Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Actually I take i

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I think titans could beat them. It’s in Houston so we will see if stroud is back.

Broncos scored. Could be down to one procession.

Actually hits common opponents before conference record. Let me look at it a little closer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Actually I take i

Actually hits common opponents before conference record. Let me look at it a little closer.

I have them both at 6-6 vs common opponents, so would hit conference record next and we have them there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As long as colts win against raiders the division will be up for grabs still week 18. So imagine both games will be on at the same time.

The raiders QB is a typical pocket passer and will eat this zone up if colts are not careful. 

What we have going for us is the Raiders are playing the Chiefs in a big divisional rivalry.  They will go all out.  It will be like a Super Bowl for them.  If they lose they could be very deflated and will then play us on a shorter week for them and on the road.  Lines up pretty well for us actually.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What we have going for us is the Raiders are playing the Chiefs in a big divisional rivalry.  They will go all out.  It will be like a Super Bowl for them.  If they lose they could be very deflated and will then play us on a shorter week for them and on the road.  Lines up pretty well for us actually.

I’d also expect the Colts to respond like they did against the Steelers after the bad game vs Cincy.  I think you will see a much better effort next week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Broncos have a pretty doable final two games. Really puts even more pressure on colds if broncos win this.

Yeah but they have two pretty doable games. Colts really can’t lose either of the next two.

I think the last couple weeks have showed that none of these games are going to be give mes.

Broncos still have 2 division games, regardless of how well those teams are playing.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That would increase the chances of it being a two way tie with bengals I think.

What does?

If 9-8 gets in, there will be 3 or more teams tied.

5 teams could get there, well 6 if Raiders win out. 3 will definitely be tied at 9-8 if the 7 spot comes down to that 

Biggest chance of 2 way tie is 10-7 now.

As there are only 4 teams that can do it. 2 of those play each other and make that 3 that actually can.

Steelers and Bengals have tough schedules. Can't see either winning both games, but we've just about seen it all this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

In week 18, I want there to be a bunch of 9-7 teams heading into Sunday.  I want to see a tv screen that has multiple split images of the reactions of NFL fans as several teams are eliminated within a span of 90 seconds.  A playoff contender misses a GW FG, gets eliminated, and their fans cry while the other teams fans rejoice as their teams are still alive.  About 30 seconds later, another team makes a GW FG and eliminates another team...and so on.  The final dagger occurs when the Jags lose to Tenn and the script is flipped from last year's finale - Indy is down by 24-17, scores a TD with seconds left and decides to go for 2...winning it 25-24.  A lot of Antacid would be sold that evening in Houston.    

My heart wouldn’t take that

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 43 - post Sunday games week 16
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 16 Standings:

* - Still to play

x - clinched playoffs 

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-7, 4-1, 6-5(Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-7 , 3-2, 6-4(Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5(Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-10, 0-4, 3-7(@Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .520, .506 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

x-2. Dolphins 11-4, 4-1, 7-3, .393, .321 (@Ravens, Bills)

*3. Chiefs 9-5, 3-1, 7-2, .495, .444 (Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .577, .509 (Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 10-5, 3-2, 6-3, .536, .524 (Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bills 9-6, 2-2, 5-5, .495, .500 (Patriots, @Dolphins)

7. Colts 8-7, 3-2, 6-4, .485, .429 (Raiders, Texans)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5, .469, .464 (Titans, @Colts)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .531 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .561, .527 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Broncos 7-8, 2-2, 4-6, .515, .500 (Chargers, @Raiders)

*12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .469, .369 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Updated OP 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I predicted 10-7 before season but way things are going has to end in some crazy scenario , nice thing is we have best AFC record among the clubs battling. 

I had us at 10-7 and losing tie breaker for division to Jags and missing wild card berth as well 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Unpopular opinion:

I think all teams should have an extra bye week for Christmas. Then return to play on New Years. 

Also, I’m having a difficult time seeing how we can matchup well against the Raiders who have Crosby, Adams and Jacobs… 

Yeah if smith and Pittman are not back I don’t see it. It’s a bad matchup. 

NFL likes Christmas games.