Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

chris lammons free agent cornerback signed

erock

20 minutes ago, erock said:

lol. Normally I don't bash a depth signing, but we lost isaiah rodgers due to gambling and have 3 rookie CBs outside of Kenny Moore, and we sign him as depth? You could have literally signed Marcus Peters a couple days ago before he went to the Raiders. 

Generally I don't mind a depth signing, but this isn't the time to go cheap after what happened with Rodgers. We need a reliable veteran that can teach the young kids. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

lol. Normally I don't bash a depth signing, but we lost isaiah rodgers due to gambling and have 3 rookie CBs outside of Kenny Moore, and we sign him as depth? You could have literally signed Marcus Peters a couple days ago before he went to the Raiders. 

Generally I don't mind a depth signing, but this isn't the time to go cheap after what happened with Rodgers. We need a reliable veteran that can teach the young kids. 

ballard always goes cheap, one of the reasons that the colts are competing for last place

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hey, it’s a guy with experience who’s been around and has played.  Nothing wrong with that.  

He's a camp body with little experience on the field that's been passed around that has little chance of making the team. He serves little purpose, We have 3 rookies and Dallis Flowers if we want young guys. We need a veteran that has a chance to teach the kids and make an impact on the field. This signing would be fine if Rodgers was still on the team. Without him, it's pointless unless we sign a veteran CB, and I'm not convinced we will do that until it happens.

Hopefully this wasn't the move at CB to replace Rodgers or our secondary is going to suck this year. JuJu isn't back yet for training camp either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We have. Rookie QB. We aren’t winning a superbowl this year. So I don’t mind letting the young guys we drafted play and learn. Even if it means struggles. They will be better for it next season when we should have our QB in a better situation having played a year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have. Rookie QB. We aren’t winning a superbowl this year. So I don’t mind letting the young guys we drafted play and learn. Even if it means struggles. They will be better for it next season when we should have our QB in a better situation having played a year.

I still would rather have a veteran for a year to teach the rookies how to play at the NFL level. Someone like Bryce Callahan would be a big help to the team. I get we probably aren't contending, but don't punt a position either.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I still would rather have a veteran for a year to teach the rookies how to play at the NFL level. Someone like Bryce Callahan would be a big help to the team. I get we probably aren't contending, but don't punt a position either.

We have a vet. His name is Kenny Moore. They might do something after cut downs too since we are third on the waiver wire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/colts-sign-veteran-cornerback-battery-210515051.html

Lammons was part of the group with Kamara.

Lammons pled quilty as well.

Don't love that... I can deal with a camp body, but one that stomps a guy after he's on the ground after getting his eye socket fractured is a no from me. Not the influence I'd want for our young CB room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Don't love that... I can deal with a camp body, but one that stomps a guy after he's on the ground after getting his eye socket fractured is a no from me. Not the influence I'd want for our young CB room.

Yeah, can't say I'm too fond of it after reading about this.

At least he played on a SB team last year, but yeah just camp fodder till JuJu suits up.

Could of definitely picked a guy that isn't looking at a suspension.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/colts-sign-veteran-cornerback-battery-210515051.html

Lammons was part of the group with Kamara.

Lammons pled quilty as well.

So much for character. At least if Ballard would have brought in a big name with character concerns, there would be potential upside. Ballard brings in a camp body that is a horrible human being, and puts him in a group with three rookies at the position that could learn bad habits from him. 

Ballard just lost a lot of respect from me. There were a handful of veterans out there at CB with good character to teach these kids how to play and perform at the NFL level. Instead, you sign this piece of garbage. 

Not happy. It's actually embarrassing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Meh Ballard has had decent success with his “depth CB” signings 

24 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, can't say I'm too fond of it after reading about this.

At least he played on a SB team last year, but yeah just camp fodder till JuJu suits up.

Could have definitely picked a guy that isn't looking at a suspension.

Gulp me neither 

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So much for character. At least if Ballard would have brought in a big name with character concerns, there would be potential upside. Ballard brings in a camp body that is a horrible human being, and puts him in a group with three rookies at the position that could learn bad habits from him. 

Ballard just lost a lot of respect from me. There were a handful of veterans out there at CB with good character to teach these kids how to play and perform at the NFL level. Instead, you sign this piece of garbage. 

lol, "just"?  :D 

In all seriousness, I can't help but agree that this is a poor decision by Ballard.  If he's just wanting a camp body, he could have picked any one of us to do it.  Beyond the character thing, Lammos is 5'9"; totally the wrong body type than what Ballard preaches.  I don't see anything about this guy that says we intend to keep him on the 53 roster.  If he wanted stability at the position, he could have brought in Eli Apple or Josh Jackson or just about anybody on the free agent list.

This move was definitely a head scratcher.

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nothing new for the way this organization does things on the cheap. But.I wouldn't put it all on ballard.....it's Irsay money he's saving :thinking:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

I'm guessing he'll probably only see the field in the 2nd half of preseason games.

But, Ballard must see something there, right?  Ballard is very particular with who he adds to the roster.

Yes, he sure does..... a weekly contract without too many zero$. haha

On 7/27/2023 at 9:49 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. It’s hard to fathom how CB can continually blab about getting high-character guys and then do this. “The locker room is watching.” It’s almost like CB says stuff he knows isn’t true. I’m sure the media will ask about it, or not. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Yep. It’s hard to fathom how CB can continually blab about getting high-character guys and then do this. “The locker room is watching.” It’s almost like CB says stuff he knows isn’t true. I’m sure the media will ask about it, or not. 

Dolphins just signed Eli Apple today to replace Ramsey for a few months. Another veteran option off the board. He's a bit controversial, but you can at least say he's a good player and could teach the rookies. 

• Like 2