Conference Championship Weekend

chad72

Conference Championship Games  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams are you rooting for?

2. 2. Lions @ 49ers: Who wins?

3. 3. Chiefs @ Ravens: Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:30 PM

Purdy put together a drive when it mattered versus Packers and several, when it mattered vs Lions. He’s the main reason Kyle Shanahan has a chance for redemption for 2019 4th quarter vs Chiefs and 2016 4th quarter vs Patriots, IMO

• Like 1

Just now, ArmchairQB said:

Just the most uninspiring SB matchup to me.  Does the league really like parity or is that just a parody….

Uninspiring?   Huh?

Clearly the two best teams.  The best QB in football plus the best running back in football.   Many other really good storylines.

How is this uninspiring?   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Danny Campbell but not taking the points has me going nuts about now.

I know.  That is upsetting. I was hoping they would win, but a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl is okay. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

They will if the chiefs keep winning superbowls. They are grinding out postseason wins like it is easy… 

it would be easy to look back at the afc and say, man those teams could have been in the superbowl but they had to go through the chiefs

But that's not how people define a stacked era - just looking at one team.  You need multiple champions and multiple teams consistently competing.  See the AFC in the 2000s and 70s.  Currently, you have none of that.  The Bills consistently make the playoffs.  That’s about it.  

The whole "the AFC is stacked" thing was born out of the AFC West free agent frenzy last year where people were calling it the greatest division ever.  That obviously didn't materialize.  The AFC West was mediocre at best.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Uninspiring?   Huh?

Clearly the two best teams.  The best QB in football plus the best running back in football.   Many other really good storylines.

How is this uninspiring?   

Well I was careful to say uninspiring to me personally.  Really was hoping to see some new faces.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Uninspiring?   Huh?

How is this uninspiring?   

I think the Chiefs will win (they have Mahomes) but the 49ers have a great roster. It should be a great game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

But that's not how people define a stacked era - just looking at one team.  You need multiple champions and multiple teams consistently competing.  See the AFC in the 2000s and 70s.  Currently, you have none of that.  The Bills consistently make the playoffs.  That’s about it.  

Give it few more years... It's not fair to compare 70s and 2000s to only last 5 years. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Give it few more years... It's not fair to compare 70s and 2000s to only last 5 years. 

It's not accurate to currently call it stacked either.

Man lion fans were riding high after that first half. Brutal second half.

Whenever they want to reminisce in the future they just have to shut off the game at halftime. 

These are those games that stay with fans. PTSD games .. Lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not interested in the SB at all. Ready for the offseason and see what Colts do. Good news is SB is in two weeks and that means FA a month after it.

That's a long way to go :)

42 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My momma is a cowboys fan. So when I younger I remember those games. Jessica Simpson cheering when Romo threw an interception, because she had no freaking idea what was going on 😅

She just loved watching him play :)

So, how's your Bills fan colleague taking their playoff loss again? No sermons anymore? :D

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was a Lions fan I would be happy with the season they had but sick right now because they gave away this game, a huge fumble and not taking the FG twice was the difference. Lions could have won this game by 10 points in reality.

Lions could've kicked FGs twice instead of 4th down.

Jake Moody could've kicked the FG good early in first half.

So, it'd have been tied 37-37 with SF having 45 seconds to try to get in FG range.

Lions lost the Momentum they started the game when they came in after half-time, and they only got any points in garbage time. 

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I am indeed rooting for them. I follow the NFL, even more so now that the Colts have not been as good in recent times. Many other teams have been aot more exciting to watch than the Colts the last couple of seasons. I wish this wasn't the case, though.  I like the Chiefs. I would NEVER want them to beats the Colts,  but the Colts are at home for the tournament and have been for quite some time.  

The Chiefs have probably the best QB I have ever seen. Can't help but root for him. The guy is amazing. 

I like seeing greatness. I find it odd how many people are rooting against him and claiming any player in football is currently better than him. 

Wish we had Mahomes. 

But they didn’t win because they had Mahomes.  They won because they DIDNT have Kadarius Toney!  :sarcasm:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

The whole "the AFC is stacked" thing was born out of the AFC West free agent frenzy last year where people were calling it the greatest division ever.  That obviously didn't materialize.  The AFC West was mediocre at best.

To criticize the afc this year is interesting, considering how many teams played without their starting qb. Even with that, I think the afc was still superior to the nfc. They had a 58% win rate against the nfc this year. 46-34. That is up there with the 2000s afc head-head with nfc.

I think you are looking to criticize an era that is still super young, so it's kind of hard to predict what they will end up being viewed as over time. Lamar Jackson is 27. Josh Allen is as well. Peyton was 30 when he won a superbowl. I think some of the best young qb's in the league are in the AFC and will continue to elevate. If Pat continues to dominate the conference and the league in the postseason for the next decade, do you think people will look at the conference and say "well no one else won a superbowl, so he must have played bad competition." Or will they realize he just dominated the conference enough that they look at other variables.

• Like 1

To the people that say Lamar can't throw the deep ball or isn't accurate outside of 10 yards is nonsense, his Y/A was 8.0 which ranks 4th in the league behind only 3 QB's that have played 10 games or more. The problem he had today was, he didn't have much time to throw, their O.Line played poorly. Most of the stat guys in here, especially East Street used to say Y/A was the most important stat.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Hey @NFLfan ! It's going pretty good. Just about to start studying tape for the offseason. How about you? 

Glad to hear that it is going well. I'm disappointed that I did not get the Super Bowl I wanted (Lions-Ravens). Otherwise all is well. 

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Glad to hear that it is going well. I'm disappointed that I did not get the Super Bowl I wanted (Lions-Ravens). Otherwise all is well. 

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

https://people.com/super-bowl-logo-color-conspiracy-theory-explained-8549842#:~:text=What is the Super Bowl,other in the Big Game.

Color scheme didn't work out for Super Bowl this year like last two years, but color scheme worked out for predicting AFC conference championship contenders. Looking forward to next year's color scheme :) maybe, they don't have red for once! 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lamar over threw numerous balls against KC, including what  4,5,6 deep balls. 

It was a shame his defense had so many 15 yarders.

And Flowers sure got a mouth full of humble pie 

Too bad his WR fumbled the ball in the endzone after the perfect pass he made. That was the backbreaker and wasn't Lamar's fault at all.