Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

last in afc south

OLD FAN MAN

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If someone in any profession that  has a record below 500, then how would u rate that person's performance? We do it all the time with players such as qbs and pitchers, to name a few, so why cat I do it with Ballard? U can say he is average, but I want him no where near the Colts 2024 picks.

Who should we hire? I would ask this to anyone that wants Ballard out. We would have to have a replacement. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I understand what u r saying. I think fans are just hoping that Richardson would continue to evolve into a superstar. The  NFL is a very humbling league.  I was not a Stroud fan and everyone is saying the Texans have found their guy. People need to pump the brakes, as it is a long season and tape gets out there. Stroud has surpassed what I thought he could be and I will admit that. Levi tore it up today, and people are all over it. Could he the best in the draft? Maybe as I had him as the Colts pick and he was my qb. That being said, when the Colts picked  Richardson, I was giddy on what could be.

I get hope.   But last I checked the offense is scoring points even with “bad” qb play 

I guess folks are saying that our record would be better now with ar because we would have scored 40 points each game or we would not have had the turnovers.  

sorry I don’t think he was at the point of his development where he would be the elixir for us losing games.  5 more games would not have changed that   Jmo.  

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

A head coach doesn’t pick the Gm. Have you lost it finally?

They don't, but if Irsay chooses to fire Ballard (I don't think he will after this year), the coach will definitely have a LOT of input, especially if Irsay thinks Shane is a good coach.  

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A buddy from Philly? Who, Rocky Balboa?

Who knows? Fins someone better.  Unless any of us are strongly tied to an NFL organization, we won't know who the best replacement should be.  That doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't wallow in mediocrity at best for 7 more years.  Just because there may not be a big name out there doesn't mean they won't be any good.  Either take a chance or be content with more mediocrity.  I think Ballard will get a pass after this year, but I do believe his days are numbered.  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

SS isn't picking his gm.  I'm not sure where you came up with that nonsense.   After some of his play calls  SS should be happy to have a job

Lol.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

SS isn't picking his gm.  I'm not sure where you came up with that nonsense.   After some of his play calls  SS should be happy to have a job

So now Steichen is a poor play caller? Every coach is going to call a bad play once on awhile.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think he’s taking about Bradley and a dc.  That’s what he’s been saying for weeks.   I think he just got confused with the current convo. 

No Moose thinks Ss will pick his  own gm.  

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol.

When has it ever happened?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he’s taking about Bradley and a dc.  That’s what he’s been saying for weeks.   I think he just got confused with the current convo. 

Nope. I think Bradley is done and I said that after last week. I think Steichen will have built enough street cred that Irsay will trust him to bring in a guy who he can work with. I think it will be a guy under Roseman. Just my prediction.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What GM did Shanahan hire?

Lynch

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Nope. I think Bradley is done and I said that after last week. I think Steichen will have built enough street cred that Irsay will trust him to bring in a guy who he can work with. I think it will be a guy under Roseman. Just my prediction.

Lynch

SS has a long way to go before he makes any decisions.  This pipe dream is yours alone.   Another of a long line of terrible predictions. 

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lynch

Ok. That makes some sense.   One of howies lieutenants could very well come over here as gm.  It won’t be sold as ss picking him though.  

I see your point. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nelson was overrated and wouldn't be re signed.

Leonard was overrated.  Then became a an all pro twice.

Steichen didn't want taylor..  

Basically all of your talking points 

Sure u can hammer me on those predictions but what u have actually listed are more my views than predictions. Is Nelson over rated and worth the money? I would still say yea when Ballard decided to extend him. Ballard should have e waited to extend him and wouldn't be paying 20 million as he was coming off a down year. Leonard was all pro, but I still maintain that I was over rated and  more of a scheme player. He was average in stopping the run and against the pass. Now they  are now talking bout Franklin being a top 3 line backer. Coincidence? Sure Steichen says he wanted Taylor back. I never believe what a coach says. What is he going to say? " It was Ballard's idea?" . How is the Taylor fontract looking now. We could have resigned Moss and let Taylor walk. Now , u can say I am wrong on my views but can u really say I am wrong when it comes to the contracts of Nelson, Leonard and Taylor? Oh and yes, I  said don't extend Leonard. I said the postion isn't that important to this D. I aid dangle  him out there and see what u can get for him. Linebackers in this system can be found later in the draft.  Plus I said he is going to get hurt as he is light and it will take a toll. So, yes critisize me on my reductions but  I  would have had this  team farther ahead than Ballard. I also wanted Simmons. My brother in law is a Titans fan. We watched that draft together and I was like, move up e

upBallard  he is  going to be gone. My brother in law laughed when Titans got him . I also wanted him to draft Sweat and not trade down. So sure, laugh at me, but my decisions would have put this org in a better state than Ballard. Oh and one more. I loved Landry coming out as I loved his bend. He was light but I thought he would  fit this defense perfectly. Once again, my brother  in law laughed at me. So u would have Sweat, Simmons and Landry. Then we would have resigned Nelson for far less if he would have waited. Could have gotten a good D or O  player for Leonard.  Bur what do I know??!??!?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

SS has a long way to go before he makes any decisions.  This pipe dream is yours alone.   Another of a long line of terrible predictions. 

The major reason why I think SS brings in the new guy. He got a 6 year deal, I believe.  Irsay knows that the next GM they bring in needs to get along with SS. There is no way Irsay brings in a guy that SS doesn't like. He doesn't want a mess like Pagano and Grigson. He tells SS to go out and get a guy he  can go to war with and I think he already has a guy in mind.

37 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sure Steichen says he wanted Taylor back. I never believe what a coach says. What is he going to say? " It was Ballard's idea?"

A normal person would never have thought that Steichen wanted JT (at that price).  But a normal person never would have thought that SS would be calling plays like Frank Reich.  I guess now we know why SS wanted JT.  LOL

/s.

Ballard and Lynch both became GM's of their teams in 2017. Everyone thinks Lynch walks on water, he has the same amount of SB wins that Ballard has = 0. That is the bottom-line. Lynch's downfall is the same as Ballard's, he doesn't have the QB to get it done. If anyone thinks Brock Purdy is going to hold up the Lombardi, I have swamp land in Mississippi I will sell you for a million dollars tomorrow. Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard and Lynch both became GM's of their teams in 2017. Everyone thinks Lynch walks on water, he has the same amount of SB wins that Ballard has = 0. That is the bottom-line. Lynch's downfall is the same as Ballard's, he doesn't have the QB to get it done. If anyone thinks Brock Purdy is going to hold up the Lombardi, I have swamp land in Mississippi I will sell you for a million dollars tomorrow. Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Water is starting to find its level with Purdy last three games. Deebo has been out injured but shouldn’t matter.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DougDew said:

A normal person would never have thought that Steichen wanted JT (at that price).  But a normal person never would have thought that SS would be calling plays like Frank Reich.  I guess now we know why SS wanted JT.  LOL

/s.

Yea. I don't get Taylor extension. Moss was doing well and since he has come back, it seems like rb by committee. U pay that 14 million for a back to split time? I still don't think he is a good pass catcher and Moss appeared to be on the field more in those situations.⁰

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Water is starting to find its level with Purdy last three games. Deebo has been out injured but shouldn’t matter.

Jimmy G took them to a SB in 2019 when Deebo was just a rookie, he was good but not great yet. His stats weren't even that great. No McCaffrey either. That season Jimmy G Completed 69% of his passes with 27 TD's and just 13 INT's. The 49ers were even beating the Chiefs by 10 points at one point. Then in 2021, Jimmy G came within 3 points of beating a loaded Rams team in the NFC Title Game. He has 2 wins over Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs as well. Lynch wanted to get cute and wanted someone with a stronger arm, so they traded all these draft picks for Lance and now they just wanted to roll with Purdy. To me that is more mindboggling than many of things that Ballard has done. He tried to fix something that wasn't broken at the most important position and lost high draft picks in doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yea. I don't get Taylor extension. Moss was doing well and since he has come back, it seems like rb by committee. U pay that 14 million for a back to split time? I still don't think he is a good pass catcher and Moss appeared to be on the field more in those situations.⁰

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The major reason why I think SS brings in the new guy. He got a 6 year deal, I believe.  Irsay knows that the next GM they bring in needs to get along with SS. There is no way Irsay brings in a guy that SS doesn't like. He doesn't want a mess like Pagano and Grigson. He tells SS to go out and get a guy he  can go to war with and I think he already has a guy in mind.

I agree irsay does not like going backwards and losing. he has seen the things you are talking about and how ballard missed on elite talent. irsay does like shane and i believe irsay will listen to the coach about the type of gm that it takes to fill the roster with talent that it takes to win and break out of ballards method that is taking us downhill