Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #14 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Steelers @ Patriots  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Week #14 starts with a game tonight featuring two of the Colts' biggest nemeses of the recent past. Who will you be rooting for?

• Steelers
    • Patriots
    • Neither. I hope it ends in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2023 at 04:12 AM

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

On NBC, they reported that Andy Reid said that the league should be embarrassed by how the Bills at Chiefs game ended. I wonder if I missed something. That offsides penalty was clear. You can't blame the refs for that.

They never call that. Now watch closely the rest of season and see how often that goes uncalled.

22 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

They never call that. Now watch closely the rest of season and see how often that goes uncalled.

If you've won a Super Bowl, especially 2 of them recently, you sure had lot such calls go on your favor.

If Reid feels that call goes uncalled mostly, he could send suitable videos to the league from his game and other games in their weekly interaction with match officials on penalties. 

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If you've won a Super Bowl, especially 2 of them recently, you sure had lot such calls go on your favor.

If Reid feels that call goes uncalled mostly, he could send suitable videos to the league from his game and other games in their weekly interaction with match officials on penalties. 

It’s literally never called. Interesting time to pull that one out then completely ignore Von Miller clearly offside the very next play.

The NFL has an officiating problem. It’s happening every game every week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is complaining the refs didn’t warn them. The refs addressed it tonight and said there is no rule to warn the team. They said especially when chiefs were blocking the view.

Totally agree on this!!! It’s a cumulative frustration for how their offense has performed (swapping Bieniemy for cough, cough, Matt Nagy), their WR coaching and drops etc.

The head ref just came on and said they had called it 11 times already this year. Reminded me of Dee Ford lined up off sides defensively on a Tom Brady INT in the 2018 AFCCG in Mahomes’ rookie year, Brady would take the lead in regulation, Mahomes tied it, then Brady never lets Mahomes see the ball again in OT, going to win his 6th SB, leading to Bob Sutton fired and Spags hired. Another Chiefs game where an off side changed the outcome.

The Chiefs have played Eagles, Raiders, Packers, Bills all coming off bye weeks 4 weeks in a row. Then the next 3 games - Patriots and Raiders coming off TNF games and Bengals coming off a Saturday night game, that’s 7 weeks in a row their opponents had more rest than Chiefs.

That is a VALID complaint, but not the offsides one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I miss Gilmore. 

Kermit and Big Mac can cry all they want. Toney was offsides, so act like adults and deal with it. 

Gilmore and Brandin Cooks went against each other in the Patriots-Rams SB. 

If Cowboys make it to the SB miraculously, my prediction of Ravens vs Cowboys comes true. Brandin Cooks has been on 2 SB losing teams - 2017 Patriots and 2018 Rams. He could make it 0-3 in SBs like poor Wes Welker :) 

• Like 1

It was the right call on the Chiefs, but the problem is it is rarely called is why Reid and Mahomes were complaining. This happens in almost every game actually and has happened 100's of times where the Refs don't call a WR offsides because his toe is off sides. It just happened these REFS had Superman vision and seen it. It had no bearing on the play which makes it worse, Chiefs would have scored regardless. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was the right call on the Chiefs, but the problem is it is rarely called is why Reid and Mahomes were complaining. This happens in almost every game actually and has happened 100's of times where the Refs don't call a WR offsides because his toe is off sides. It just happened these REFS had Superman vision and seen it. It had no bearing on the play which makes it worse, Chiefs would have scored regardless. 

Reid and Mahomes needed to realize it was called only 2 times in 2022 but 11 times already before this call in 2023. Somehow they missed out on that detail THIS year 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It’s already been called multiple times this season.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

11 times in 14 weeks and over a thousand snaps. That is like 1% of the time.

Yeah but it’s still called, that’s the bottom line. You can’t expect the refs to warn you every time you line up off sides. In the past they’ve done that and they should not have to do that. It’s basically training camp stuff, lining up.

Refs called it only twice last year in those thousands of snaps, even lower but they were warning offensive players. Now this year they chose not to warn these players that should know the rules.

At least they made it clear before the playoffs.

Just now, chad72 said:

Yeah but it’s still called. You can’t expect the refs to warn you every time you line up off sides. In the past they’ve done that and they should not have to do that. It’s basically training camp stuff, lining up.

Refs called it only twice last year in those thousands of snaps, even lower but they were warning offensive players. Now this year they chose not to warn these players that should know the rules.

I get it but come on, that was nonsense. 11 times in 14 weeks lmao . 2 times last year. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get it but come on, that was nonsense. 11 times in 14 weeks lmao . 2 times last year. 

Nope I disagree. Learn to line up every snap like TC, no matter the situation. Otherwise we’re not even having the conversation 

• Like 1

Let's, let the REFS decide every game, like they did with us vs the Browns. The game is much better that way chuckling homer simpson GIF- there are calls and there is common sense. 

There is a difference between the two. With the Colts vs Browns, the infractions were not really there (or at all). Chiefs, he was about as blatantly offsides as you can be. Penalize him for being that dense.

• Like 1

Cowboys were up 18 at halftime. First (2) 2nd half possession where they took off 1:49 of the clock and gave up a defensive TD 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mahomes is becoming very unlikeable. What is this.

Yeah, take it out on the guy who has probably single handedly lost you 2-3 games.

Toney has had bonehead plays all year, shouldn't even be rostered. 

They have kept rotating in these scrubs and they have had Rice making plays all year. Criminally under using him.

KC is a mess., they miss Bieniemy, Nagy has them regressing.

• Like 2

Let's, let the REFS decide every game, like they did with us vs the Browns. The game is much better that way chuckling homer simpson GIF- there are calls and there is common sense. 

It’s the same complaint Eagles fans had in the SB. All game you don’t call the illegal contact versus Eagles but then in a critical moment, call it for JuJu vs Bradberry, giving the Chiefs the first down, allowing them to ice the game with a FG

Browns game was far more egregious though, the league came back with some admissions, remember??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

There is a difference between the two. With the Colts vs Browns, the infractions were not really there (or at all). Chiefs, he was about as blatantly offsides as you can be. Penalize him for being that dense.

I will never be pro-REFS after what happened vs the Browns. If we miss the playoffs because of that game, that is huge mark for me on the NFL. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Cowboys were up 18 at halftime. First (2) 2nd half possession where they took off 1:49 of the clock and gave up a defensive TD 

Yeah, take it out on the guy who has probably single handedly lost you 2-3 games.

Toney has had bonehead plays all year, shouldn't even be rostered. 

They have kept rotating in these scrubs and they have had Rice making plays all year. Criminally under using him.

KC is a mess., they miss Bieniemy, Nagy has them regressing.

Yep, they would prefer our WRs over their scrubs 

I will never pro-REFS after what happened vs the Browns. If we miss the playoffs because of that game, that is huge mark for me on the NFL. 

Definitely agree there!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mahomes is so unclassy doing that to Josh.

What do you expect of Kermit? He’s been heralded as the new GOAT so he’s gonna throw a temper tantrum when he doesn’t get his way. It’s ok though, his wife and garbage brother will surely have a cool and rational take.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will never be pro-REFS after what happened vs the Browns. If we miss the playoffs because of that game, that is huge mark for me on the NFL. 

I agree, but imagine if they hadn’t called this with him being that far into the neutral zone.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

What do you expect of Kermit? He’s been heralded as the new GOAT so he’s gonna throw a temper tantrum when he doesn’t get his way. It’s ok though, his wife and garbage brother will surely have a cool and rational take.

I agree, but imagine if they hadn’t called this with him being that far into the neutral zone.

It was a penalty, but they just rarely call it was my point.  13 times in 2 seasons = over 1000's of snaps.