Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com ranks Kenny Moore….

NewColtsFan

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kenny is a play maker around the ball which increases his value.

By far the most of his snaps are at nickel. So, he’s a slot corner?

He has snaps at the Dline too, does that make him a DE/ER?

Compare him to some of the other slot corners:

Kenny:

Slot snaps: 442

Wide snaps: 121

Dline/Box/FS: 145

Trent McDuffie - the #2 slot corner in NFL.com’s ranking:

Slot snaps: 292

Wide snaps: 173

Dline/Box/FS: 137

Nate Hobbs - the #3 slot corner:

Slot snaps: 253

Wide snaps: 74

Dline/Box/FS: 95

It’s just the nature of the position to get moved around. It doesn’t make Kenny something special. 

Don’t get me wrong - he’s one of the top defenders at the position, but the position is slot corner and he’ll get payed like a slot corner and likely as the top slot corner - as he should. 

8 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Kenny:

It’s just the nature of the position to get moved around. It doesn’t make Kenny something special. 

Don’t get me wrong - he’s one of the top defenders at the position, but the position is slot corner and he’ll get payed like a slot corner and likely as the top slot corner - as he should. 

If someone plays just nickelback and nothing else they would get paid differently than kenny, amazing how lost this is on you.

Its not just that he plays other spots either.  its that he plays them well, especially in the box.  Kenny already does make more than a pure nickelback who would come off the field in non nickel formations too 

14 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

If someone plays just nickelback and nothing else they would get paid differently than kenny, amazing how lost this is on you.

Its not just that he plays other spots either.  its that he plays them well, especially in the box.  Kenny already does make more than a pure nickelback who would come off the field in non nickel formations too 

Kenny is getting paid $8m-ish per year right now and my guess is that'll get bumped to $10-12m-ish. Top outside corner money is $20m - he's not getting that, and that's been my argument all along. He's a top corner, but a top slot corner.

I will own it. He was dog poo for two years. He didn't even have trade value.

And while I get the NFL is all about what you have done for met lately, this is largely based on Moore getting a couple of gimme picks against an overloaded rookie on arguably the worst offense in the NFL. That somehow has vaunted him back to being the best slot CB in the NFL. Talk about recency bias.

I think if the Colts extend him, they are fools. Letting some other team pay him if he is really the best slot CB in the NFL. 

9 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Kenny:

Should he get paid like the top slot CB? We just forget about the past two years? And now he's going to be 29. 

Just look at this season. Moore hasn't had an aDOT over 5 yards since the LAR game. His aDOT for the entire season is 5.0. That's a massive decrease from the 7-8.5 of the last 3 seasons, when he struggled at times. And that's aDOT is what you see with LBs, not CBs.

And the decrease is likely not a coincidence. It's either because the Colts have played terrible QBs recently (true)...OR he's not being asked to defend anything beyond a few yards past the LOS. I think it's a bit of both.

And if Bradley made changes, it wasn't to take advantage of Moore's versatility. 

I really don't see the appeal of paying a 29-31 year-old Kenny Moore at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Should he get paid like the top slot CB? We just forget about the past two years? And now he's going to be 29. 

Just look at this season. Moore hasn't had an aDOT over 5 yards since the LAR game. His aDOT for the entire season is 5.0. That's a massive decrease from the 7-8.5 of the last 3 seasons, when he struggled at times. And that's aDOT is what you see with LBs, not CBs.

And the decrease is likely not a coincidence. It's either because the Colts have played terrible QBs recently (true)...OR he's not being asked to defend anything beyond a few yards past the LOS. I think it's a bit of both.

And if Bradley made changes, it wasn't to take advantage of Moore's versatility. 

I really don't see the appeal of paying a 29-31 year-old Kenny Moore at all.

I think that's fair. A lot of Kenny's performance could be down him to him beating bad receivers and/or QBs. I'm not sure Kenny has stepped up against quality receivers and QBs. 

But, I don't think an eventual contract would be for 4 years. I'm guessing 3 with an out after 2. I think it's okay to take that chance. Last season was bad, but it was the first season in a new scheme.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think that's fair. A lot of Kenny's performance could be down him to him beating bad receivers and/or QBs. I'm not sure Kenny has stepped up against quality receivers and QBs. 

But, I don't think an eventual contract would be for 4 years. I'm guessing 3 with an out after 2. I think it's okay to take that chance. Last season was bad, but it was the first season in a new scheme.

Ridley went off on the Colts in the season opener in the first half.  The second half he did nothing.  When asked what the adjustment was Gus said they put Kenny Moore on him the whole second half. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ridley went off on the Colts in the season opener in the first half.  The second half he did nothing.  When asked what the adjustment was Gus said they put Kenny Moore on him the whole second half. 

So it looks like it might be a good idea to put Kenny on a teams best WR the rest of the way.

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn't mean it as a definite. Should've have put a "?" at the end of that, because it was actually ment as a question and on a career basis - not just this year. I do seem to remember he got absolutely cooked against the Raiders in '21 in a win and in game.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:42 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

We could have traded up to #1 potentially (as the package from 4 to 1 is less than 9 to 1), but I remember Ballard saying that Richardson was the no1 ranked player on the Colts board. So, in reality, the only way we get Stroud is if the Texans take Richardson at #2, and that didn't happen. 

I'm glad we didn't get rid of Moore either. Hoping we re-sign him to a multi-year deal. That was a special game he had Vs the Panthers. 

More on that … Ballard said he hadn’t gathered enough info to pull the trigger to move up to 1: “Didn’t want to make a blind decision without all the information.” Weird thing to say — apparently Carolina gathered and processed information quicker? But then Carolina made the wrong call so whatever, I guess. We’ll never know who was 1 on the Colts board but it’s AR’s team now and I’m hopeful. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I didn't mean it as a definite. Should've have put a "?" at the end of that, because it was actually ment as a question and on a career basis - not just this year. I do seem to remember he got absolutely cooked against the Raiders in '21 in a win and in game.

Speedy and shifty slots like Hunter Renfrow do give him issues. I saw a similar episode although just for 1 catch versus DeMario Douglas, Patriots rookie WR.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No player is perfect.  Kenny has been pretty good the bulk of his career here and he’s having a great year this year.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, NewColtsFan said:

…. as the top slot corner in football.   Glad to see some have noticed just how good KM is this year.   

Many here wanted Moore traded after last years very disappointing season.    Who will own that now?  

I was one of those people. I said trade him at last season’s trade deadline too. Very happy that I was wrong. I hope he gets a nice extension here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:34 AM, BlackTiger said:

Of course you know we cringe here when Kenny has to play outside.

And Kenny himself said he was used last year wrong because he was so often asked to chase guys all over the field, and we saw how bad he was at that.

And you remember they moved Kenny out to play Ridley, but as I recall the adjustment was that Kenny took the underneath and we doubled with a safety. That would call for Lawrence to throw to other single coverages.

Kenny is playing an excellent slot/box. 

I agree we should want to keep him to play that. What Ballard and his Capologist think when the rubber hits the road?

I think he would play his position better than Zaire his, so I would rather pay him. I'm not fooled by Zaire's tackle #'s. He is a 2 down guy, so I hope we go for improvement at his position.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Of course you know we cringe here when Kenny has to play outside.

And Kenny himself said he was used last year wrong because he was so often asked to chase guys all over the field, and we saw how bad he was at that.

And you remember they moved Kenny out to play Ridley, but as I recall the adjustment was that Kenny took the underneath and we doubled with a safety. That would call for Lawrence to throw to other single coverages.

Kenny is playing an excellent slot/box. 

I agree we should want to keep him to play that. What Ballard and his Capologist think when the rubber hits the road?

I think he would play his position better than Zaire his, so I would rather pay him. I'm not fooled by Zaire's tackle #'s. He is a 2 down guy, so I hope we go for improvement at his position.

Zaire signed a 3 year extension last year.  He’s all set for a few more years.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, NewColtsFan said:

…. as the top slot corner in football.   Glad to see some have noticed just how good KM is this year.   

Many here wanted Moore traded after last years very disappointing season.    Who will own that now?  

I hope this isn't based on the Panthers game facing a rookie QB. We have seen Kenny get burned a lot against veteran QBs in the past.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:14 PM, Solid84 said:

Moore has played 708 total defensive snaps this year:

At slot: 442

At outside: 121

At Dline/box/free safety: 145

He’s a slot corner. Sure he moves around a little, but he’s a slot corner.

I apprecaite he came back this offseason with a different mind-set, but if he starts crying about wanting outside corner money again this offseason I’ll once again be advocating for trading him. 

He's an unrestricted free agent next year, so I don't think he'll be traded. 

• Like 1