Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have a bad feeling someone will move up to * Fleener...

Rams are going to want more picks so someone is going to trade up to get Fleener and ruin the whole thing for us. Why not pick up someone who already has great chemistry with Luck, right?

One thing we need is a big threat of someone who Luck can throw to without any problem. He has the stature and power to be very good. Patriots have Wes Welker and Gronkowski for example. Who do we have?

Rams are going to want more picks so someone is going to trade up to get Fleener and ruin the whole thing for us.

Then we've still got strong, strong first round talent to choose from.

We're really in great shape, even if you're hoping only for Fleener.

There are a bunch of players that would be a good fit. I will take any one of them. I would like Fleener, but if it's Jenkins, or Hill or someone else, well that is OK too.

I like Jenkins but he has a history of problems with law enforcement. Fighting and resisting arrest as well as marijuana possession. Colts arent really known for picking up those players...

No, I don't see it happening. Analysts have made great points on this -- the Rams have traded down enough as it is and you know Bradford is sitting in his living room thinking, "Arent you guys going to give me any help on offense!?!" There are a wealth of tackles, guards, and WR's open, but expect them to go off the board quick and early. If the Rams knows whats good for them, they'll pick now.

Jim Harbaugh passed up on him.... Next!!!

Jim Harbaugh likes TE's and he came to the 49'ers via Stanford, so it looked like a match made in heaven, but my concern is with Alex Smith feeling dissed by the Manning ordeal and the 49'ers already having one of the best TE's in the game in Vernon Davis along with a slew of WR playmakers in Crabtree and Moss, do the 49'ers really need more receiving talent?...

This isn't a knock on Fleener. I just think the 49'ers are loaded at TE. They did take a WR, so I guess they felt compelled to have even more receiving talent after all, but I don't think that's a knock on Fleener in any way.

Jim Harbaugh passed up on him.... Next!!!

It's very possible that Harbaugh and the Niners didn't see tight end as a position of need. It doesn't necessarily have to do with with Harbaugh not wanting Fleener. I highly doubt that he wouldn't want Fleener.

Hopefully the Rams take Fleener or trade with someone who will so some people around here will actually be open to other options ... there are much better players on the board for us than Fleener ... I would even rather we trade back than take Fleener here.

If someone could promise me that Fleener is going to be as good as Gronkowski, I'd be dreaming of him falling to us, but that's not whats being said about him at all. Elevating his draft position simply because he happens to have played with Luck makes no sense what-so-ever. Luck will quickly develop chemistry with whatever receivers he works with. His relationship with Fleener might help a little in the first year, but who the heck cares about that? I'd almost prefer that the team is horrible again this year. It's long-term that matters, and long-term we need the best player available. There are a lot of holes to fill.