Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills play cowboys next week. Should be an interesting game in Buffalo. 

Broncos play in Detroit.

Vikings are in Cincy.

Colt fans keep saying that but we are also an average team with a backup QB. Which makes these games pretty even.

Yah we are not one of the top 14 teams in the league IMO. Probably somewhere in between 14-20 is where I would rank us.

However just like the Giants last year sometime strength of schedule is a massive determining factor in a teams record when all is said and done.

Like look at our 4 game winning streak, Pats, Panthers, Bucs, Titans. Haha arguably 4 of the 6 worst teams in the league. Then 2 of our 4 remaining games are against the Falcons and Raiders. 2 more absolutely terrible teams lol.

Win those 2, get one against the Steelers or Texans and we are in. 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah we are not one of the top 14 teams in the league IMO. Probably somewhere in between 14-20 is where I would rank us.

However just like the Giants last year sometime strength is a massive determining factor in a teams record when all is said and done.

Like look our 4 game winning streak, Pats, Panthers, Bucs, Titans. Haha arguably 4 of the 6 worst teams in the league. Then 2 of our 4 remaining games are against the Falcons and Raiders. 2 more absolutely terrible teams lol.

Win those 2, get one against the Steelers or Texans and we are in. 

Falcons are tied in the division. They have a lot to play for. 

Bucs

I give you the other 3, although I don't think the Titans on the road is going to be an easy out for any of their remaining opponents.

But the Bucs are Division leaders and they are definitely not one of the worst 6 teams in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I give you the other 3, although I don't think the Titans on the road is going to be an easy out for any of their remaining opponents.

But the Bucs are Division leaders and they are definitely not one of the worst 6 teams in the league.

Meh, I said arguably because people will certainly have differing opinions. I think all 4 of those teams are 4 of the worst teams in the league. They get to play each other twice is the only reason they are close to .500

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Despite today's fiasco of a performance, we still control our own destiny. Steelers next week is a must win though 

It’s just sad what it could have been in the division especially if they hadn’t laid an egg. The good thing is this was an entire team breakdown right down to coaches too. So hopefully it was just a bad game.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s just sad what it could have been in the division especially if they hadn’t laid an egg. The good thing is this was an entire team breakdown right down to coaches too. So hopefully it was just a bad game.

I am a bigtime optimist and I didn't think we run the table. A loss is going to happen. I think we will still lose another as well. We will beat Pitt though and everything will be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am a bigtime optimist and I didn't think we run the table. A loss is going to happen. I think we will still lose another as well. We will beat Pitt though and everything will be fine. 

I didn’t think we were going to win this game. Bengals are a good team. Let’s not forget they have been to a SB. I thought fans were to optimistic. Colts are an average team and got exposed by a better team today. Trubisky will probably look like an all pro Saturday. Lmao

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I didn’t think we were going to win this game. Bengals are a good team. Let’s not forget they have been to a SB. I thought fans were to optimistic. Colts are an average team and got exposed by a better team today. Trubisky will probably look like an all pro Saturday. Lmao

Trubisky will be Trubisky on Saturday. That team is a mess. We will win that game by at least 7.

Just lamenting this loss today…we could have been tied with the jags at the top of the division with a chance to take the division if we can win out and jags lose one.

We need to win 2 more still than the jags do. Meaning we need the jags to be at best 2-2 in the final four and we would have to be 4-0. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Trubisky will be Trubisky on Saturday. That team is a mess. We will win that game by at least 7.

I dont care who the Steelers QB is we haven't beat then since Nov 9 2008, and that is the one of only two times we have beaten them since 1984. This game is not a gimmie. No way in hell. I actually think we lose to the Steelers but winning out against the Falcons, Raiders and Texans could still get us in.

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Just lamenting this loss today…we could have been tied with the jags at the top of the division with a chance to take the division if we can win out and jags lose one.

We need to win 2 more still than the jags do. Meaning we need the jags to be at best 2-2 in the final four and we would have to be 4-0. 

And jags are playing ravens next week. SMH. We can still come out with the same record next week with 3 to go.

I dont care who the Steelers QB is we haven't beat then since Nov 28 2005, and that is the one and only time we have beaten them since 1984. This game is not a gimmie. No way in hell. I actually think we lose to the Steelers but winning out against the Falcons, Raiders and Texans could still get us in.

It’s actually two teams who are evenly matched. It can go either way. Steelers always pull one out of their butt when they are up against the wall.

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont care who the Steelers QB is we haven't beat then since Nov 9 2008, and that is the one of only two times we have beaten them since 1984. This game is not a gimmie. No way in hell. I actually think we lose to the Steelers but winning out against the Falcons, Raiders and Texans could still get us in.

Nah, we will win Saturday. I will eat crow if we don't but I don't see it.

• Like 1

What a crazy year.  The Bills beat one of the best teams in the league on the road and move to 7-6.  We get crushed on the road by a struggling team with a backup quarterback and are also 7-6.  Yet for now the Bills are out and we are still in.  The NFC is even crazier.  A bunch of teams with losing records still with a chance to make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Minshew looked like crap against as bad bengals defense. He isn’t going to look any better against the Steelers defense.

Vikings defense is rellly good. Hopefully they will give bengals fits Saturday.

Steelers defense is a mess. They are not even healthy. You want to bet on the game? I doubt it. lmao 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers defense is a mess. They are not even healthy. You want to bet on the game? I doubt it. lmao 

I would bet you. I would take the trend in history over how the teams look any day of the week. 18-3 Steelers since the Colts have been in Indy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They can with jags playing ravens in Jax next week. Could be tied with 3 to go. Colts have to finish with a better record.

Jaguars - Ravens, @Buccaneers, Panthers, @Titans

Colts - Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans 

I can see Jags going 1-3, Titans will be tough out

If that happened 3-1 gets it done.

Would rather just win out and be good with them going 2-2, as I don't think they will go better than that.

I don't think the Texans will be there in the end, especially with Stroud concussed. They looked horrible today.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Jaguars - Ravens, @Buccaneers, Panthers, @Titans

Colts - Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans 

I can see Jags going 1-3, Titans will be tough out

If that happened 3-1 gets it done.

Would rather just win out and be good with them going 2-2, as I don't think they will go better than that.

I don't think the Texans will be there in the end, especially with Stroud concussed. They looked horrible today.

I sgeee think Texans have too many injuries. That was a bad loss today for them. 

I also don’t trust the colts. They are an average team that can lose any of these games left. One thing to keep in mind these players have not experienced the pressure and what it is like trying to get into the playoffs. Thst could end up their downfall.  Usually water finds its level eventually. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-blasted-hiding-tj-watt-concussion

Steelers Blasted for Hiding T.J. Watt's Concussion

The Pittsburgh Steelers are taking some serious heat for T.J. Watt's situation.

...Once the news broke, NFL analyst Warren Sharp compared the situation to the Miami Dolphins last season with Tua Tagovaola and blasted Pittsburgh for not checking Watt's symptoms sooner and ignoring them once they did...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I sgeee think Texans have too many injuries. That was a bad loss today for them. 

I also don’t trust the colts. They are an average team that can lose any of these games left. One thing to keep in mind these players have not experienced the pressure and what it is like trying to get into the playoffs. Thst could end up their downfall.  Usually water finds its level eventually. 

Yeah, we can just as easily lose out.

It will be a wild ride that's for sure 

11/16  teams over .500 through 13 games is crazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope colts win Saturday so I can just enjoy Sunday football instead of being mad lol.  Two important games are also Sunday for colts so Sunday would be a nice breather to know where we stand.

Also need to watch that division with chiefs. Bad if broncos win it.

Chiefs play Patriots this week. Imagine they will be back in the W column there and Broncos have a tough game @ Detroit

Chiefs have the better division record with the H2H split.

Think the Chiefs would have to lose 2 games of remaining 4 and probably both of those being their division games

(LV, LAC) both look horrible and Herbert got hurt today.