Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alternate Universe Colts Season Thread

Yoshinator

This is a thread where an alternate universe exists for this season. Here are the rules.

1.) It officially starts at the beginning of the regular season (since we had hope until then, everyone Ballard drafted and signed up until then counts).

2.) When someone makes a post about the season in the alternate universe (good or bad), it is automatically considered fact.

3.) After someone posts an event, whether it's a win, game results, stats, an injury etc... the next post builds off of it in some way. We are creating the universe together, and all events build off of each other.

4.) This thread is a way to cope with the season. Have fun with it and try to enjoy yourself. This is supposed to be a positive experience. 

Have fun guys! 

Mods: Can you pin this thread please? I think this thread could help a lot of people who are depressed about the season and want to fantasize about a Colts season that they haven't seen in a long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a thread where an alternate universe exists for this season. Here are the rules.

1.) It officially starts at the beginning of the regular season (since we had hope until then, everyone Ballard drafted and signed up until then counts).

2.) When someone makes a post about the season in the alternate universe (good or bad), it is automatically considered fact.

3.) After someone posts an event, whether it's a win, game results, stats, an injury etc... the next post builds off of it in some way. We are creating the universe together, and all events build off of each other.

4.) This thread is a way to cope with the season. Have fun with it and try to enjoy yourself. This is supposed to be a positive experience. 

Have fun guys! 

Mods: Can you pin this thread please? I think this thread could help a lot of people who are depressed about the season and want to fantasize about a Colts season that they haven't seen in a long time.

Yeah, this will take some thought, but I will be posting on it. 

• Like 1

New HC Shane Steichen has entered the building in preparation for game 1 of the regular season against the Jacksonville Jaguars.  "Richardson look like an experienced veteran in practice already". "We are going to mix it up with AR" Steichen said. "Obviously he has a lot of natural talent, and I want to combine all of it so he becomes the most dominant QB in the NFL in time". "His athletic ability is through the charts, and his accuracy has improved heavily through training camp and preseason. AR is ready to take the next the next step forward and start for the Indianapolis Colts. 

"There will be a lot of bumps along the way, but I feel the same way with AR as I felt about Jalen Hurts." The potential is through the roof." "Now I'm taking the next step from an Offensive Coordinator to a HC, and I can learn alongside AR. I feel more confident now than I ever have. I'm at a point in my life where I'm wiser than I've ever been. Now, I'm the HC of a team with a franchise QB in AR that I have familiarity with style-wise. I'm ready, as a HC, to learn and lead this team to the SB".

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I want us to have some fun on the forum. This thread will be a good coping device for us that just want a great season for once.

Booo Fun Booo.   How far can we take this?  Can i say we drafted thanos? or that Irsay lost the colts in a poker game with a gutshot straight flush draw that whiffed?  lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Booo Fun Booo.   How far can we take this?  Can i say we drafted thanos? or that Irsay lost the colts in a poker game with a gutshot straight flush draw that whiffed?  lol

In the rules we have to keep the players Ballard signed in FA and drafted before the season. However, we can manipulate the season anyway we want in our universe. We can win games, lose games, have outrageous performances for certain players (that are realistic in football terms for a player at their position). Have fun, we are making our own season. Just make sure to build off of previous posts and don't contradict someone else. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Have fun guys! 

Funny..... With all the Mandela Effects lately a "alternate colts universe" should fit right in. Lol

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to Alternate Universe Colts Season Thread

Breaking NFL News:

Colts rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson gets injured in a freak surfing accident in Florida and will miss out his first NFL season. More details at noon. 

JUST KIDDING!!!!

How about this? The Colts settle with Taylor and get him paid. He joins the team and preps the week leading up to the first game. 

Week 1. Home game vs. Jaguars. 

Jim Irsay invites Andrew Luck to the game to be given a proper send off (maybe RoH?) The fans cheer and give him a standing ovation as thanks. 

And this act breaks the curse.

Richardson makes mistakes, but also makes big plays connecting with Pittman and the tight ends. The defense blitzes Lawrence and the Jags are caught off guard by the aggression. An emotional start gives the team their first win against Jacksonville in years. Colts win 23-20. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How about this? The Colts settle with Taylor and get him paid. He joins the team and preps the week leading up to the first game. 

Week 1. Home game vs. Jaguars. 

Jim Irsay invites Andrew Luck to the game to be given a proper send off (maybe RoH?) The fans cheer and give him a standing ovation as thanks. 

And this act breaks the curse.

Richardson makes mistakes, but also makes big plays connecting with Pittman and the tight ends. The defense blitzes Lawrence and the Jags are caught off guard by the aggression. An emotional start gives the team their first win against Jacksonville in years. Colts win 23-20. 

This is a good start. I like it and realistic from all ends.

• Thanks 1

It was a good first week for the Colts. We got Taylor paid, Luck has mended fences with the Colts and the fans reacted well to it, and the Colts managed to get a close win off 3 Matt Gay 50-yard FGs during the game in a 23-20 win. Anthony Richardson had a successful start with 250 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, and 75 rushing yds and a rushing td. In the first game, it looks like Pittman took control from where he left off and is exhibiting leadership abilities with a 100 yd game. Kylen Granson had a 40-yard catch and run, and Drew Ogletree got a 25 yd catch himself. 

On defense, Kwity Paye, Dayo, and Buckner all got a sack. Kenny Moore got a strip sack on Calvin Ridley, and the defense did its job. We held Trevor Lawrence to under 250 yds, and Travis Etienne under 75 yards. Good start to the season and the Colts shake off the 0-1 curse. Can't wait to see Steichens presser later on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

The week does come with a bit of bad news, Gardner Minshew injured his throwing hand while high fiving teammates after the win against the Jags, goes on IR. Sam Ehlinger is named as backup QB……..

:peek:

You know what, as crazy as this sounds, teams have players get injured during celebrations. We'll go along with this.

• Like 1

Shane Steichen is on the podium after the week one win Vs the Jaguars.

"I'm extremely excited to get my first win as a HC Vs the Jags. It was closer than we were hoping with Matt Gay having to hit a 54 yard FG to seal the deal, but we got it done. Anthony Richardson looked extremely poised during his first start as an NFL QB, and even though he threw one INT, he looked good out there and didn't seem overwhelmed. There's a chance Jonathan Taylor returns next week as he is ahead of schedule with his injury, and the defense looked ferocious in their first start. We need to keep up the aggression on both offense and defense as we are facing so many talented teams and the AFC is a brutal conference. We got an important divisional win today and hopefully we can carry that over to next week."

"In other news, Gardner Minshew had a freak injury today and injured his throwing hand after the game. These are the unfortunate injuries you don't want to see. Sam Elingher will be the backup for the forseeable future."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You know what, as crazy as this sounds, teams have players get injured during celebrations. We'll go along with this.

Not sure if AR stays healthy in this alternate universe for the whole season, so thought  taking out Gardner would shake things up a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, HOZER said:

Not sure if AR stays healthy in this alternate universe for the whole season, so thought  taking out Gardner for a bit would shake things up a bit.

Yeah, it's a fun swerve that I had Shane Steichen confirm in his press conference after the week 1 win. Ballard will have to sign a QB off someone's practice squad or sign a FA QB.

• Like 1

Chris Ballard has made a move to sign Colt McCoy to the Colts practice squad. "He's an experienced veteran that can be depended on in case of emergency" Ballard said. We may use him as the backup to AR depending on the matchup, or we may use Elighner. We feel lucky he was out there in FA, and I believe there won't be too much of a dropoff until Minshew returns."

• Like 1

Colt McCoy did a brief presser with the media. "I'm excited to sign with the Colts temporarily as I feel they are closer to contending than people realize. I can help them for a few weeks while Minshew is out in case they need a veteran in practice, someone to help AR, or to possibly spot-start in case of an injury. I hope for the best for the Colts and appreciate them signing me to a short-term contract to help them."

• Like 1

Shane Steichen has a big announcement! "Jonathan Taylor is going to be ready to play week 2 in a limited capacity! We are very excited to get him playing earlier than expected. It will be a shot in the arm after the current RBs struggled in week 1 Vs the Jaguars. Zack Moss is looking to return as well, and we will see what we can get out of him. Either way, we expect this offense to take off against the Texans in week 2."

• Like 1

Note: I edited and deleted some posts of folks arguing with each other. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Move on. There are lots of other threads in which to exchange thoughts.

If you think a thread should be locked, just report it and the mods will decide.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Shane Steichen has a big announcement! "Jonathan Taylor is going to be ready to play week 2 in a limited capacity! We are very excited to get him playing earlier than expected. It will be a shot in the arm after the current RBs struggled in week 1 Vs the Jaguars. Zack Moss is looking to return as well, and we will see what we can get out of him. Either way, we expect this offense to take off against the Texans in week 2."

Continue...

• Thanks 1

Jonathan Taylor is talking to the press. "Anything that the fanbase thought I had an issue with the Colts organization is now settled. I'm ahead of schedule with my injury and will start week 2 Vs the Texans. I truly believe myself and Zack Moss will give this offense a shot in the arm and can help AR reach new heights to become a top offense in the league. I don't know how much I'll be utilized my first week back, but I feel great, my relationship with the Colts is great, and I'm extremely happy to be part of this organization and I'm happy that they feel the same way about me. I'm ready to get the win Sunday and get to 2-0."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jonathan Taylor is talking to the press. "Anything that the fanbase thought I had an issue with the Colts organization is now settled. I'm ahead of schedule with my injury and will start week 2 Vs the Texans. I truly believe myself and Zack Moss will give this offense a shot in the arm and can help AR reach new heights to become a top offense in the league. I don't know how much I'll be utilized my first week back, but I feel great, my relationship with the Colts is great, and I'm extremely happy to be part of this organization and I'm happy that they feel the same way about me. I'm ready to get the win Sunday and get to 2-0."

Lonely Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

On 11/2/2023 at 10:41 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

New HC Shane Steichen has entered the building in preparation for game 1 of the regular season against the Jacksonville Jaguars.  "Richardson look like an experienced veteran in practice already". "We are going to mix it up with AR" Steichen said. "Obviously he has a lot of natural talent, and I want to combine all of it so he becomes the most dominant QB in the NFL in time". "His athletic ability is through the charts, and his accuracy has improved heavily through training camp and preseason. AR is ready to take the next the next step forward and start for the Indianapolis Colts. 

"There will be a lot of bumps along the way, but I feel the same way with AR as I felt about Jalen Hurts." The potential is through the roof." "Now I'm taking the next step from an Offensive Coordinator to a HC, and I can learn alongside AR. I feel more confident now than I ever have. I'm at a point in my life where I'm wiser than I've ever been. Now, I'm the HC of a team with a franchise QB in AR that I have familiarity with style-wise. I'm ready, as a HC, to learn and lead this team to the SB".

BREAKING NEWS:

Jonathan Taylor and 2024 1st round pick is traded for RB Derrick Henry from their rivals the Tennessee Titans. "We loved Taylor. But we moved on and Derrick would be a great fit for our team" says Shane Steichen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ForTheMinshew said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Jonathan Taylor and 2024 1st round pick is traded for RB Derrick Henry from their rivals the Tennessee Titans. "We loved Taylor. But we moved on and Derrick would be a great fit for our team" says Shane Steichen. 

Oh boy! This season just took a turn lol.

1 hour ago, ForTheMinshew said:

BREAKING NEWS:

BTW, welcome to the forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After trading for Derrick Henry, the Colts are considering trading Anthony Richardson straight up for Zach Wilson to give the fan base their wish: a young pocket quarterback. Unlike Richardson, Wilson had lots of experience in college and accuracy was never an issue. He played 3 years and his stats got better every year. In his 3rd and final year at BYU, he started 12 games, completed 73.5% of his passes for 3,692 yards, and threw 33 TDs and only 3 INT.

This trade, if it happens, is expected to re-energize the fan base. Ballard may then save his job. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

After trading for Derrick Henry, the Colts are considering trading Anthony Richardson straight up for Zach Wilson to give the fan base their wish: a young pocket quarterback. Unlike Richardson, Wilson had lots of experience in college and accuracy was never an issue. He played 3 years and his stats got better every year. In his 3rd and final year at BYU, he started 12 games, completed 73.5% of his passes for 3,692 yards, and threw 33 TDs and only 3 INT.

This trade, if it happens, is expected to re-energize the fan base. Ballard may then save his job. Stay tuned.

You must be watching the Jets tonight, lol.  I'll say that although he's not perfect,  the penalties are killing that offense tonight, along with the drops. 

On to the story:

Henry "Although I'm an RB first and foremost,  I can always play QB in a pinch,  should the need arise.  I'm excited to play with Richardson and run behind Nelson for the rest of this year.."

• Like 2