Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

Sometimes you win some of these close games and sometimes you lose. We won a game similar to this in Game 3 vs NY when Nembhard hit that 35 foot game winner. That saved our season because NY could have went up 3-0 had that not gone in. Take the good with the bad and move on.

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I tuned in at the perfect time. Saw pacers up 3 with the ball. 

Watched the turnover, and Jalen Brown hit the 3. I turned it right off and went to bed.

Terrible way to lose. 

I am sort of sick to my stomach, it's the way we lost is why, but don't feel that bad about this. We know we can hang with them now. I think it is because nobody had us even going this far. Also this is only Game 1, had we lost a Game 7 like this, I would've been furious, puking sick, because had we lost like that to end the season, that would have been awful. We still have a lot of ball left. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am sort of sick to my stomach, it's the way we lost is why, but don't feel that bad about this. We know we can hang with them now. I think it is because nobody had us even going this far. Also this is only Game 1, had we lost a Game 7 like this, I would've been furious, puking sick, because had we lost like that to end the season, that would have been awful. We still have a lot of ball left. 

wasn't even a good shot by brown he just threw it up looking for the foul

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

wasn't even a good shot by brown he just threw it up looking for the foul

Throwing the ball away on the inbounds pass was just as bad. Had we got Game 1, our chances of winning the series would have been a lot better but if we get  Game 2, this will be forgotten. I figured the best we could do is a split anyway going home.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Throwing the ball away on the inbounds pass was just as bad. Had we got Game 1, our chances of winning the series would have been a lot better but if we get  Game 2, this will be forgotten. I figured the best we could do is a split anyway going home.

I hope they can battle back and pull out a win in game 2. Boston is really good and that may have been our best chance to turn the series. I do expect a correction in officiating for the next game. Not blaming the refs bc the Pacers had the win and choked it away. Still, 3 free throws in regulation?!?!  No team is that disciplined 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I hope they can battle back and pull out a win in game 2. Boston is really good and that may have been our best chance to turn the series. I do expect a correction in officiating for the next game. Not blaming the refs bc the Pacers had the win and choked it away. Still, 3 free throws in regulation?!?!  No team is that disciplined 

The Pacers lost to the Knicks in Game 1 was just as bad and we bounced back. I think we win Game 2.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Pacers lost to the Knicks in Game 1 was just as bad and we bounced back. I think we win Game 2.

Of course it’s possible. I still believe the Celtics are the best team in the league. They are beatable but missing opportunities like last night makes it much harder. Excited for the rest of the series. 

That one hurt. Another late game sequence of silliness results in another L. From the ridiculous inbound pass to Siakam running a slant back towards the corner (why in the # would you throw that pass with a timeout to burn? If the ball reflects off his hands where’s it going? Exactly where it ended up! Don’t throw that * pass. Put just the smallest bit of effort into handling the ball securely late in a game like that. Why do we make so many silly fundamental mistakes like this? 😑) to, once again, them refusing to foul late in a game to benefit ourselves. 

We proved we can hang with them, but we haven’t been good at stringing multiple good games together this season, and especially in the playoffs. Need to bring that effort again tomorrow. 

Haliburton got 3rd team All NBA.

Will get a jump in salary from 25% to 30% about $7m more.($42m this season)

Going to be interesting to see how we work within cap parameters and construct the team 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Of course it’s possible. I still believe the Celtics are the best team in the league. They are beatable but missing opportunities like last night makes it much harder. Excited for the rest of the series. 

Yeah, if we lose this series in 7, this would be the game to look back on. We did give it away, it hurts. Just made 2 mistakes in the last 10 seconds and to their credit, Brown made a tough 3 out of the corner. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I think we will be looking back at that game as one we needed to win.  Bummer loss.

You may be right on this one. That was tough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

That one hurt. Another late game sequence of silliness results in another L. From the ridiculous inbound pass to Siakam running a slant back towards the corner (why in the # would you throw that pass with a timeout to burn? If the ball reflects off his hands where’s it going? Exactly where it ended up! Don’t throw that * pass. Put just the smallest bit of effort into handling the ball securely late in a game like that. Why do we make so many silly fundamental mistakes like this? 😑) to, once again, them refusing to foul late in a game to benefit ourselves. 

We proved we can hang with them, but we haven’t been good at stringing multiple good games together this season, and especially in the playoffs. Need to bring that effort again tomorrow. 

We did beat the Knicks 4 out of 5. So we have shown signs of playing consistent but Boston is better than the Knicks. Game 2 can't get here quick enough. We have a young team and as a group have never been this far. Silly mistakes are going to happen. This is Tatum and Brown's 6th time together in the Final 4. That experience helps + having a guy like Horford who is 100 years old, has seen it all really helps them.

First Pacers game I have watched from beginning to end in at least 10 years.  I felt like they were exciting to watch.  They do get sloppy sometimes.   They move the ball well, lots of passing.

Boy they really let this one slip away.  As the coach defend against the inbound for a 3 pt shot and immediately foul.  Still hard to pull off, but you can't let them have that 3 pointer.

I still struggle to watch the NBA.  Traveling,  carrying,  pushing and shoving,  phantom foul calls.  Just weird to me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gspdx said:

First Pacers game I have watched from beginning to end in at least 10 years.  I felt like they were exciting to watch.  They do get sloppy sometimes.   They move the ball well, lots of passing.

Boy they really let this one slip away.  As the coach defend against the inbound for a 3 pt shot and immediately foul.  Still hard to pull off, but you can't let them have that 3 pointer.

I still struggle to watch the NBA.  Traveling,  carrying,  pushing and shoving,  phantom foul calls.  Just weird to me.

This Pacers team is very exciting, they play team ball, have beautiful ball movement, and good athletes that can shoot the 3. Haliburton is young and so are others on the team, so they are going to make mistakes. They made 2 crucial one's the other night that cost them the game. They deserve to be in the Final 4, once you watch them play. You come away with, that is a damn good team.

• Like 1

Its too bad our games air on a network so biased against us.  ESPN is a bunch of Knicks fans.

Its not just about small market teams not pulling the numbers, they are straight up Knicks fans and dont like the Pacers.  Yet that is where are games are at.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Its too bad our games air on a network so biased against us.  ESPN is a bunch of Knicks fans.

Its not just about small market teams not pulling the numbers, they are straight up Knicks fans and dont like the Pacers.  Yet that is where are games are at.

Yeah, and it is obvious, but we eliminated the Knicks, so we still have made them suffer at least. Stephen A. even made a comment at halftime, saying can you please give Brown some more help so the Celtics win this thing. Doris Burke is flat out awful and so 1 sided, don't even get me started there. We had the lead down to 4 after trailing by 16 and then Haliburton got injured. We looked totally lost without him in the game, our ball movement was awful, and we were turning it over a lot after he left. 

All in all, we did beat the Knicks, we made the Final 4 so the haters can still suck it no matter how this ends. The Pacers are way ahead of schedule with this core team, nobody had us making the Final 4, I MEAN NOBODY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS STARTED and we even gave Game 1 away to Boston

We ruined Stephen A., Molly, Big Perk, and Doris whole summer by beating the Knicks so I am good. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Homer says being the 4th best team out of 30 is damn great and I agree with my fat friend with his 3 strands of hair lol.

• Like 2

The Celtics are outplaying the Pacers, so unless the Pacers get their act together, the series is lost. Down 2-0 is not easy to overcome. The Pacers can do it, as shown when they played the Knicks, but I won't be putting much money on them. 

I'm hoping the Pacers can at least win some more games. I don't want to think about the Celtics sweeping the series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

The Celtics are outplaying the Pacers, so unless the Pacers get their act together, the series is lost. Down 2-0 is not easy to overcome. The Pacers can do it, as shown when they played the Knicks, but I won't be putting much money on them. 

I'm hoping the Pacers can at least win some more games. I don't want to think about the Celtics sweeping the series. 

Read my most recent post above, Haliburton will probably be out, that means we may get swept. With him healthy, I think we would at least take this team 6. It's unfortunate but next man up. We did give away Game 1 and we are unbeatable at home so who knows?

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

what is Myles Turner's job?!

Rim Protector and Floor Spreader. On defense he is good at blocking shots - making things difficult for opposing offenses, on offense he can spread the floor by hitting 3s. Problem with him last night, he got in early foul trouble, and it messed his rhythm up. Hence the defense being swiss cheese.

• Like 2

Some people may be against this, but I would love to see Paul George back as a Pacer. I think if he was on this roster this team could win it all. They have the ingredients now to go deep as proven but lack that other defensive stopper and a guy that has great experience in playoff games that can score in bundles when he's hot.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rim Protector and Floor Spreader. On defense he is good at blocking shots - making things difficult for opposing offenses, on offense he can spread the floor by hitting 3s. Problem with him last night, he got in early foul trouble, and it messed his rhythm up. Hence the defense being swiss cheese.

Goodness. Just watching Jalen Brown coast right through the paint was so upsetting 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Goodness. Just watching Jalen Brown coast right through the paint was so upsetting 

Turner was afraid he was going to commit a 4th foul, so he couldn't be aggressive. He had 2 fouls within the 1st 4 minutes of the game. Questionable fouls.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Turner was afraid he was going to commit a 4th foul, so he couldn't be aggressive. He had 2 fouls within the 1st 4 minutes of the game. Questionable fouls.

Yes he did but late in 3rd and 4th he only had 3 fouls and should have gotten aggressive again. He got timid early and played that way the rest of the game.

I believe NBA players get 6 fouls not 5 like college. 

Pacers shouldn't let Brown and the mediocre White beat them.  Force Tatum to do it.

Tatum was relatively quiet

• Like 1

If Tyrese Haliburton misses game 3, other players will have to step up for the Pacers.  Can they do it? Even if Haliburton ends up playing he won't be 100%. 

Since it's on ABC, I'll be watching. Not putting money on this. Rooting for the Pacers to get a win despite the odds against them. 

56 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

Yes he did but late in 3rd and 4th he only had 3 fouls and should have gotten aggressive again. He got timid early and played that way the rest of the game.

I believe NBA players get 6 fouls not 5 like college. 

He had 8pts in the 3rd and cut the lead to 6pts with the last 3ptr he hit. He didn't even play in the 4th quarter. 

Everyone just looking at the Brown uncontested layup in the 2nd and making it more than what it was. Turner didn't want to pick up his 3rd foul only being back in for 2 minutes of game action at that point. Ended up picking it up 4 minutes later, still. I would've been more upset with him picking up his 3rd foul there. I would of been saying "you have to be smarter than that, it's just 2pts". Being on the floor is more important than those 2pts.

Turns out he was smarter than that, because it wasn't worth risking the foul there. Was the right move to not risk it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Thats a huge blow. I also see he’s most likely going to miss Monday… 

Hopefully home court can carry us through for a couple games.

We can grind a couple out, he's probably out longer than that.

Even if we happen to win the series, we might not see him till next season.

• Like 1

Difference in the game was, they made 16 3s to our 5. That is a 48-15 advantage. It's miracle we only lost by 3 with that crazy stat + Haliburton was out. Pacers could be up 2-1 in this series but shoulda woulda coulda as some say. This has been a very good season regardless, and other than Game 2, Pacers have played Boston tough. We at least made the Final 4 and beat NY in the Semi's so those are very bright points.

• Like 2