Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #14 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Steelers @ Patriots  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Week #14 starts with a game tonight featuring two of the Colts' biggest nemeses of the recent past. Who will you be rooting for?

• Steelers
    • Patriots
    • Neither. I hope it ends in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2023 at 04:12 AM

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Let the Levis fans have their day. He is playing well. Give credit where credit is due. Levis has played well after that pick-6. Levis has outplayed Tua.

Levis hasn't played bad, so I will leave it alone. If can win this game it would be great for his rookie resume. I would praise him if he beats a team like that.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Levis hasn't played bad, so I will leave it alone. If can win this game it would be great for his rookie resume. I would praise him if he beats a team like that.

He has played well, better than Tua. Even if he loses, I would say he played well. He has a lot of confidence, maybe too much. Lol. Did you see how he tried to stop the pick-6. He went after the player.

Oh my goodness! That is a horrible play on STs by Tennessee. What was that??!!

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Panthers are about the only team “tanking” this year… and they don’t even get a reward for doing it. 

I wanted the Vikes to tank so that we would have a chance at a top QB. The team had other plans. Lol.

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Levis about to have a game winning drive. That was  bad dolphins offensive drive.

Dolphins were trying to pass time, they should've tried to move the chains at least for one first down, as there were 3 minutes remaining and Tennessee had enough time outs to stop running out the clock.

Instead, Miami gave enough time and their defense couldn't stop Titans today all game 

It's always cringey when a good scoring team tries to run out the clock and couldn't even move forward 5 yards in the process. That looks ugly every time. 

• Like 1

NEXT week is gonna be fire 

Baltimore @ SF

Two best teams of the conference play each other.

Great defenses and offenses.

Rams have a great schedule to qualify for playoffs - Washington, Pittsburgh, Giants and SF..

Other NFC teams like Vikings, Packers and Seahawks would win some, lose some but Rams could get to 9-8 easy and get to playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

NEXT week is gonna be fire 

Baltimore @ SF

Two best teams of the conference play each other.

Great defenses and offenses.

Rams have a great schedule to qualify for playoffs - Washington, Pittsburgh, Giants and SF..

Other NFC teams like Vikings, Packers and Seahawks would win some, lose some but Rams could get to 9-8 easy and get to playoffs. 

I created a new thread, 49ers play at Cards, Ravens are at Jacks.

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sack dances are fun.

Spinning the ball too...

It's only bad when the team needs to rush up for the next play.. or when they do so long to miss out on joining the huddle

Otherwise, the play clock would've stopped anyway. 

I don't dislike them in general, but when a player is flagged for "taunting" because they waved at a defender who they outran or looked down at a guy who they just knocked down, it seems kinda hypocritical because if you think about it, all of those other actions (like defenders all running to the end zone & posing after getting a turnover) could be considered taunting as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Packers stopped Chargers, Lions and Chiefs but couldn't stop Tommy DeVito.. ha ha...

Tbh, DeVito has played very well for an unheralded rookie 

He has given Giants fans something to cheer for. My friend, the Giants season-ticket holder, sent me a text message after the game saying,

Move over, Mahomes. We've got Tommy D!!

Orlovsky actually has very valid points here:

If the refs had called out Toney even 1 of those earlier 4 times BEFORE that last minute play, he would have corrected it. But someone needs to teach Toney to line up. Needless to say, their WR coaching leaves much to be desired.

Probable the same thing Eagles are saying too about the illegal contact in the last minute vs Bradberry for JuJu in the last SB. Waiting to call something the last minute that you have noticed all game but not called it till then is the definition of inconsistency. If it can happen in a SB, it can happen in any game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't dislike them in general, but when a player is flagged for "taunting" because they waved at a defender who they outran or looked down at a guy who they just knocked down, it seems kinda hypocritical because if you think about it, all of those other actions (like defenders all running to the end zone & posing after getting a turnover) could be considered taunting as well.

I never understood a flag for a peace sign either. :) 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He has given Giants fans something to cheer for. My friend, the Giants season-ticket holder, sent me a text message after the game saying,

He's my second favorite DeVito, after everyone's favorite DeVito... 

Who's that wheezing, Collinsworth? Football commentary isn't the same until you hear that wheeze... 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Orlovsky actually has very valid points here:

If the refs had called out Toney even 1 of those earlier 4 times BEFORE that last minute play, he would have corrected it. But someone needs to teach Toney to line up. Needless to say, their WR coaching leaves much to be desired.

Probable the same thing Eagles are saying too about the illegal contact in the last minute vs Bradberry for JuJu in the last SB. Waiting to call something the last minute that you have noticed all game but not called it till then is the definition of inconsistency. If it can happen in a SB, it can happen in any game.

I think it's not referees' job to correct... Some crew may like to give warning, some may wait for the opportunity to throw a flag.

It's the job of that WR, his position coach and all of KC staff to know the tendencies that Toney gets into, and have him corrected at least on an important, crucial game deciding play at the end of the game.

Tbh, What you say probably happens a lot of times for different penalties and when the referees decide to call or turn a blind eye may end up deciding the game.

But, still coaches need to ensure their players don't end up in that situation. If Toney has done this multiple times in this game, he surely has done a hundred times in previous 13 weeks! So, it's the fault of the player and coaches, IMO. 

Henry Ruggs probably had drunk-n-driven at high speed 100s of times in his life, but after that one time he ended up killing a girl and a dog, now he lost his wealthy career and is gonna be in the jail.

At least, Mahomes and Toney can get to some sense that Toney's mistake only cost a game, and they can rectify it if they put focus into that now. 

11 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

What is the NFL's definition of taunting? That reaction by Chubb (slamming the helmet) did not look like what I consider "taunting". I don't think any opposing player viewed that as taunting. He looks as if he is upset with himself.