Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Around the league (Coaching News)

Happy2BeHere

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Definitely a surprise to me that Carroll is out as coach of the hawks 

Same here. I was surprised, as I am about the resignation of Nick Saban.

So much turnover in the NFL and in sports. I hate it. I hope the Vikes don't fire coaches. We need some continuity.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I cant do this anymore... Saban AND Belichick moving on within hours of each other?! ITs a good thing the Spurs beat the Pistons last night, or Popovich would've moved on today too 😂

Pop is still coaching the Spurs??? I have not followed the NBA for like 15 years.

Yeah, BB is out.

https://theathletic.com/5046088/2024/01/11/bill-belichick-patriots-out-as-coach?source=user-shared-article

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes. I don't know why the Titans fired him.

they could easily have gotten a draft pick for Vrabel versus the patriots getting a draft pick for Belichick

I have a feeling Vrabel will do very well with New England

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

they could easily have gotten a draft pick for Vrabel versus the patriots getting a draft pick for Belichick

There seems to be something wrong with  TN ownership if your firing a coach who is good enough to be traded. That TN ownership is is starting to not look very good.

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I would have loved Vrabel as Vikings coach. I'm a big fan of his.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There seems to be something wrong with  TN ownership if your firing a coach who is good enough to be traded. That TN ownership is is starting to not look very good.

That's generally what happens when nepotism comes into play. Just because you may have been a good owner of a team, doesn't necessarily mean the kids you pass the team off to will be...

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Saban is done at Alabama today too,  They are very close   Wonder if they go to the Chargers together and finish out their careers   

I did not think of that. But yes, the two are close. I think Saban coached under Belichick when Belichick was the Browns head coach many years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I did not think of that. But yes, the two are close. I think Saban coached under Belichick when Belichick was the Browns head coach many years ago

I only mention the Chargers because of the QB situation.  But the Chargers are in cap hell so not sure how appealing the job actually is.   But thinking about all those older top coaches in that division would be interesting to say the least 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I only mention the Chargers because of the QB situation.  But the Chargers are in cap hell so not sure how appealing the job actually is.   But thinking about all those older top coaches in that division would be interesting to say the least 

The Raiders like to make splash hires. Maybe the Raiders is a landing spot for BB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Raiders like to make splash hires. Maybe the Raiders is a landing spot for BB.

Rumor is Arthur Blank would like him to come to the Falcons. Now that he is fired, he is free to go where he wants.

@NewColtsFan told ya Belichick would be released from his contract. Kraft wasn't going to hold out for "something" because Belichick's market value isn't high as Vrabel's was. Plus, Belichick did man the ship on D and other facets even if Tom Brady was the captain of the offensive ship for 6 SBs. So I felt Kraft owed him that, for Belichick to go seek HC possibilities elsewhere.

Bill Belichick has a great argument to being the GOAT - some will look at the cheating scandals or his record without Brady to why he isn't. Other coaches in that convo are guys like Lombardi, Shula, Gibbs, Walsh, Knoll, Landry, Reid, even Jimmy Johnson IMO. All those coaches at least won 2 SBs. Jimmy technically won 3 but Barry put a set of headphones on and got it done in 1995 with Jimmy's team chuckling homer simpson GIF.

If I was Belichick, I would go to LA, nice weather and he has the Golden Boy = Herbert. Chargers have talent on defense too. I hope Belichick takes a job like Atlanta, that keeps him out of the Conference. 

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I can’t remember a season with so many open head coaching jobs…8 openings this year (so far), pretty crazy!

Actually, that’s pretty close to normal.   I think the average turnover is around 7….   I believe last year was a little low….  5 or 6. 

But most years around 7-8.   The turnover is pretty crazy.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is where I see Vrabel going, good call.

Seems like a crazy year for coaching jobs. I think it's crazy for Jim harbaugh to move to the NFL at his age and hearing rumors on it and he has it made at Michigan. Makes just as much money if he did go to NFL. I'm wondering who Patriots get and Alabama. Is there any news on coach at Alabama? Bill should just retire IMO.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Rumor is Arthur Blank would like him to come to the Falcons. Now that he is fired, he is free to go where he wants.

@NewColtsFan told ya Belichick would be released from his contract. Kraft wasn't going to hold out for "something" because Belichick's market value isn't high as Vrabel's was. Plus, Belichick did man the ship on D and other facets even if Tom Brady was the captain of the offensive ship for 6 SBs. So I felt Kraft owed him that, for Belichick to go seek HC possibilities elsewhere.

Chad….   Just wanted to say it looks like you’re right.   NFL.com reporting BB and the Pats are going separate ways.  

A press conference coming soon. 

Congrats. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is going to be so much competition for some of these guys. Panthers want the lions OC really bad but he might have a few choices.

Now that they also fired the GM (long overdue), are they going to let the coach choose the GM? Panthers are kind of doing it upside down. It is hard enough for folks to take that owner seriously.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Now that they also fired the GM (long overdue), are they going to let the coach choose the GM? Panthers are kind of doing it upside down. It is hard enough for folks to take that owner seriously.

What? Anyone who throws a drink at a fan is absolutely serious! haha 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chad….   Just wanted to say it looks like you’re right.   NFL.com reporting BB and the Pats are going separate ways.  

A press conference coming soon. 

Congrats. 

It was reported first thing this morning -- about 8 AM EST.

Eight coaching jobs are open meanwhile Pittsburgh remains on course. Vrable may go to NE and Belichick seems to want to remain coaching. Carroll will have to settle on a team that allows gum chewing during games.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Eight coaching jobs are open meanwhile Pittsburgh remains on course. Vrable may go to NE and Belichick seems to want to remain coaching. Carroll will have to settle on a team that allows gum chewing during games.

Carroll moves on to organization level role within Seahawks