Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Junior Watch

On 10/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, stitches said:

What a game by MHJ. I don't think we will have a chance to draft him. Even if we wanted to trade up for him, I don't think anyone would be trading out of that pick. 

You never know though. You never know how teams will actually draft until the day comes. Who thought Nakobe Dean would a third round pick? Or that Will Levis would be a 2nd round pick.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You never know though. You never know how teams will actually draft until the day comes. Who thought Nakobe Dean would a third round pick? Or that Will Levis would be a 2nd round pick.

There were legitimate reasons for both of them to fall. Unless he has some serious hidden red flags I don't think he falls. None of them were the level of prospect that MHJ is. 

4 hours ago, stitches said:

There were legitimate reasons for both of them to fall. Unless he has some serious hidden red flags I don't think he falls. None of them were the level of prospect that MHJ is. 

When we’re talking about MHJ falling, I’m not talking like bottom of the first. I’m talking top 15 still but maybe like 5-9, which depending on how things go for us, could be where we end up picking.

The Broncos, Bears, Raiders, Pats, and Vikings all need QBs. Guys like Olu, Joe Alt, and Latu are also players who are in the same tier as MHJ and could get selected earlier. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 12:30 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth, MHJ is the highest graded WR since Calvin Johnson and perhaps Randy Moss before that.   But he’s not as great as either. 

Every reputable draft site projects him to be picked between 2-5.     For comparison, Olave went 8 to the Jets, and Chase went 5/6 to the Bengals.   MHJ is said to be better than both.  

isn't Olave with the Saints?

On 10/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, John Hammonds said:

Given how we're playing, I'm pretty convinced we're not going to be in the running for MHJ.

I've been taking a good hard look at Malik Nabers.  Modestly sized at 6-0, 199#.  Plays hard, and not afraid to get rough.  Very athletic, and is a natural at getting open.  Very productive in LSU's offense.  Still needs to learn to fill out his route tree.  Was arrested in February for illegal possession of a weapon, but was not charged with anything.  So far this year, being the the primary (sole) receiver at LSU, he's got the combined stats of both Ohio State WR's.

Re: the the weapons charges,  are we talking MHJ or a different guy....lol.     j/k

On 10/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Right now as of today, WalterFootball top 5's mock is:

1. Caleb Williams QB (Bears)

2. Marvin Harrison WR (Cards)

3. Laiatu Luta DE (Bears)

4. Drake Maye QB (Broncos)

5. Keon Clark WR (Giants)

They have Harrison going 2nd.

FWIW, WF has the Colts picking 13 and taking Brock Bowers, TE, UGA.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, a lot can change from now until the end of the season as you know. Assuming where everyone picks. Bowers is a great TE. I prefer a game changing WR or a shutdown Corner. How about you? Lets say we pick 17th as a guess? 

I think the Colts need some sort of elite playmaker in the passing game...offense or defense.  It seems that Harrison is an elite WR, and Bowers is an elite Move TE (these guys are college players, so there is risk of course).  It seems Harrison would be gone by our pick, so I think he's starting to leave our conversation room, frankly.  As far as Bowers, I would not pass on Bowers thinking that Woods, Tree, Granson, Mallory will develop.  Besides, we need 4 TEs anyway...they can compete for three spots.

As elite as Harrison and Bowers are at their positions, what I would be highest on is an elite Edge.  Move Paye to the other side and have Dayo inside as often as possible.  Skip the vet FA additions Ballard has relied on each year.

But I don't know if there is a college edge that is elite at EDGE the way MH and BB are elite at their positions.  Of the possible three choices, if we had to settle for Bowers as WF suggests it will fall (at this point), I'd be happy.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think the Colts need some sort of elite playmaker in the passing game...offense or defense.  It seems that Harrison is an elite WR, and Bowers is an elite Move TE (these guys are college players, so there is risk of course).  It seems Harrison would be gone by our pick, so I think he's starting to leave our conversation room, frankly.  As far as Bowers, I would not pass on Bowers thinking that Woods, Tree, Granson, Mallory will develop.  Besides, we need 4 TEs anyway...they can compete for three spots.

As elite as Harrison and Bowers are at their positions, what I would be highest on is an elite Edge.  Move Paye to the other side and have Dayo inside as often as possible.  Skip the vet FA additions Ballard has relied on each year.

But I don't know if there is a college edge that is elite at EDGE the way MH and BB are elite at their positions.  Of the possible three choices, if we had to settle for Bowers as WF suggests it will fall (at this point), I'd be happy.

Bowers could fall our way, if he is there and we took him, I would be happy with it. He looks like a can't miss. Having a TE like that is huge. Look at how much Mahomes relies on Kelce. Tom/Gronk, Peyton/Dallas. 

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They need one desperately

Yeah no way they will run it back with MJ next year.  I just had  fun thought that some day we could be talking about great Patriots receivers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne,  maybe they will go after Archie Manning some day too

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...