Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Basketball 2023-24 thread

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree.  All season the refs called fouls that they did not last night.  UConn had the big guards who were allowed to play overly physical.  

Well Myles, you were right all along about Zach Edey. I saw him elevate his game to another level of consistency, it was a pity he didn't get help in the final game. Overall, a great run by Purdue!! I wish Zach Edey well, he was a better fit for college basketball than I feel he will be for the NBA, where he has to go to the right team with another big man that can extend the floor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Well Myles, you were right all along about Zach Edey. I saw him elevate his game to another level of consistency, it was a pity he didn't get help in the final game. Overall, a great run by Purdue!! I wish Zach Edey well, he was a better fit for college basketball than I feel he will be for the NBA, where he has to go to the right team with another big man that can extend the floor.

The San Antonio Spurs and Wembanyama have entered the chat………🤞🫤🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

The San Antonio Spurs and Wembanyama have entered the chat………🤞🫤🤞

Wembanyama basically is defying the laws of Physics for a guy that tall, IMO. :) 

• Like 1

Pacers don't have a pick until 37th. There are 30 teams. Many don't think Edey will be a 1st round pick. It would be cool and insane if the Pacers could draft him at 37. I see Edey as a guy that can be a great backup Center and give a team 10 points and 8 Rebounds, + play solid defense off the bench. He is good from the foul line too. If he was Turner's backup, that would be ideal. The frontline guys would be solid with Turner, Pascal, and Edey off the bench to go with guys like Haliburton, Mathurin, and McConnell in the rotation. 

• Like 1

2006Coltsbestever, You were correct that Clark will have an effect on the Indy WNBA team and the league. 

Unfortunately they do not list ticket sales but refer to the price increases.   Everyone feels she will be taken by Indiana, no question.  I do not watch the NBA or the WNBA.  Is she the best player coming out of college for the WNBA?

Meanwhile, ticket marketplace Vivid Seats reports the team's regular-season opener -- a May 14 road game against the Connecticut Sun -- has seen a price increase of 91% since Clark declared for the draft. The Fever's home opener, on May 16 against the New York Liberty, has seen a 50% price increase since Clark declared, Vivid Seats reported.

At ticket platform SeakGeek, the average Fever resale price for home games is currently $182 -- a 136% increase from 2023.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39922948/caitlin-clark-drives-spike-fever-wnba-ticket-interest

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

2006Coltsbestever, You were correct that Clark will have an effect on the Indy WNBA team and the league. 

Unfortunately they do not list ticket sales but refer to the price increases.   Everyone feels she will be taken by Indiana, no question.  I do not watch the NBA or the WNBA.  Is she the best player coming out of college for the WNBA?

Meanwhile, ticket marketplace Vivid Seats reports the team's regular-season opener -- a May 14 road game against the Connecticut Sun -- has seen a price increase of 91% since Clark declared for the draft. The Fever's home opener, on May 16 against the New York Liberty, has seen a 50% price increase since Clark declared, Vivid Seats reported.

At ticket platform SeakGeek, the average Fever resale price for home games is currently $182 -- a 136% increase from 2023.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39922948/caitlin-clark-drives-spike-fever-wnba-ticket-interest

Fever will be on national TV in 36 of their 40 games. I will watch when I can. I don't see her game dropping off at all because she can shoot the 3. There is no defending that unless you guard her 30 feet away from the basket chuckling homer simpson GIF

I just did my final top women's college players list of all-time and she is 3rd IMO. 

1. Cheryl Miller is still #1

2. Breanna Stewart is here

3. Clark is here

Clark never won a Championship but went to 2 Finals in a row on a team that really had average players around here, so she still won a lot. She is the all-time leading scorer in college basketball history and won the Wooden Womens Award 2 years in a row. Miller and Stewart won multiple Championships, having said that they were on stacked teams. I would take Clark over Diana Taurasi college wise and Taurasi won multiple Championships, but she played on stacked UConn teams much like Stewart did, but Stewart was a better player than Taurasi.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just did my final top women's college players list of all-time and she is 3rd IMO. 

1. Cheryl Miller is still #1

2. Breanna Stewart is here

3. Clark is here

Clark never won a Championship but went to 2 Finals in a row on a team that really had average players around here, so she still won a lot. She is the all-time leading scorer in college basketball history and won the Wooden Womens Award 2 years in a row. Miller and Stewart won multiple Championships, having said that they were on stacked teams. I would take Clark over Diana Taurasi college wise and Taurasi won multiple Championships, but she played on stacked UConn teams much like Stewart did, but Stewart was a better player than Taurasi.

Ann Meyers was amazing back in the day, achieved a lot of first including first NBA tryout. She was a great all around athlete competed in the Superstars which was a big deal back in the 1970's (won 3 straight years).

On 2/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Washington State is quietly putting together a very nice season out west, 2nd fewest NCAA Tournament appearances among power conferences (Also 2nd longest drought)  they sit second in the Pac 12 at 20-6  (11-4 Pac 12) with 7 wins in a row. They are led by Freshman cancer survivor Myles Rice.. here is a very nice read.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-myles-rice-beat-cancer-and-is-guiding-washington-state-to-its-first-ncaa-tournament-since-2008/

Rice to the Hoosiers.....real nice add

On 4/12/2024 at 7:13 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Ann Meyers was amazing back in the day, achieved a lot of first including first NBA tryout. She was a great all around athlete competed in the Superstars which was a big deal back in the 1970's (won 3 straight years).

I still think Maya Moore was the best college woman I've ever seen.

13 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I still think Maya Moore was the best college woman I've ever seen.

Brenna Stewart was just as great and even had a better resume. It was before your time but nobody was better than Cheryl Miller, she could beat Reggie one on one up until Reggie's senior year in high school. Clark is in this convo though.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brenna Stewart was just as great and even had a better resume. It was before your time but nobody was better than Cheryl Miller, she could beat Reggie one on one up until Reggie's senior year in high school. Clark is in this convo though.

*Breanna