Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alternate Universe Colts Season Thread

Yoshinator

32 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

You must be watching the Jets tonight, lol.  I'll say that although he's not perfect,  the penalties are killing that offense tonight, along with the drops. 

On to the story:

Henry "Although I'm an RB first and foremost,  I can always play QB in a pinch,  should the need arise.  I'm excited to play with Richardson and run behind Nelson for the rest of this year.."

It was a joke. Many fans here want the Colts to start a pocket QB. I figured let's make a trade for one.  However, I wrote that the Colts are "considering" a trade. One can change the storyline to 

"The Colts decided not to trade their prized rookie for Zach Wilson after seeing Wilson's poor performance tonight and hearing from newly acquired Derrick Henry that he wants to play with Richardson..." :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was a joke. Many fans here want the Colts to start a pocket QB. I figured let's make a trade for one.  However, I wrote that the Colts are "considering" a trade. One can change the storyline to 

"The Colts decided not to trade their prized rookie for Zach Wilson after seeing Wilson's poor performance tonight and hearing from newly acquired Derrick Henry that he wants to play with Richardson..." :)

I took it as a joke.  Wilson definitely does not have the IT factor.   He does have an excellent defense though. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 5:07 AM, NFLfan said:

Note: I edited and deleted some posts of folks arguing with each other. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Move on. There are lots of other threads in which to exchange thoughts.

If you think a thread should be locked, just report it and the mods will decide.

Who would want this thread locked?Homer Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

WEEK 2

COLTS @ TEXANS

RICHARDSON vs. STROUD

After a strange turn of events, leading to the Titans and Colts swapping their star running backs, the locker room was shocked but didn't have much time to process as it was time to fly to Houston for the 2nd divisional game on their schedule. 

Pittman Jr., who is also on a contract year, had this to say on the situation leading up to the game: "man we'll miss JT, but that's business. It is what it is and I hope for the best for him. That said, we've all got to do our part and be prepared for this game. I've got 5's back." 

The Houston crowd is loud and excited, filled with hope for their future QB. 

As the game begins, the two teams each exchange 3 and outs. Steichen elects to go for 3 straight passes, two of which are completed but not enough for a first down. On 3rd down the pass is incomplete to Pierce. 

With about 7 minutes into the 1st, the game finally starts to open up. Henry gets involved and makes a few long runs, and Richardson gets his first touchdown pass, a beautiful throw to Pittman Jr. 

Colts 7 Texans 0

Not to be outdone, Stroud also starts to open it up and begins to air it out. They are able to get into good field position but the drive stalls late. They punt deep into Colts territory. 

With the Colts backed into their own endzone, they use Henry heavily. They are able to get a first. Unfortunately the game's first mistake will happen a few plays later as Richardson makes an ill advised throw into coverage, leading to an interception. 

Wasting no time, the Texans use a mix of run and pass to get into the red zone. Stroud connects with Dell for a touchdown. 

At the end of the 1st quarter it's Colts 7 Texans 7. 

The 2nd quarter features heavy use of running for both teams. Henry shows his absolutely strength in getting tough yards, while Richardson use RPO to make a few runs as well. He will eventually run it in for a score, and lead another drive late in the half for a FG. The Texans struggle to get going offensively due to penalties. 

At the half, it's Colts 17 Texans 7. 

The 2nd half features big plays and moments for both teams. The Colts start out with a decent drive until a fumble by Downs gives the Texans the ball and some momentum. Stroud connects with a deep pass to Collins, followed by a Pierce touchdown run. Richardson makes plays with his legs and arm, and the Colts score with Henry. The Texans answer with a FG drive. 

Late in the 4th quarter it's Colts 24 Texans 17. A stalled drive by the Colts gives the Texans the ball with 5:00 left in the game. After several big conversions between Stroud and Pierce, the Texans punch it in to tie it with 1:47 left on the clock. Colts 24 Texans 24.

With a chance at his first game winning drive, Richardson makes several out of the pocket throws to connect with Downs, Ogletree and Woods. In the waning seconds of the game, Richardson throws to Pittman for yet another touchdown score. Colts win!

Colts 31 Texans 24

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

WEEK 2

COLTS @ TEXANS

RICHARDSON vs. STROUD

After a strange turn of events, leading to the Titans and Colts swapping their star running backs, the locker room was shocked but didn't have much time to process as it was time to fly to Houston for the 2nd divisional game on their schedule. 

Pittman Jr., who is also on a contract year, had this to say on the situation leading up to the game: "man we'll miss JT, but that's business. It is what it is and I hope for the best for him. That said, we've all got to do our part and be prepared for this game. I've got 5's back." 

The Houston crowd is loud and excited, filled with hope for their future QB. 

As the game begins, the two teams each exchange 3 and outs. Steichen elects to go for 3 straight passes, two of which are completed but not enough for a first down. On 3rd down the pass is incomplete to Pierce. 

With about 7 minutes into the 1st, the game finally starts to open up. Henry gets involved and makes a few long runs, and Richardson gets his first touchdown pass, a beautiful throw to Pittman Jr. 

Colts 7 Texans 0

Not to be outdone, Stroud also starts to open it up and begins to air it out. They are able to get into good field position but the drive stalls late. They punt deep into Colts territory. 

With the Colts backed into their own endzone, they use Henry heavily. They are able to get a first. Unfortunately the game's first mistake will happen a few plays later as Richardson makes an ill advised throw into coverage, leading to an interception. 

Wasting no time, the Texans use a mix of run and pass to get into the red zone. Stroud connects with Dell for a touchdown. 

At the end of the 1st quarter it's Colts 7 Texans 7. 

The 2nd quarter features heavy use of running for both teams. Henry shows his absolutely strength in getting tough yards, while Richardson use RPO to make a few runs as well. He will eventually run it in for a score, and lead another drive late in the half for a FG. The Texans struggle to get going offensively due to penalties. 

At the half, it's Colts 17 Texans 7. 

The 2nd half features big plays and moments for both teams. The Colts start out with a decent drive until a fumble by Downs gives the Texans the ball and some momentum. Stroud connects with a deep pass to Collins, followed by a Pierce touchdown run. Richardson makes plays with his legs and arm, and the Colts score with Henry. The Texans answer with a FG drive. 

Late in the 4th quarter it's Colts 24 Texans 17. A stalled drive by the Colts gives the Texans the ball with 5:00 left in the game. After several big conversions between Stroud and Pierce, the Texans punch it in to tie it with 1:47 left on the clock. Colts 24 Texans 24.

With a chance at his first game winning drive, Richardson makes several out of the pocket throws to connect with Downs, Ogletree and Woods. In the waning seconds of the game, Richardson throws to Pittman for yet another touchdown score. Colts win!

Colts 31 Texans 24

After this win the colts morale has improved greatly. AR and Derrick Henry connect well and will be practicing together more often. As the colts move into their bye week they wonder weather to think of plays or practice. Or maybe a little of both

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ForTheMinshew said:

After this win the colts morale has improved greatly. AR and Derrick Henry connect well and will be practicing together more often. As the colts move into their bye week they wonder weather to think of plays or practice. Or maybe a little of both

Bye week is much later amigo, we’re keeping to the same schedule as the real season. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ForTheMinshew said:

Hehe. Didnt see the week 2. Love you dad

As a teacher, I’ve gotta say your writing skills are better than most of the 9th graders I teach. Keep up the great work!

As for this thread, I’ll be happy to do the games if others want to chip in and do the weekly pressers and in between stuff. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As a teacher, I’ve gotta say your writing skills are better than most of the 9th graders I teach. Keep up the great work!

As for this thread, I’ll be happy to do the games if others want to chip in and do the weekly pressers and in between stuff. 

That sounds good. 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah that sounds good 😅

6 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Jags pull a Titans from last year and tank the rest of the season and lose most of there remaining games and colts win almost all there remaining games and win the division..

We can go with this, but it'd have to happen throughout the season. We can't just skip the season and go to the end. We are just in week 3.

Shaq Leonard steps up to the podium and talks to the media. "I'm deciding to change my name back to "Darius Leonard". Although I want to be called Shaq, many have said that the name change has ruined my performances on the field. It may be coincidence, but I'm willing to try anything to get back to the old player I was. It may be superstitious, but part of playing like your old self is being your old self. I am Darius Leonard, and I will play like the player I was drafted as, injuries or no injuries."