Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

IDK Pittman was talked a up a lot by Steichen after he was hired. Seems he knows his reputation.

It would be done already.

I'm still not even sure about Pittman's fit.

Ok. I was supporting JT, but asking for a trade is beyond stupid. No one is gonna give the colts the proper value for a player of Taylor's caliber. Not to mention with how little teams care about RB's value, do you see anyone trading for Taylor? He's under contract and most likely getting tagged. Don't make a situation even worse by going down this road. His agent is clearly giving him bad advice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

It would be done already.

I'm still not even sure about Pittman's fit.

I actually think it’s a good fit. Richardson is going to create a lot of open space for WR and Pitt  is really tough running after the catch. I think both him and pierce are nice fits.

They need to check for some tampering by his agent after all those liked tweets.

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

This is an interesting moment for Chris Ballard. After a career of mediocrity (45-52-1), he’s been given a second chance and a clean slate of sorts with a new coach and a rookie QB with promise. I hope CB can reflect and see that he has invested heavily in the wrong positions in the past and change his approach. Caving to JT now, when he’s coming off an injury and entering a new system and still has a year left on his contract, would be a continuation of bad business by CB. I’ll be disappointed if CB overpays at the RB position when the rest of the league realizes it’s the wrong place to put your money. 

His Boss on Thursday committed to Not giving JT a new contract.

This is Steichen driven. He explained to Irsay and Ballard how and why his offense will work with AR. The OL is more important than Any RB.

Through FA, preferably the draft, expect next off season for any perceived OL deficiency to be addressed.

JT would make a fine Commander.

• Like 2

Lol. Irsay 

3 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Pittman and AR will be a good fit. You have a guy with AR's arm strength you want big WRs with strong hands that can catch rockets on the cross. I think our WRs/TEs actually compliment AR incredibly well. 

Plus pittmans toughness after the catch. With the wide open passing  lanes AR will create.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ok. I was supporting JT, but asking for a trade is beyond stupid. No one is gonna give the colts the proper value for a player of Taylor's caliber. Not to mention with how little teams care about RB's value, do you see anyone trading for Taylor? He's under contract and most likely getting tagged. Don't make a situation even worse by going down this road. His agent is clearly giving him bad advice.

Yeah one of these teams will make a good offer.

Bills

Chiefs

Dolphins

And more

Got to remember, he will only cost the new team $4.3m this year, so that is a bargain.

Just now, w87r said:

Yeah one of these teams will make a good offer.

Bills

Chiefs

Dolphins

And more

Got to remember, he will only cost the new team $4.3m this year, so that is a bargain.

He's gonna want a new contract.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hull might fit Shane’s system better as a catching running back.

Didn't your scout just say the RB would be used as a decoy and not go out as much for routes?

Hull is nice though.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Can only be good.

Man to man, no outside negative influence.

Guess it could be bad.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah but there was also something I read the other day about a pass catching running back in Shane’s system. I will see if I can find it.

I think Hull will be fine, I just thought it was funny your scout guy just said the opposite.

never thought we would avoid paying JT. Why does it matter if we slightly overpay him, we have a rookie QB

Just now, iuswingman said:

Wonder what he will do when he realizes no one will give him the contract he wants.

He is on his rookie contract.  Teams would be dumb to renegotiate that before he finishes it

its not uncommon for top tier players to want an extension before their rookie deal expires, happens often, not in just the RB market

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol. Irsay 

What is Irsay's quote here supposed to mean? That Taylor and everyone else on the Colts, including him don't really matter? How is that helpful in dealing with Taylor and other players? Why can't he just keep quiet and let his GM manage personnel?

• Like 1

This is all too funny. Demanding a trade while you are still on your rookie contract is ridiculous. I said it before, but I am all for players doing what they need to do to get paid (still would never pay a RB big money), but it has to be AFTER you play out your rookie contract.

27 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cook is  a better overall rb than Taylor; he just wants to go to a contender and that is not the Colts. People are forgetting that the Colts have to do nothing. He is under contract for this year and franchise him next unless they need it for another player. In reviewing the roster, there does not appear to be another player that they will be forced to use the tag on next year. 

Cook is not a better RB than Taylor.   So says the NFL.    In the recent rankings by executives,  Taylor was 6th (coming off his worst year) and Cook was 8th.   Plus Cook is 3 years older which is important.   

And a player the Colts might have to tag next year is Michael Pittman jr.   He’s in the same boat as Taylor.   Just handling his business better.