Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 5 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

Are you enjoying the NFL season so far? (Please write your thoughts in the comments section.)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the NFL season so far? (Please write your thoughts in the comments section.)

• Yes
    • No

The NFL season is going too fast, it seems. It is already week 5!

Thursday Night Football: 8:15pm ET

Chicago Bears @ Washington Commanders

We have another game in Europe on Sunday, 9:30 am ET

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills

Sunday Early games (1:00 pm ET)

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Carolina Panthers @ Detroit Lions

Houston Texans @ Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints @ New England Patriots

New York Giants @ Miami Dolphins

Tennessee Titans @ Indianapolis Colts

Late games ( 4:05 or 4:25 PM ET

Cincinnati Bengals @ Arizona Cardinals

Philadelphia Eagles @ Los Angeles Rams

Kansas City Chiefs @ Minnesota Vikings

New York Jets @ Denver Broncos

Sunday Night Football 8:20pm ET Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

Monday Night Football 8:15 PM ET 

Green Bay Packers @ Las Vegas Raiders

What games will you be watching? Any thoughts on the games/matchups? (Do the Vikings have a chance to win. haha)

Enjoy the football week.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

With the exception of the obvious paid off refs in KC, the season has been fun to watch across the board. Even the bad afc south is standing toe to toe with their counterparts. 

HUGE GAME sunday

6 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

I like the season so far! Lots of good and surprising football! 

Did you vote in the poll?

RIP Dick Butkus. The guy is one of the best football players of all-time. When I think of MLB's I think of Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis, and Mike Singletary. Dick paved the way for those guys. Huge loss, I met him while in Chicago when I went to the 2004 Colts game at Soldier field. I went with a friend of mine who is a huge Bears fan. The guy was a monster on the field but a Teddy Bear in person. SAD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Why did they think it's okay to go with Howell...

Same with Falcons and Ridder..

Why don't anybody give us Vikings a King's ransom and take Cousins instead...!!

Well, Kirk won't go back to Washington :lol:

Those 2 QB's couldn't carry Kirk's jock strap but I get your point. Vikings fans in general, should hope the Vikings just draft a QB if you guys want Captain gone so bad.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Those 2 QB's couldn't carry Kirk's jock strap but I get your point. Vikings fans in general, should hope the Vikings just draft a QB if you guys want Captain gone so bad.

Yeah, Kirk is miles apart from them.

Looks like many teams are waiting for next year's QB class..

Gonna be an interesting first round next off-season 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Justin Fields just got the heat off of him at least for 1 week. Bears with a blowout win.

Fields has the problem of speaking his mind, he needs to learn to not let out all his thoughts... in public, and to share his views subtly without coming across as blaming others. He could work with coaches or wait for coaching change or he becomes free agent if he doesn't like the way system is designed around him. 

He ended the season well last year, and he's not all that running this year, so maybe he'll find some ways to be consistent passer as this game. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I’ve not seen any polls in a while

I wonder why. You do not see the poll immediately above the opening post here???

I thought perhaps it was an issue with your settings but I looked at all possible settings but I do not see an option to disable or enable polls. It is strange that you don't see it. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder why. You do not see the poll immediately above the opening post here???

I thought perhaps it was an issue with your settings but I looked at all possible settings but I do not see an option to disable or enable polls. It is strange that you don't see it. 

I’ll try a different browser, it may be on my end 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strange, it is a poll regarding whether or not = are you enjoy the season so far? It is at the top of the thread. 

I thought the poll would've ended the time game started on Thursday and I tried clicking random option thinking it wouldn't work but the poll was open... I'm probably one of those who clicked NO in the poll now :goodluck:

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I thought the poll would've ended the time game started on Thursday and I tried clicking random option thinking it wouldn't work but the poll was open... I'm probably one of those who clicked NO in the poll now :goodluck:

I did not put an end date, as the response is not affected by whatever happens in the games. I put an end times in the polls in the Colts Game Day threads because once the game starts, what happens may affect how one answered the questions. This poll just asked if folks are happy with NFL football this year.

• Thanks 1

Doug Pederson turned into Frank Reich, neglecting to take an easy field goal that would've had the Jags going into the locker room up by 7 - instead, he goes for the touchdown and Lawrence is sacked, the ball knocked out of his hand (Bills recover) and he's tossed down by his throwing arm!

• Like 1