Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which retired QBs will be in the Hall of Fame within the next 10 years?

NFLfan

Retired QBs and the Hall of Fame  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which retired QBs will be enshrined in Canton within the next 10 years? Select as many as you believe will get voted in.

• Eli Manning
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Philip Rivers
    • Matt Ryan
    • Tony Romo
    • Cam Newton
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Drew Brees
    • Jay Cutler
    • Steve McNair (RIP)
    • Carson Palmer
    • Andrew Luck
    • Someone else? Write it in the comments.

Another member and I were discussing which retired QBs are likely to be inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. I wondered what others thought. 

Which players do you think will be inducted in the next ten years. (I left out Brady, as he is a shoo-in.) I also did not include Bradford, Vick, and a few others. Is there someone who belongs that I left out?

Pity Party What GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

• NFLfan changed the title to Which retired QBs will be in the Hall of Fame.withinb10 years?
  • NFLfan changed the title to Which retired QBs will be in the Hall of Fame within the next 10 years?
8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Brady

I did not include Brady because there is no question he will get in. I probably would not have included Peyton Manning in the poll for the same reason, but he is already in the HoF.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

All the 2004 drafted QBs - Eli, Big Ben, Rivers plus Brees and Matt Ryan eventually 

The rest, I’m not sure 

If Eli did not have the two Super Bowl wins, I don't think he would be Hall of Fame worthy. I thought Rivers and Roethlisberger were better quarterbacks. I thought Rivers was the best of the three although he did not win a Super Bowl.

When Matt Ryan was playing, I never thought he was a Hall of Famer..

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If Eli did not have the two Super Bowl wins, I don't think he would be Hall of Fame worthy. I thought Rivers and Roethlisberger were better quarterbacks. I thought Rivers was the best of the three although he did not win a Super Bowl.

When Matt Ryan was playing, I never thought he was a Hall of Famer..

Eli, rivers. Big Ben and Matt ryan are top 10 all time in yards and tds

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I did not include Brady because there is no question he will get in. I probably would not have included Peyton Manning in the poll for the same reason, but he is already in the HoF.

You could say the samething about Brees too but he’s also on the list.

Probably can add Aaron Rodgers to the list, he should be eligible before the end of this 10 year period.  Can't stand the guy, but his numbers are HOF worthy.

** Edit: re-read the thread title and see you're listing QB's who are already retired.  Couldn't see and option to delete my post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You could say the samething about Brees too but he’s also on the list.

That's true. I could have left him off. It is too late to put in Brady now, as those who voted could not vote again (I think). However, in retrospect, I think it would have been interesting to see if anyone would not vote for him because of any of the cheating allegations (not that it matters now).

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

Probably can add Aaron Rodgers to the list, he should be eligible before the end of this 10 year period.  Can't stand the guy, but his numbers are HOF worthy.

Definitely, no question about that. I did not include him because he is still active. I did not include Flacco for the same reason. (Flacco- not HoF worthy)

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't play long enough

I know. I asked 2006 because he loves Andrew. I do too because of Andrew's Stanford days. He was headed to the HoF until his surprise retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Eli, rivers. Big Ben and Matt ryan are top 10 all time in yards and tds

Eli must be high in INTs too. Eli's numbers are inflated because he never missed games. His great games in the Super Bowl, beating an undefeated team in the SB, and playing his whole career with one team with few if any missed games put him over the top to get into the Hall. 

Do you see Cousins as a future Hall of Famer? I don't, but his numbers are getting up there too, but without the high numbers of interceptions. After a while we have to separate compilers from the rest. 

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know. I asked 2006 because he loves Andrew. I do too because of Andrew's Stanford days. He was headed to the HoF until his surprise retirement.

I do love him as a player/QB but I also have to be non-biased when doing lists. Like jvan said, Andrew didn't play long enough unfortunately. Matt Ryan was top 10 in Passing Yards and TDs, he also won an MVP and his career as a starter was way over .500. He also won a NFC Championship Game by outplaying Rodgers. He should have won a SB in reality but the Falcons got cute and choked.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Tom Brady for sure. Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. There is debate about whether Eli Manning is HOF worthy. I'm not sure, have to check out his statistics. 

In my book, anyone who beats the Patriots TWICE in the Super Bowl belongs in the HOF for that reason only!!

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do love him as a player/QB but I also have to be non-biased when doing lists. Like jvan said, Andrew didn't play long enough unfortunately. Matt Ryan was top 10 in Passing Yards and TDs, he also won an MVP and his career as a starter was way over .500. He also won a NFC Championship Game by outplaying Rodgers. He should have won a SB in reality but the Falcons got cute and choked.

I did not vote for Andrew or Ryan, but it seems by numbers alone, Ryan may deserve it. I just never saw him as a Hall of Famer. Perhaps it is because I did not watch the Falcons much? :dunno: When I saw the Falcons in person in December 2017 playing against the Vikings, Ryan played okay but looked like an average QB. The Falcons scored only 3 FGs. 

Just now, Barry Sears said:

In my book, anyone who beats the Patriots TWICE in the Super Bowl belongs in the HOF for that reason only!!

It is the fact his team beat them in 2007. That changed the history of the game. That game was as big as Namath's win over the Colts. That is why Namath is in. Had the Patriots won that game, they would have been the only team in NFL history to go 19-0. That was a devastating loss by them, and the record books look different now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Tom Brady for sure. Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. There is debate about whether Eli Manning is HOF worthy. I'm not sure, have to check out his statistics. 

Are you able to vote in the poll? I know that some here have told me they don't see polls or are not able to vote. It may be a settings issue.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not vote for Andrew or Ryan, but it seems by numbers alone, Ryan may deserve it. I just never saw him as a Hall of Famer. Perhaps it is because I did not watch the Falcons much? :dunno: When I saw the Falcons in person in December 2017 playing against the Vikings, Ryan played okay but looked like an average QB. The Falcons scored only 3 FGs. 

As a whole, Matt Ryan was better than Eli Manning but I voted for Eli to get in as well.

I take a back seat to no one in their love for Andrew Luck.  I’ve followed him since his senior year in HS.  

Bu he belongs in the Hall of What Might Have Been.   It’s not his fault, but his career wasn’t long enough or successful enough.   Wish it wasn’t so,  but he belongs in the Colts Ring of Honor.  He’ll get there someday, probably as soon as  @csmopar abandons his anti-Luck campaign.   

Someday….    :peek:

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I take a back seat to no one in their love for Andrew Luck.  I’ve followed him since his senior year in HS.  

Bu he belongs in the Hall of What Might Have Been.   It’s not his fault, but his career wasn’t long enough or successful enough.   Wish it wasn’t so,  but he belongs in the Colts Ring of Honor.  He’ll get there someday, probably as soon as  @csmopar abandons his anti-Luck campaign.   

I was upset with Andrew because of the timing he announced his retirement. I  also think he did set the franchise back 5 years. It has been 5 years now and we just drafted hopefully a QB that will get us back near the top agin. Regarding Andrew the player, he was great from 2012-2014 and in 2018. So he brought me many great memories anyway. Still sifting through all the all-time QBs, he did enough to be in the top 50 but not the Hall of Fame. He deserves ROH though.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

maybe in 2103…

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No Way Cooking GIF by CBC