Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I couldn't read at the start of the draft today, I just realize earthquake was well pronounced for everyone to be concerned about. Thankfully, no damage ..

I was working from home in New Jersey in 2011 summer when there was 5.8 Richter earthquake, and I didn't feel a thing but colleagues at office felt chairs and things moving a bit.

Earthquake and Eclipse all coming to US, I think You'll soon see Aliens visiting too... Surely, it's a sign about something haha

I felt the one in 2011 but it seemed like nothing compared to this one. The epicenter was in Virginia -- perhaps we did not feel it as much.

This one's epicenter was in Lebanon, NJ. It was felt by people living as north as Boston and as south as Philly.  I saw and felt the room moving for several seconds. There was also an aftershock about 6 hours later.

Time to relax. Have a great weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Al Davis should give him 6 year, 90 million contract to be next GM. If Bo Nix works out, that becomes a life term deal! 

If Bo Nix works out, I'll never hear the end of it from Broncos fans for @CR91 moving ahead of me and taking him at 30 lol. haha 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I felt the one in 2011 but it seemed like nothing compared to this one. The epicenter was in Virginia -- perhaps we did not feel it as much.

This one's epicenter was in Lebanon, NJ. It was felt by people living as north as Boston and as south as Philly.  I saw and felt the room moving for several seconds. There was also an aftershock about 6 hours later.

Time to relax. Have a great weekend.

Thankfully, these aren't major scale tremors.

Sorry had to stress you more with the draft stuff. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Thankfully, these aren't major scale tremors.

Sorry had to stress you more with the draft stuff. 

I once was speaking with a colleague who lives in Japan over Zoom and watched in amazement as everything around him was swaying. He said it was just another day in the office lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

If Bo Nix works out, I'll never hear the end of it from Broncos fans for @CR91 moving ahead of me and taking him at 30 lol. haha 

😂

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Al Davis should give him 6 year, 90 million contract to be next GM. If Bo Nix works out, that becomes a life term deal! 

Shoot I'll take a year of that kinda of money 😂

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Ha ha ha, that'd be a death knell for that trade down    :funny:

Broncos need a serious rebuild of the roster though, and it should take a couple of years or more. I'm sure you're tired of QB carousel since Manning retired... That's a very long list of QB changes every year haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I once was speaking with a colleague who lives in Japan over Zoom and watched in amazement as everything around him was swaying. He said it was just another day in the office lol

That'll be scary even through Zoom ...

You might get the illusion of your room moving as well lmao

You'd have been more concerned than him, for sure... They probably have adjusted internally to stay calm while things jumble around them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ha ha ha, that'd be a death knell for that trade down    :funny:

Broncos need a serious rebuild of the roster though, and it should take a couple of years or more. I'm sure you're tired of QB carousel since Manning retired... That's a very long list of QB changes every year haha

Yeah definitely tired of all the misses at QB. Very tiring. Elway was a bad drafter in general. He won with Manning with FA. Need to hit on a QB. Got sniped on Nix so I decided I'd grab either Rattler or Pratt. 

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That'll be scary even through Zoom ...

You might get the illusion of your room moving as well lmao

You'd have been more concerned than him, for sure... They probably have adjusted internally to stay calm while things jumble around them

Yeah I was quite concerned at first, but Japan gets earthquakes very frequently, so he said eventually you just accept them. Similar to Indiana and tornadoes… which of course one blew past my area just a few days ago :billiejean:

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Yeah definitely tired of all the misses at QB. Very tiring. Elway was a bad drafter in general. He won with Manning with FA. Need to hit on a QB. Got sniped on Nix so I decided I'd grab either Rattler or Pratt. 

That Broncos Super Bowl roster though was Lit... Loved that time. And, Manning's record breaking passing years.

In real life, I'd prefer to wait for a year at least to get the right franchise QB when the QB draft class has some certain hits or some pure pocket passer. Same for Vikings. I'm not very sure about this class, it looks like mediocrity, that would require another QB search in a couple of years. With that in mind, your trade down actually should be good long term. I'd hope that happens in real draft as well, rather than picking from what's left in QB class this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah I was quite concerned at first, but Japan gets earthquakes very frequently, so he said eventually you just accept them. Similar to Indiana and tornadoes… which of course one blew past my area just a few days ago :billiejean:

Oh I didn't know tornadoes are that common there... That sounds dangerous, I've never experienced one and would hope to have same luck in future. Nature's forces are rough to handle for fragile us. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Oh I didn't know tornadoes are that common there... That sounds dangerous, I've never experienced one and would hope to have same luck in future. Nature's forces are rough to handle for fragile us. 

We get at least 2-5 per year somewhere in my area. Most are relatively low in intensity and short lived. But we’ve had our share of monsters… look up the Indiana Tornado outbreak of 1974. My parents stood in their high school parking lot and watched an EF5 destroy an entire town. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone here play Wordle?

Wordle 1,021 2/6*

🟨🟩 TREND
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩  WRIST

Today, I guessed the word of the day in two tries.

What does that have to do with the Mock Draft? Absolutely nothing. haha But tomorrow, I may use DRAFT to start Wordle.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

With 114th pick, Jacksonville jaguars select

Mason McCormick, IOL, South Dakota State 

With 116th pick, Jacksonville jaguars select

Christian Jones, OT, Texas

@funktacious2 As you weren't available and hadn't sent any preferred choices (I could've missed), I had chosen these selections for Jaguars.

As only Colts selected after your picks, if you would like to choose different players

From the list of players available in Big Board, you can feel free to post your picks.

anyway you decide, please confirm the selections. 

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Let me know if you can access it on the first page. I included it in the first post.

Please let me know. Thanks.

We had a mild earthquake here that has me a bit shaky. 4.7 or so magnitude, felt in the Northeast. No damage but it is scary. 

@Defjamz26 Did you feel that?  I heard that the epicenter was at Lebanon, NJ. (I don't know Lebanon, NJ)

Yet it was wild. Whole apartment was shaking.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@funktacious2 As you weren't available and hadn't sent any preferred choices (I could've missed), I had chosen these selections for Jaguars.

As only Colts selected after your picks, if you would like to choose different players

From the list of players available in Big Board, you can feel free to post your picks.

anyway you decide, please confirm the selections. 

Thank you for the selections, I had planned to double up on o-line, so this is perfect.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@jvan1973 Draft is at Colts pick

If you wanna make a change to the pick as we had to pick from the  bottom of the choices, you can make a fresh pick for Colts if you'd like.

@csmopar also will get to make his pick himself on Tuesday evening after Colts pick, and we'll continue from there. 

After some deliberation the Colts will take. 

Renardo Green.  Cb Florida State..

Could be a good FS prospect.   We need athletes in the secondary that can defend the deep ball.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

After some deliberation the Colts will take. 

Renardo Green.  Cb Florida State..

Could be a good FS prospect.   We need athletes in the secondary that can defend the deep ball.   

Good pick. Can never have too many dbs.

• Like 2

One thing i have noticed this year is how sensible this draft is going. Picks make sense and when consensus picks for a missing owner that owner comes back to say the pick was in line with who they would have taken. Well done everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Round 5 resumes Monday correct?

Tuesday, 7PM ET.

Because of the eclipse that is expected on Monday, it seems that many may not be on the forum on Monday. So, Round 4 resumes on Tuesday. We were about halfway in Round 4 when the Commish ended it, as many GMs were not present.

Check to see if you have a pick coming in Rounds 4 and 5.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L022ricXc2SzGp_vDX9LnE6trouob21A/edit#gid=1072459033

• Like 3

Apologies to everyone for my Friday absence. thanks to you guys for using the Falcons list for the Hicks pick and I am completely good with the Gray pick for Tenn

see everyone on Tuesday night!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I have been very sick and in and out of the hospital 4 times over the last few months.  Hopefully I can improve enough to be more involved in the future. 

Thank you for replying, missed you in this year mock draft. I guessed you are going through this, as you mentioned last time, so very good to see you here. Take care, I sure would pray for you to be at your best again. Take your time in getting back here, hope you got to follow some Colts games. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have been very sick and in and out of the hospital 4 times over the last few months.  Hopefully I can improve enough to be more involved in the future. 

Sorry about that. I hope you feel better and stay out of the hospital. Do what you have to do to take care of yourself.

• Thanks 1

Anyone doing anything to experience or celebrate the eclipse?

I'm traveling to Canada this week. Where I will be will be in the path of the eclipse (total). I'm sorry I did not travel there earlier to experience it 

@richard pallo  Will you be able to see the eclipse from your part of the country?

Those in Indiana, it looks like you are right in the path of the eclipse. It is special. Enjoy!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone doing anything to experience or celebrate the eclipse?

I'm traveling to Canada this week. Where I will be will be in the path of the eclipse (total). I'm sorry I did not travel there earlier to experience it 

@richard pallo  Will you be able to see the eclipse from your part of the country?

Those in Indiana, it looks like you are right in the path of the eclipse. It is special. Enjoy!

Yes we will.  We are in the direct path as well.  Should start at 2pm with totality at 3:20pm.  A little mixed cloud and sun right now.  Should improve as we get closer to totality.  Keeping fingers crossed.  Enjoy it where you are as well.  It’s going to be a great experience for sure.

• Like 1