Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

That was me being cordial, maybe try not being so sensitive? You called him lazy, many of us disagreed and showed you proof. 

Not sensitive, just objective and open minded. He's looks lazy and soft to me sometimes. He has his good moments, for sure, but not enough to warrant 20-25 mil a year.  Nope

Yes, some bad calls but that happens in every game in the NFL, can't blame the refs. My question is why were we so conservative late in the game eager to run some time off the clock, punt to the Browns then play prevent defense while we watch the Browns move the ball down the field and beat us. I can't count how many games I've watched in my life where that formula is a sure fire formula for failure. Oh, BTW we have won 7 games with that "great" defense I keep hearing about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ah gotcha.  Still I agree with you rather he was seen that way or not I wouldn’t expect any coach to throw his players under the bus.

Steichen could of just a quick thing and left it at that.  He goes on saying it was a mistake and Grover has great character. He went out of his way to praise him and they will stand by him.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yea,  Ballard hired Steichen. My point is this. I think at the end of the season this will happen. Irsay will see that the success of this team is directly related to Steichen's ability as a coach. The failures of this team will be because of the lack of talent on this roster drafted by Ballard . Not hard to comprehend. I actually think Steichen is a type A and won't let inferior players and/ front office personnel stand in his way. By the end of the season, Steichen will have more influence than Ballard, and I believe that will cause some tension. Irsay will choose Steichen and Steichen will bring his own guy.  U can love or hate Ballard, but u cannot argue with his overall record and his inability to draft game changing players after 8 years.

Really?    I don’t have to defend Chris Ballard and his record.   Because Jim Irsay does it for me.   

Irsay fired Ryan Grigson with a 5-year record of 49-31 and who still had 3-years left in his contract.   Yet, Irsay has kept Ballard who currently has a record of 48-55-1.   I think it’s obvious that Irsay doesn’t hold 2027 against Ballard.  He didn’t have his HC of choice, his coordinators, or his front office set-up and he didn’t have his franchise quarterback as well.   And I doubt Irsay holds 2022 against Ballard.  The person who I think is most responsible for the terrible season is Irsay himself.  The Saturday hire was a disaster.   Remember, in Sept of 22, Irsay called Ballard the best GM in football.    So I don’t have to make the case,  Irsay makes it. 

I think your posts simply reflects your intense dislike for Ballard.   That’s your choice.   

Im going to stop this here.   I have more to discuss with you, but I’ll save it for another post. 

1 minute ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

Yes, some bad calls but that happens in every game in the NFL, can't blame the refs. My question is why were we so conservative late in the game eager to run some time off the clock, punt to the Browns then play prevent defense while we watch the Browns move the ball down the field and beat us. I can't count how many games I've watched in my life where that formula is a sure fire formula for failure. Oh, BTW we have won 7 games with that "great" defense I keep hearing about. 

100%. The colts last offensive drive did not have good play calling. Steichen played to punt instead of trying to win. 

• Like 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I was talking about a time scale that goes back farther than last year.....A lot farther. LoL

I don’t think this team is falling apart after a turnover like last year and in the past. But the GM and coach has got to figure out why we can’t be better and more mentally tough for that to not happen in the first place.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?    I don’t have to defend Chris Ballard and his record.   Because Jim Irsay does it for me.   

Irsay fired Ryan Grigson with a 5-year record of 49-31 and who still had 3-years left in his contract.   Yet, Irsay has kept Ballard who currently has a record of 48-55-1.   I think it’s obvious that Irsay doesn’t hold 2027 against Ballard.  He didn’t have his HC of choice, his coordinators, or his front office set-up and he didn’t have his franchise quarterback as well.   And I doubt Irsay holds 2022 against Ballard.  The person who I think is most responsible for the terrible season is Irsay himself.  The Saturday hire was a disaster.   Remember, in Sept of 22, Irsay called Ballard the best GM in football.    So I don’t have to make the case,  Irsay makes it. 

I think your posts simply reflects your intense dislike for Ballard.   That’s your choice.   

Im going to stop this here.   I have more to discuss with you, but I’ll save it for another post. 

I think it’s pretty clear Irsay is more forgiving of Ballard because of Luck retiring unexpectedly than some fans are.  I’ve always felt Irsay decided to hit the reset button last year and decided to give Ballard another chance.  Agree, disagree great subject for message boards but really means nothing because only Irsay’s opinion matters and it’s pretty clear where he stands on the subject because he didn’t fire Ballard.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen could have just a quick thing and left it at that.  He goes on saying it was a mistake and Grover has great character. He went out of his way to praise him and they will stand by him.

Because Grover is a beloved teammate and probably one of the leaders on the team.  Everyone has praised him after this situation. I don’t think that means he’s gonna get the same contract he would’ve gotten had he balled out the rest of the year without being suspended for PED use.  As someone else stated, he better come back post suspension and tear things up if he wants his best possible contract. 

A few weeks ago, we were having a discussion of guys like Puca Nacoa and Cooper Kupp.   And you tossed out this thought….   That maybe Kupp isn’t all that good.  Maybe he’s just a product of Sean McVay’s system.    Interesting.  

I’ve been looking for the right place to respond….  Perhaps this is it.   If, as you suggest, Kupp isn’t all that and is only a product of the system, then why did the Rams make him knew of the top-5 WRs in the NFL?   Why didn’t they trade him away and recoup draft picks that they need.  Re-signing him makes no sense if he’s just a product of the system.   In a nutshell, the Rams have responded to your viewpoint and put their money where their mouth is.  The Rams completely disagree with you.   They think Kupp is the real deal.  

Perhaps you’ll re-think this… 

Colts need to win next 3 games if they at least want yo stay in playoff contention.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Because Grover is a beloved teammate and probably one of the leaders on the team.  Everyone has praised him after this situation. I don’t think that means he’s gonna get the same contract he would’ve gotten had he balled out the rest of the year without being suspended for PED use.  As someone else stated, he better come back post suspension and tear things up if he wants his best possible contract. 

You missed the point but oh well 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think this team is falling apart after a turnover like last year and in the past. But the GM and coach has got to figure out why we can’t be better and more mentally tough for that to not happen in the first place.

So far the GM and coaches haven't figured that out for the better part of the last nine years..... Plus the two decades prior to Peyton, Polian, and Dungy coming to Indy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did you see his presser and what he said. Grov has been here a long time. Colts know his character. If this had been someone only here a short time it might be different.

Has it been reported what the actual infraction was?  All I have heard was that it was an accidental situation.  Details?

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Has it been reported what the actual infraction was?  All I have heard was that it was an accidental situation.  Details?

No clue if this is related but I saw a story last week saying the NFL told players to avoid a certain meat from Mexico I think because it contained illegal substances.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts need to win next 3 games if they at least want yo stay in playoff contention.

You missed the point but oh well 

I didn’t miss it. I just disagree with your point. You think Steichen praising Grove means he’s forgiven and will get the maximum contract that he’s earned from his previous play irregardless of his suspension.  

I think the praise is just the team rallying around a beloved team member & leader but it guarantees nothing when it comes to his next contract. And I think this situation will affect the contract negotiations. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No clue if this is related but I saw a story last week saying the NFL told players to avoid a certain meat from Mexico I think because it contained illegal substances.

The top boxer Canelo tested positive “allegedly” because of tainted Mexican beef a few years ago.  We all know Grove loves to cook lol.  But I’m still skeptical. 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I didn’t miss it. I just disagree with your point. You think Steichen praising Grove means he’s forgiven and will get the maximum contract that he’s earned from his previous play irregardless of his suspension.  

I think the praise is just the team rallying around a beloved team member & leader but it guarantees nothing when it comes to his next contract. And I think this situation will affect the contract negotiations. 

No I was trying to make the point Grover had Bern here long enough and built up good will and because of that it won’t hurt his next contract.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nate Atkins justifying those bad lensjrues at the end of the game trashing baker for the penalties. He has to be one of the worst colts reporters I have ever seen. Baker did nothing wrong.

I don’t know if you can say Baker did nothing wrong, especially the second one he completely grabbed him, you can just argue should it have been called because was the ball catchable?

Just now, Smoke317 said:

The top boxer Canelo tested positive “allegedly” because of tainted Mexican beef a few years ago.  We all know Grove loves to cook lol.  But I’m still skeptical. 

Yeah I have no clue if that’s what he even got hit for.

No I was trying to make the point Grover had Bern here long enough and built up good will and because of that it won’t hurt his next contract.

We’ll see.  Maybe it’ll just be incentive laden to cover for another potential suspension. Feels like Grove maybe was juicing up in a contract year to ensure he secured the bag…. :dunno:

It was uncatchable  though so no penalty. He is just flat out wrong on the podcast tonight.

Right, agree, still Baker grabbed him which he can’t do.  If he didn’t panic and grab him there would have been no flag.  So Baker still did something wrong.  The officials were still wrong too though.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lol. U give me all the reasons for not firing him,  which of course nothing is his fault, but don't give me any valid reasons for keeping him. U can go on and on with excuses but give me a list of the talent that he has acquired after 8 years that will make me blush. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you put too much stock in what Irsay says and does......just saying. 

• Like 2

If you watch the replay, Baker basically grabbed his arm twice.  The 2nd grab essentially forced the refs hand.  The 2nd grab would’ve made Rock Ya Sin jealous. Just poor play by Baker.  The first call was weak and the more egregious call.  Receiver ran into him and he didn’t even impede his progress.  That 2nd one though, WTH was Baker thinking. Just let him go and run with him.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Absolutely agree! Ballard drafts quantity over quality. It irritates me that he trades down on potential difference makers versus just guys. 

One other point on today’s game. If they have such a good roster as some on here believe, how do they lose at home against P J Walker? 

Because Luck retired lol

Just now, Smoke317 said:

If you watch the replay, Baker basically grabbed his arm twice.  The 2nd grab essentially forced the refs hand.  The 2nd grab would’ve made Rock Ya Sin jealous. Just poor play by Baker.  The first call was weak and the more egregious call.  Receiver ran into him and he didn’t even impede his progress.  That 2nd one though, WTH was Baker thinking. Just let him go and run with him.  

Walker airmailed it. Yes he shouldn’t of grabbed him but that ball was not catchable. It wouldn’t of been catchable even without the grabs.

Walker airmailed it. Yes he shouldn’t have grabbed him but that ball was not catchable. It wouldn’t have been catchable even without the grabs.

Yeah but you can’t grab and then adjust your grip and grab again.