Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 12 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Insane win for the Eagles. Now Allen is 0-5 in OT. 

Yeah, outside Allen, the other commonality is Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier cushion defense. The 13 second debacle versus Chiefs, Bills haven’t learned. It would be hard for me to be a fan of theirs, constantly saying yeah buts..,

That was a big reason we rarely got the ball back after a Peyton turnover or punt in the playoffs, the style of D we played. He needs to go, the HC. No blitz no cigar, in the current NFL. Spags has shown that in 2019 and 2022, Bucs showed that in 2020, Rams did it too even though they had Aaron Donald. Sitting back won’t work against good QBs

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, outside Allen, the other commonality is Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier cushion defense. The 13 second debacle versus Chiefs, Bills haven’t learned. It would be hard for me to be a fan of theirs, constantly saying yeah buts..,

That was a big reason we rarely got the ball back after a Peyton turnover or punt in the playoffs, the style of D we played. He needs to go, the HC. No blitz no cigar, in the current NFL. Spags has shown that in 2019 and 2022, Bucs showed that in 2020, Rams did it too even though they had Aaron Donald. Sitting back won’t work against good QBs

I sure wish they would’ve sat back against Burrow in the Super Bowl lol :) oh well. 

15 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m genuinely curious if that happened in the end zone would it have been a TD or incomplete pass? Eagles fans were screaming it was incomplete but everyone else on Reddit was going off that it was a fumble. 

I'm certainly not an Eagles fan, but when I saw it, it looked incomplete. There was no doubt in my mind. Even if it happened in the end zone, I don't think it would have been a catch. It seems that he never had possession. It looked like the ball got to him but the defender's hit prevented the catch. JMO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm certainly not an Eagles fan, but when I saw it, it looked incomplete. There was no doubt in my mind. Even if it happened in the end zone, I don't think it would have been a catch. It seems that he never had possession. It looked like the ball got to him but the defender's hit prevented the catch. JMO

It was incomplete, he lost control of the ball before he made that 3rd football move. Nantz, Romo, and the REF in the box said it was incomplete.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was incomplete, he lost control of the ball before he made that 3rd football move. Nantz, Romo, and the REF in the box said it was incomplete.

It looked incomplete to me. Perhaps I did not see it well, but I did not even see a second move. It looked like he momentarily caught it but the defender's hit kept him from holding on to it to be a NFL catch. I did not understand why some thought it was a catch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m genuinely curious if that happened in the end zone would it have been a TD or incomplete pass? Eagles fans were screaming it was incomplete but everyone else on Reddit was going off that it was a fumble. 

Same with @NFLfan I didn't think it was close. The defender made a good play and popped it on with perfect timing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It sounds like a Ravens home game. Will never understand why greed and wealth mean more than tradition and honor. The Chargers had so many loyal fans in San Diego…

I say this as a hypocrite knowing full well the history of the Colts. 

One key difference, Baltimore ended up with another historic franchise that is among the winningest despite being one of the youngest. 

Not to mention at least with Indy we didn’t have another football team in the city already like the Rams… 

I don’t see San Diego ever getting a franchise again. Same with St. Louis…

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It sounds like a Ravens home game. Will never understand why greed and wealth mean more than tradition and honor. The Chargers had so many loyal fans in San Diego…

And now they're about the 15th most popular team in LA, behind the MLB, NBA, NHL & NCAA teams in the city.

IMO, the NFL screwed up in letting them "relocate" to LA. IIRC, after Rams owner Stan Kroenke financed the building of SoFi Stadium, the NFL authorized them to relocate from St Louis back to LA, with the stipulation that they had to take either the Chargers or Raiders with them. They should've chosen the Raiders, who at the time were the only team who had won a Superbowl while playing in LA. 

Now the Chargers are sinking in LA, the NFL can no longer host Superbowls in San Diego, and the Raiders are gone anyway, relocating to Las Vegas!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I don’t see San Diego ever getting a franchise again. Same with St. Louis…

I do, either the Chargers under a new owner, or a relocating franchise withban owner who is willing to finance the building of a state of the art NFL Stadium.

I think the NFL would relish the opportunity to have Superbowls in San Diego once again.

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

And now they're about the 15th most popular team in LA, behind the MLB, NBA, NHL & NCAA teams in the city.

IMO, the NFL screwed up in letting them "relocate" to LA. IIRC, after Rams owner Stan Kroenke financed the building of SoFi Stadium, the NFL authorized them to relocate from St Louis back to LA, with the stipulation that they had to take either the Chargers or Raiders with them. They should've chosen the Raiders, who at the time were the only team who had won a Superbowl while playing in LA. 

Now the Chargers are sinking in LA, the NFL can no longer host Superbowls in San Diego, and the Raiders are gone anyway, relocating to Las Vegas!

Yes. It was not a secret to anyone that the Raiders would be leaving Oakland, and it never made sense to my why these cities end up with multiple teams of the same sport. 

Raiders should’ve returned to LA. Rams and Chargers should’ve stayed in their respective cities. 

Las Vegas with a football team is still so odd to me. And now add the Athletics… Every home game in Las Vegas will be an away game with all the tourists…

• Like 1

Staley seems to be too thin. He looks like he has lost weight. Maybe I just have not seen much of him.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Man I really prefer the powder blue colors for the Chargers over the dark navy. 

Me too. But the dark navy is the traditional one. No?

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It seems like that in all their home games. They should have stayed in San Diego.

• Like 1