Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA news / mandatory mini camp news

Stephen

• w87r changed the title to OTA news
16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Didn't you think Will Levis have some Uncle Rico in him?

I thought I read a Titans OTA report where it said Levis struggled with the short pass and struggled to put "touch" on the ball.

• Like 2

Damn... the full quote is even better.... 

“You got a really talented guy that comes in and to you want to see where he’s at, so let’s get him going early in the process and see where he’s at so far,” Steichen explained on Thursday. “Right now, when you get those reps over and over and over again, you become a better football player, especially learning new systems seeing different modes from the defense, right there’s a lot of stuff that’s going to get thrown at him and along with everybody else and what we can judge and see where he’s at…I’m really pleased where he’s at mentally. He made some big plays today. He made some great throws, great decisions. Some really next level stuff that I’ve seen over the last couple of days, so really pleased where he’s at.”

https://1075thefan.com/92227/colts-ota-notebook-week-1-anthony-richardson-impresses-shane-steichen/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn... the full quote is even better.... 

“You got a really talented guy that comes in and to you want to see where he’s at, so let’s get him going early in the process and see where he’s at so far,” Steichen explained on Thursday. “Right now, when you get those reps over and over and over again, you become a better football player, especially learning new systems seeing different modes from the defense, right there’s a lot of stuff that’s going to get thrown at him and along with everybody else and what we can judge and see where he’s at…I’m really pleased where he’s at mentally. He made some big plays today. He made some great throws, great decisions. Some really next level stuff that I’ve seen over the last couple of days, so really pleased where he’s at.”

https://1075thefan.com/92227/colts-ota-notebook-week-1-anthony-richardson-impresses-shane-steichen/

This is exactly what panthers and Texans are doing. It’s the right thing to do to see where he is at.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is exactly what panthers and Texans are doing. It’s the right thing to do to see where he is at.

I watched a Panthers fan show and they had film of Bryce throwing to receivers on some drill... didn't look pretty. He massively underthrew the first one, then had a wild scattershot overthrow on the second one... that was him throwing to receivers running the same route. Not that it means much at this point of the off-season... 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

I watched a Panthers fan show and they had film of Bryce throwing to receivers on some drill... didn't look pretty. He massively underthrew the first one, then had a wild scattershot overthrow on the second one... that was him throwing to receivers running the same route.

I saw one where the bell got batted down lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I saw one where the bell got batted down lol.

Haven't seen that one but I was looking at some of their videos when he was lining up behind their OL. HOLY HELL, he looks so small... He looked like a 12 year old taking snaps from NFL linemen. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I watched a Panthers fan show and they had film of Bryce throwing to receivers on some drill... didn't look pretty. He massively underthrew the first one, then had a wild scattershot overthrow on the second one... that was him throwing to receivers running the same route. Not that it means much at this point of the off-season... 

Bryce only has average arm strength

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

I saw a video on YouTube where they were laughing because he looked like a "small person" (my words, they used the derogatory) behind the line.

I think he was the most talented QB coming out, but you just can't ignore his size.  I know the rules are set up to protect the QB but eventually he's going to have a couple 300lb guys fall on him.  I wish him luck, I loved watching him at Bama.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That's one thing that NFL linemen do much better than college linemen. They know when they can't get there in time and they throw their hands in the air trying to affect the pass that way... And in a lot of cases they get deflections and they force incompletions or even interceptions this way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

if Freeland can start week 1, good chance we see Smith at RG

Would that put us as the most expensive guard duo? 

Dont care what it is as long as it works! LOL. Smiths probably still going to stay outside though. I think Freeland is the swing tackle.  But yeah if he could start I wouldn't mind moving Smith inside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

Start?    Week one?

It’s not even clear he’ll make the 53 man roster.    He might.   But it’s not a lock.   And even if he makes the 53, he has to be able to play effectively if called upon.  The odds on all of that are likely not very high. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AKB said:

I think Freeland will need some S&C like Raimann last year. If he starts at RT it’s going to be a rough start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Start?    Week one?

It’s not even clear he’ll make the 53 man roster.    He might.   But it’s not a lock.   And even if he makes the 53, he has to be able to play effectively if called upon.  The odds on all of that are likely not very high. 

Freeland is a rookie 4th round pick at a position of need (OT). He's a stone cold lock to make the team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Start?    Week one?

He is making the roster not like we have deep oline depth

• Like 2

Remember that OTA's are voluntary - so not every player will be there every day.

Additionally - the Colts likely count on the media to share the majority of off-season news.  That's kind of been the pattern the past couple of years.

5 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Freeland is a rookie 4th round pick at a position of need (OT). He's a stone cold lock to make the team.

He’ll make the team.   But he might not be very good.   was Pryor very good last year?   Pinter?   Fries?   Raimann in the first half of the season? 

Look at the post I responded to….     They’re talking about him starting week one.   I’d be thrilled of Freeland was starting week one of 2024.    The poster was talking about 2023.    There’s close to a zero percent chance of that happening. 

• Like 2

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Dear Debbie,

Freeland ( barring injuries) is a lock to make the roster. At worst he will be this year's swing tackle. Might even start at RT.

debbie downer GIF

You tried to post something to me earlier today, but for whatever reason, you didn’t write anything.   The post was blank.   

And, IMO, you sounded much smarter in that post writing nothing than you do in this post.    Quit while you’re behind. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’ll make the team.  

Yes, he will and that was my point as I was responding to the following quote from you:

"It’s not even clear he’ll make the 53 man roster. He might.  But it’s not a lock."

I am glad we are in agreement now.

14 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Yes, he will and that was my point as I was responding to the following quote from you:

"It’s not even clear he’ll make the 53 man roster. He might.  But it’s not a lock."

I am glad we are in agreement now.

He might not make the 53.    He might just make the practice squad.   

As for agreement, you had to delete a fair amount of my post, in fact two posts, to come close to agreement.   Not a good look.