- We’re not mocking fans who have legitimate concerns. That’s not you though. You keep repeating the same old thing. “Ballard doesn’t care.” “The season is over.” Etc etc. I understand if fans are tired of not making playoffs, I am too. However, I’m especially tired of the sky is falling commentary on here. 

image.png.9847c87bd0608157040840d15fefe598.png

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly, like I said before the Texans know for a fact Stroud is their guy, so of course they are going all in after last year.  The Colts saw Richardson for part of four games and while what they saw was very encouraging players look good all the time for small stretches until other teams figure out their weaknesses and how to attack them.  We are kidding ourselves if we don’t think teams are going to figure out a way to attack Richardson as they get more tape on him.  That’s where the rubber will meet the road and tell us if Richardson is truly a franchise QB or not.  True franchise guys respond to that by making adjustments to get better.  That’s what the Texans got to see last year with Stroud that the Colts haven’t seen with Richardson yet.  

That’s also without addressing the elephant in the room that is Richardson’s health.  He has to prove he can stay healthy and on the field or nothing else is going to matter.  

Absolutely. And Irsay could very well be guiding Chris to be a bit conservative, in case Richardson ends up not working out. That way we still have future draft capital to continue looking for a QB. 

You can still help out the rookie without just flat out giving up the future at the same time. 

28 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I agree, but there aren’t many more moves to make other than signing a FS.  The WRs we can trade for are going to need new BIG contracts which we can’t do because we already have one.  Regarding our needs on defense, we tried.  

I do agree, the time is now.  But I will say this, we shouldn’t have traded for diggs.  He’s old and expensive.  Texans are clearly in win now mode, which is fine.  They’ve had the time and resources to do it.  Now next offseason, we should be in win now mode and if we aren’t, Ballard won’t be here much longer.

I don’t want to trade for a WR. We can get that in the draft. I like our offense. But this secondary is trash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Exactly, like Superman was saying earlier he’s had legit concerns about some of the things Ballard has done.  No one has a problem with that because it’s fair.  It’s the crossing the line of fans who only want to complain about Ballard, no matter what happens, that people are getting tired of even if they aren’t the biggest fans of Ballard.  

To me two things sum this up.

First fans screaming since Grover’s suspension oh my god they can’t let Grover go!  They can’t stop the run without him!  If Ballard lets him go he should be fired.  The Colts then re-sign Grover and a large number of those same fans start going what is Ballard doing keeping Grover!  He should be fired for not getting someone else!  

Then the fans who have spent all off-season crucifying Ballard for keeping his own while at the sametime going why hasn’t Ballard re-signed Blackmon yet?  

They just want to complain about Ballard no matter what he does.  He’s in a no win situation with those fans, to the point even if what he does works those same fans will give Ballard no credit and say they won in spite of him.  

No one is saying put on a Colts cheerleading outfit and cheer everything Ballard does.  Even the most blue colored glasses wearing Colts fan will admit Ballard has made mistakes and isn’t perfect.  They just draw the line at acting like the season is over in March/the first couple of days of April.  

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Absolutely. And Irsay could very well be guiding Chris to be a bit conservative, in case Richardson ends up not working out. That way we still have future draft capital to continue looking for a QB. 

You can still help out the rookie without just flat out giving up the future at the same time. 

Let’s just say this is true. That means next year your already on year 3 of rivhsrdsons rookie deal. This is most likely not true. Holder even said on the radio it wasn’t true and they are all in. Ballards time is ticking. He don’t have much more time left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly, like Superman was saying earlier he’s had legit concerns about some of the things Ballard has done.  No one has a problem with that because it’s fair.  It’s the crossing the line of fans who only want to complain about Ballard, no matter what happens, that people are getting tired of even if they aren’t the biggest fans of Ballard.  

First fans screaming since Grover’s suspension oh my god they can’t let Grover go!  They can’t stop the run without him!  If Ballard lets him go he should be fired.  The Colts then re-sign Grover and a large number of those same fans start going what is Ballard doing keeping Grover!  He should be fired for not getting someone else!  

Then the fans who have spent all off-season crucifying Ballard for keeping his own while at the sametime going why hasn’t Ballard re-signed Blackmon yet?  

They just want to complain about Ballard no matter what he does.  He’s in a no win situation with those fans, to the point even if what he does works those same fans will give Ballard no credit and say they won in spite of him.  

No one is saying put on a Colts cheerleading outfit and cheer everything Ballard does.  Even the most blue colored glasses wearing Colts fan will admit Ballard has made mistakes and isn’t perfect.  They just draw the line at acting like the season is over in March/the first couple of days of April.  

You do realize you can bring your players back plus go get a couple upgrades . It’s not one or the other. How many more yesrs you going to apologize or give excuses to Ballard?  I bet you have been saying same thing for 8 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

You know there are 53 players on a team right? But if that's you measuringstick for how good players are how do you view Colts players?

Grover is 30. Buckner is 30. How much have they won?

I think that's a weird way to evalute players.

There is a reason the Bills traded away one of there top Offensive players.   Think about it...

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s just say this is true. That means next year your already on year 3 of rivhsrdsons rookie deal. This is most likely not true. Holder even said on the radio it wasn’t true and they are all in. Ballards time is ticking. He don’t have much more time left.

so let’s assume as much. And I agree by the way. They are all-in on Richardson and still conducted the offseason the way they did. What does that mean? That they don’t care? Or- does it mean they are convicted in how they are building? By all accounts, they attempted to get Hunter, and at least inquired about Sneed. They might have attempted to get more than those two, and weren’t successful. Does that mean they don’t care or aren’t attempting to improve the roster surrounding Richardson? Because that’s certainly how you and others portray it here. I don’t think it does. I think it shows players are reluctant to come here more than anything. They signed everyone back. We could have struggled to do even that this offseason, and where would we be? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

100 percent the true.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If the time is ticking then why are you so worried. If things don’t work out then he’ll be gone and you can be happy he’s gone. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you really not understand this isn’t about Diggs. Most fans probably didn’t want him. It’s about Ballards failure at improving this team. Thst doesn’t mean we wanted diggs. This is not about that  player.

Very true.

And what about Calvin Ridley ?

Do these Ballard lovers think that was a waste too for the Titans ?

I know @richard palloreally wanted Ridley

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

so let’s assume as much. And I agree by the way. They are all-in on Richardson and still conducted the offseason the way they did. What does that mean? That they don’t care? Or- does it mean they are convicted in how they are building? By all accounts, they attempted to get Hunter, and at least inquired about Sneed. They might have attempted to get more than those two, and weren’t successful. Does that mean they don’t care or aren’t attempting to improve the roster surrounding Richardson? Because that’s certainly how you and others portray it here. I don’t think it does. I think it shows players are reluctant to come here more than anything. They signed everyone back. We could have struggled to do even that this offseason, and where would we be? 

They clearly are dumb if they are convicted on that secondary. That  was my point. They are either clueless at evaluating their own roster or aren’t trying their best.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you understand colt fans did not want diggs. No one is whining about not getting diggs. It’s about seeing the teams in the division try to improve while Ballard has not made one move to improve this team.

What moves would you have made? What players that Ballard resigned would you have let walk and how would you have filled those positions?

• Like 1

They clearly are dumb if they are convicted on that secondary. That  was my point. They are either clueless at evaluating their own roster or aren’t trying their best.

See, this is where you get into trouble. It’s one thing to say: “I think we could improve our secondary”. 

But then you go and call them dumb when you don’t even know what their thoughts of the secondary truly are. 

• Like 4

They are either clueless at evaluating their own roster or aren’t trying their best.

lmao:lol:haha

Or, as I said earlier, they are better at talent evaluation than you are.

BTW, I remember not long ago you said that if they brought back Blackmon and signed a vet FS (which could easily still be done) then you'd be happy heading into the draft.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

If the time is ticking then why are you so worried. If things don’t work out then he’ll be gone and you can be happy he’s gone. 

Because I am tired of losing. Don’t you think it would be nice for once to have a team that can win and actually have fun things to talk about. Winning is fun. Average is not. Until we see Ballard actually make some moves that looks like he is trying to improve he deserves the criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

See, this is where you get into trouble. It’s one thing to say: “I think we could improve our secondary”. 

But then you go and call them dumb when you don’t even know what their thoughts of the secondary truly are. 

And pretending that they still can’t improve the secondary.  It might not be the way the fans wanted but I do think there are going to be some changes in the secondary between now and opening day.  They might come from the draft or a second tier free agent but I don’t think they are just bringing back the exact same secondary they had last year.  

• Like 1

this is the kind of person that adds value to discussion and the forum as a whole.

this is the kind of person that gets labelled a "hater".  

• Like 1

Not sure what you’re even talking about. When there are lack of moves and Ballard has said I like my guys what does that tell you? 

• Thanks 1

Because I am tired of losing. Don’t you think it would be nice for once to have a team that can win and actually have fun things to talk about. Winning is fun. Average is not. Until we see Ballard actually make some moves that looks like he is trying to improve he deserves the criticism.

I have no idea how old you are, but in my 35 years of life I’ve learned as a fan you generally experience quite a bit of losing over a long period of time. I could sit here and cry about it everyday but it’s not going to change anything. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No one wanted diggs. We have even  said so. It’s about not making any moves in this division while every team at least tried to get better. 

Chloe.

Actually, the thread about the proposed trade for Diggs sourced from the SI article proposed:  Trading our 15 AND a 4th this year for Diggs.  I'm sure that price influenced many opinions.

If the proposed trade was proposed as made today. next years 2nd and change, opinions may have been different.  Its possible that some might have wanted that trade but don't now because of this discussion.  

• Like 2

Not sure what you’re even talking about. When there are lack of moves and Ballard has said I like my guys what does that tell you? 

He also attempted to trade for Sneed. He could draft a defensive back. You know nothing. 

I have no idea how old you are, but in my 35 years of life I’ve learned as a fan you generally experience quite a bit of losing over a long period of time. I could sit here and cry about it everyday but it’s not going to change anything. 

Yeah try from 84 until 95 if people think they have it bad now and I don’t mean just falling short of the playoffs like the Colts have more often than not with Ballard I mean just hoping they can find a way to win 3 games each year and dreaming for 8-8!

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah try from 84 until 95 if people think they have it bad now and I don’t mean just falling short of the playoffs like the Colts have more often than not with Ballard I mean just hoping they can find a way to win 3 games each year and dreaming for 8-8!

Try being a Bengals fan as well… Some people on here act as if the Colts are their identity, and if the team sucks it means they also suck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

this is the kind of person that adds value to discussion and the forum as a whole.

3 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

That is pretty rude. Every person ads  value to this forum. Everyone can have differing opinions. You must value yourself highly if you think your opinion is the only one that is right. 

Try being a Bengals fan as well… Some people on here act as if the Colts are their identity, and if the team sucks it means they also suck. 

No one acts like that. This is a forum where we can all share out opinions. Doesn’t mean we don’t have a identity or have other interests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1