Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are also bad against good teams. I could see them losing all 3. Bills could still have chance at the division.

Bills already beat Miami, so if they did it again they would have tie breaker.

So if Miami goes 1-3

Bills would need to go 3-1(could lose to Cowboys and still win)

Bills would win division

Miami would be 10-7,  7-5 in the conference in WC hunt.

Hopefully the Jets beat the Dolphins this week too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

So if Miami goes 1-3

Bills would win division

Bills to me seem good enough to run the table against good teams. Dolphins are a little bit of a enigma.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills to me seem good enough to run the table against good teams. Dolphins are a little bit of a enigma.

I honestly don't buy into their Head Coach who gets a ton of hype as being great and a funny dude. He got outcoached badly tonight and had a 14-point lead and blew it. With that offense, he went conservative and kept Hill on the bench a bunch which was puzzling. Hill hurt his ankle but still could play and wanted too. That last series of downs that Miami ran was grade school poop. They deserve to lose. Nice job by Will Levis he played great when it counted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, w87r said:

So if Miami goes 1-3

Bills would win division

The guys that are happiest about the next 4 games in the AFC are the Chiefs. Patriots, Raiders, Bengals and Chargers are their last 4. Good chance they sweep, and let Ravens, Jaguars and Dolphins beat each other.

It used to be Brady that used to be the recipient of good breaks back then, now it might be Mahomes, just not sure if their team is good enough to take advantage of all of it this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We need to beat Steelers Sunday that  isn’t the question. But how does it affect colts playoff standings if Bengals go ahead of Steelers in the division?

If you think about it, teams like the Browns and Bengals, because they have beaten us, you just want them to beat up on the Steelers, so that the Steelers are out of the way and if we beat the Steelers and the other AFC teams, we are good for 10-7 with tie breakers over the Broncos.

• Like 2

If Bengals do win Saturday in that first game I do know colts will move to 8.th temporarily. But I think then if colts win colts will move to 6th and with bengals win they will be in 7.th.  Steelers  would then be knocked out if bengals and colts both win.

Vikings should have Justin Jefferson back. Seems like he is ok after going down Sunday. I assume Mullins will start at QB.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We need to beat Steelers Sunday that  isn’t the question. But how does it affect colts playoff standings if Bengals go ahead of Steelers in the division?

They would still be 3rd behind the Browns so can't see that playing in.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly don't buy into their Head Coach who gets a ton of hype as being great and a funny dude. He got outcoached badly tonight and had a 14-point lead and blew it. With that offense, he went conservative and kept Hill on the bench a bunch which was puzzling. Hill hurt his ankle but still could play and wanted too. That last series of downs that Miami ran was grade school poop. They deserve to lose. Nice job by Will Levis he played great when it counted.

I think Will Levis is going to be very good.  For some reason he reminds me of Rivers.  Size wise and his personality.  Really into the game and a real fiery competitor.  In the short time I’ve seen AR play he seems more laid back and reserved.  Winning is all that matters though.  It’s a shame AR wasn’t able to finish the season.  You improve by playing.  Participating in meetings and observing has its benefits but playing is where you gain the experience.

The Dolphins have the hardest final month in football: 

Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. 

They could lose 3 out of 4 and miss the playoffs completely depending on if the Bills finally wake up and realize they've got everything they need to make a run. 

This is going to be a wild final 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Dolphins have the hardest final month in football: 

Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. 

They could lose 3 out of 4 and miss the playoffs completely depending on if the Bills finally wake up and realize they've got everything they need to make a run. 

This is going to be a wild final 4 weeks. 

Ravens play Jaguars, Dolphins and 49ers, not easy for them either but they should be favored versus both Jaguars and Dolphins, so the #1 seed is still theirs for the taking. Dolphins could blow the division and allow the Bills to come through the back door if they finish 10-7 and the Bills get the head to head 2-0 to also finish 10-7. Depends on how the Dolphins get their 7 losses and if they are 7-5 or 6-6 in the AFC, right now they are 6-3 in the AFC.

Colts have to finish 7-5 at least in the AFC with a 10-7 record at least. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Ravens play Jaguars, Dolphins and 49ers, not easy for them either but they should be favored versus both Jaguars and Dolphins, so the #1 seed is still theirs for the taking. Dolphins could blow the division and allow the Bills to come through the back door if they finish 10-7 and the Bills get the head to head 2-0 to also finish 10-7. Depends on how the Dolphins get their 7 losses and if they are 7-5 or 6-6 in the AFC, right now they are 6-3 in the AFC.

Colts have to finish 7-5 at least in the AFC with a 10-7 record at least. 

Chiefs beating the Bengals in two weeks would help us out and additionally the Bills and Dolphins as well. 

That would essentially take Cincy out of the equation. If Cincy wins out, we'd have to win out as well to secure a place. 

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Vikings defense is not going to sit back and just let browning have any pass he wants. Can’t wait to see how he handles all the blitzes. The really good news for colts is Vikings are also still fighting for the playoffs.

Was Justin Jefferson injury bad?

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Vikings defense is not going to sit back and just let browning have any pass he wants. Can’t wait to see how he handles all the blitzes. The really good news for colts is Vikings are also still fighting for the playoffs.

Bengals' skill positions makes it easy for them to handle blitzing teams. Chase and Higgins coming down with contest catches 1-on-1, and RB dump offs / screens have been a part of the Zac Taylor/Burrow offense for years now to deal with blitzing/aggressive teams.

It will definitely make it more difficult than Gus Bradley did but they should prevail over Mullens and/or Dobbs.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Bengals' skill positions makes it easy for them to handle blitzing teams. Chase and Higgins coming down with contest catches 1-on-1, and RB dump offs / screens have been a part of the Zac Taylor/Burrow offense for years now to deal with blitzing/aggressive teams.

It will definitely make it more difficult than Gus Bradley did but they should prevail over Mullens and/or Dobbs.

We will see. If it was burrow in there your right. But not all QB handle blitzes well. Can’t wait to see how Browning handles it. 

So glad we know the outcome of this game before colts play. Even though colts have to win no matter what.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:56 PM, Mick J. said:

Well, looking at all the other 7-6 teams, I think the Colts have the easiest schedule. Probably goes done to the final weel of regular season. Hopefully we get Taylor back.

There is no such thing as easy anything with the Colts.......  :wall:  That being said, w/o our QB we are having a solid season and better than expected.  AR is already much more of a threat that helps out the team, much more than Stache.

All 3 games have afc playoff implications Saturday even though two are playing nfc teams. It would be nice to win and just have a relaxing Sunday watching football. Then we don’t have to worry much about if other teams win or lose Sunday.

The  way titans played last night I think Texans are in trouble having to still play them twice. I really think we can count Texans out of it. But we will see.  Browns are still only one game ahead and losing their tackle with a statue at QB could be an issue.

My hope is colts win and jags lose and it comes down to these last 3 games for the division. Jags going to Bucs same week Colts are going to falcons is interesting for both divisions. Should be fun in Christmas Eve.

It would be so cool to have colts win and jags lose and next week be for the division lead.  Both nfcs and AFCs could be up for grabs on Christmas Eve.  Makes me mad that we lost so bad Sunday.

Lawrence had 3 int Sunday but otherwise played well it seems. Don’t know if those were the result of his ankle or not.

Bears have been playing well and have some confidence so maybe they can upset browns.

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone know how tie breakers work if colts and bengals win and Browns lose? If there is a multi team tiebreaker how do browns fall in their against colts.

I just did the playoff machine and it goes Browns stay at 5 Bengals get 6th and Colts stay at 7. It gets weird if the Broncos win then Bengals drop out and Colts move to 6.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I just did the playoff machine and it goes Browns stay at 5 Bengals get 6th and Colts stay at 7. It gets weird if the Broncos win then Bengals drop out and Colts move to 6.

I would think if colts win they would stay at 6 no matter what but you might be right.  I don’t think bengals can jump colts because of other factors but it’s so complicated who knows. All the common games come into it. Then you have Texans in there too.