Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023/24 NFL Weekly Pick'em Playoff Contest Thread

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Solid84 EDIT: Just changed my Chiefs-Bills margin to 4-6, I can see a 21-17 or 24-20 type of game with them, those are the type of games the Chiefs have lost and with their D, it is hard to score more than 24 on the Chiefs, 21 is hard enough.

I just think it's going to come down to something stupid like a 2-pt conversion made/missed, an extra point missed or a long FG made.  

• Like 1

Here it goes. I am banking on Mahomes to get me back on track! I think most in here will go with the Bills. I am rolling with a guy who I think is a Top 5 QB of all-time along with Brady, Montana, Peyton, and Unitas.

AFC

Chiefs at Bills (1-3)

Texans at Ravens (7-10)

NFC

Packers at 49ers (4-6)

Bucs at Lions (7-10)

• Like 3

Just now, Solid84 said:

I just think it's going to come down to something stupid like a 2-pt conversion made/missed, an extra point missed or a long FG made.  

Hey, even if the Chiefs win, if I get the margin right, I still have a chance. :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright, divisional round picks, here we go, let me lead the way (in order of the NFL schedule)

Texans at Ravens (margin of victory 1-3)

Packers at 49ers (margin of victory 7-10)

Bucs at Lions (margin of victory 4-6)

Chiefs at Bills (margin of victory 4-6)

GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You called it Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

Colts lose at Patriots in 2003 and 2004 playoffs, get them at home in 2006 playoffs to finally get over that hump.

Bills lose at Chiefs in 2020 and 2021 playoffs, get them at home in 2023 playoffs finally....TBD

Chiefs are the Patriots of the current generation, that pesky playoff team that knows how to win that you have to earn a win against in the playoffs. You know, I am a pattern guy. :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Colts lose at Patriots in 2003 and 2004 playoffs, get them at home in 2006 playoffs to finally get over that hump.

Bills lose at Chiefs in 2020 and 2021 playoffs, get them at home in 2023 playoffs finally....TBD

Chiefs are the Patriots of the current generation, that pesky playoff team that knows how to win that you have to earn a win against in the playoffs. You know, I am a pattern guy. :) 

Bills are due but I can't go against Mahomes. That crowd in Buffalo will be feisty as well. I am glad that game is Sunday, I am off work and can have some beers and wings and enjoy it. That should be the game of the week. Lions also play Sunday, that was my pick before the season to win the NFC. 

Regarding in here, this Chiefs game is big for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

cute kitten GIF

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

2005 Colts lose inexcusably at home

2022 Bills lose at home

2006 good but nothing great went on a postseason run

2023 bills.. slumped in the middle of the season. run to end the season

Kinda very similar... but GO Chiefs!!!

41 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

2005 Colts lose inexcusably at home

2022 Bills lose at home

2006 good but nothing great went on a postseason run

2023 bills.. slumped in the middle of the season. run to end the season

Kinda very similar... but GO Chiefs!!!

Add to it, Colts beat Patriots on the road to get HFA vs Patriots in the playoffs that year. Colts started 9-0 but lost 4 out of last 7 to finish 12-4.

If they get to the SB, Polian was 0-4 in SBs then because of the Bills, and the Bills are still 0-4, this is their Red Sox/Chicago Cubs moment. Let us see what happens.

Mahomes is the new Brady of the playoffs, will fight 60 minutes.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Alright, do you guys want to double the points for the divisional round picks to 2 points per winner picked? Then 4 points for championship game winners picked? Then 8 points for SB winner picked. That way, most folks would have a chance at least till the SB or before the SB?? Margins of victory points remain the same for the bonus points and are evaluated separately from winner or loser.

Let me know what you all think.

Absolutely!

16 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Ravens 7-10

Bills 7-10

Bucs 1-3

49ers 11-13

Bills won't win, don't bet on that. Just want to save you money there. After what happened in that Regular Season game, it won't happen. Top 5 QB's of all-time = Brady, Montana, Peyton, Mahomes, Unitas. My apologies to Elway and Rodgers. Mahomes in bold because he won't lose to Allen. Ravens are a different beast because Lamar is playing the MVP and their defense is only giving up 16.5 points a game. Ravens can beat them.

Divisional Round:

AFC

Ravens   11-13

Bills.        7-10

NFC

Buccaneers  4-6

49'ers.      14-20

Scoring for right predictions: +1 for wild card round, +2 for divisional round, +4 for conference championship, +8 for Super Bowl - ALL predictions can be changed up to game time

Bonus scoring (points in parentheses): Predict range of margin of victory right. The options are

1. 1-3 (+2)

2. 4-6 (+2)

3. 7-10 (+2)

4. 11-13 (+2)

5. 14-20 (+1)

6. 20+ (+1)

• Like 3

The Chiefs are as annoying as the Patriots were a few years ago; always winning.  That gets tiresome except for their fans. I can't deny the talent, but it's time for a different team in the Super Bowl. 

I still want Green Bay and Detroit in the NFC Championship. Nothing against SF and I like Baker Mayfield, so I won't feel too bad if either one makes it. However, the Packers and Lions would be a lot of fun to watch: two teams from the NFC North (who no one expected) fighting for the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, EasyE said:

I won $550 on that Packers pick lol

The Packers are underdogs against the 49ers. Are you betting on them in the Divisional? Could make extra money if you're willing to risk it. 

On 1/17/2024 at 12:29 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bills won't win, don't bet on that. Just want to save you money there. After what happened in that Regular Season game, it won't happen. Top 5 QB's of all-time = Brady, Montana, Peyton, Mahomes, Unitas. My apologies to Elway and Rodgers. Mahomes in bold because he won't lose to Allen. Ravens are a different beast because Lamar is playing the MVP and their defense is only giving up 16.5 points a game. Ravens can beat them.

I won't bet on that game. Both teams have not been very impressing IMO. I took Bill's cause they have been playing good football at the most important time.

On 1/17/2024 at 12:17 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice pick, I should have known that the Cowboys were frauds. They suck people in every year making some think they are great, then they are a pile of poo in the playoffs.

Agree

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, teganslaw said:

The Packers are underdogs against the 49ers. Are you betting on them in the Divisional? Could make extra money if you're willing to risk it. 

Nah, I think 49ers blow Packers out!

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

Nah, I think 49ers blow Packers out!

Looks like Jordan Love is going on the same wild card run Aaron Rodgers went in in 2010 as a No.6 seed

Deebo Samuel changes everything for the 49ers

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, teganslaw said:

Looks like you might be right. Lol I should have picked Packers lol