Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Podcasts?

Nesjan3

On 5/16/2023 at 10:36 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth….

Pat did NOT sellout to ESPN.    I don’t know what he’s going to be making, but odds are he’s taking a large pay CUT. 

Fan Duel was paying him $30 mil per year.   4 years and $120m total.   To the best of my knowledge,  Stephen A is the highest paid guy at ESPN at roughly $12m per year.   Odds are Pat will be making less.   So why would he take such a big cut?   For the brand of ESPN.   All of the various channels and platforms.   More eye balls, more listeners and viewers.    He’ll no longer be a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll be a bigger fish in a bigger ocean with more opportunities.   It’s a long play….

Props to Pat and his crew…. 

I seriously doubt he received $30 million per year. Because if he really did he would have been able to afford to buy shirts with sleeves!  :funny:

21 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I seriously doubt he received $30 million per year. Because if he really did he would have been able to afford to buy shirts with sleeves!  :funny:

I suspect that figure covers everyone who works on the show.   It’s not all for Pat.   So Pat gets $30 mill per minus whatever it costs him to produce and staff the show. 

But his deal was widely reported as 4 years and $120 million.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I suspect that figure covers everyone who works on the show.   It’s not all for Pat.   So Pat gets $30 mill per minus whatever it costs him to produce and staff the show. 

But his deal was widely reported as 4 years and $120 million.  

Yeah but still he coulda afforded to wear better than tank tops. Lol

But seriously, him pocketing a fraction of $30 mill I think is huge for him. I'm not his biggest fan of his shows or his humor,  but have to admit he's done very well for himself and successfully marketed himself.

Props to him.

18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah but still he coulda afforded to wear better than tank tops. Lol

But seriously, him pocketing a fraction of $30 mill I think is huge for him. I'm not his biggest fan of his shows or his humor,  but have to admit he's done very well for himself and successfully marketed himself.

Props to him.

Yup!    Mad props to him.   I watch selected clips on YouTube.    He does a nice job.  And he’s clearly done a great job because he’s in great demand.   He’s built a brand around him and his show.  

Years ago, when his deal was first reported, I was doubtful as well.   It made no sense.   And then once you realize the money covers the staff and the production and all the costs associated with the show then it makes more sense.   So even if all that costs $10 mill a year,  Pat is still making a very pretty penny.    No one will ever have to start a Go Fund Me campaign for him.  

I just hope it all works out for him in the long run….

On 5/18/2023 at 5:42 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Your blanket comment is not correct.  I watch every one of Pat's shows and it's not how you say.  

Agreed. He doesnt yell but he is  just  to loud for me. The whole show just seems just all over the place and to be honest, I have never watched more than 5 mins. 

52 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. He doesnt yell but he is  just  to loud for me. The whole show just seems just all over the place and to be honest, I have never watched more than 5 mins. 

His show is all over the place because he covers sports betting and has been sponsored by FanDuel. Now that he is affiliated with ESPN I don't know what changes is coming down the road.  

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

His show is all over the place because he covers sports betting and has been sponsored by FanDuel. Now that he is affiliated with ESPN I don't know what changes are coming down the road.  

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

His show is all over the place because he covers sports betting and has been sponsored by FanDuel. Now that he is affiliated with ESPN I don't know what changes is coming down the road.  

Heavily censored, filtered and a watered down version of the current show I imagine. Pats is trying so hard to tell everyone it won't change but everybody knows that there is no way it won't change on that network.

The way they speak their mind about everything will absolutely not fly with Disney/ESPN. It sucks for people like me who have been watching basically since he started and gravitated to it because it was the anti ESPN. I didnt have to watch the big network bullcrap.

At the same time I understand. It has to be gratifying for him to be a part of the biggest sports network out there after starting from nothing. Also they all have kids and wives now.

But if anyone thinks Disney will not change the vibe of the show completely is being quite naive IMO. Pat is trying to lessen the blowback. I believe even he knows it will be different.

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Heavily censored, filtered and a watered down version of the current show I imagine. Pats is trying so hard to tell everyone it won't change but everybody knows that there is no way it won't change on that network.

The way they speak their mind about everything will absolutely not fly with Disney/ESPN. It sucks for people like me who have been watching basically since he started and gravitated to it because it was the anti ESPN. I didnt have to watch the big network bullcrap.

At the same time I understand. It has to be gratifying for him to be a part of the biggest sports network out there after starting from nothing. Also they all have kids and wives now.

But if anyone thinks Disney will not change the vibe of the show completely is being quite naive IMO. Pat is trying to lessen the blowback. I believe even he knows it will be different.

I can't imagine any changes are going to be made for the better.  At least he is staying on YouTube for free for the time being.  

Ty Schmit was suspended for a day over something he said so it's already started being different. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:36 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth….

Pat did NOT sellout to ESPN.    I don’t know what he’s going to be making, but odds are he’s taking a large pay CUT. 

Fan Duel was paying him $30 mil per year.   4 years and $120m total.   To the best of my knowledge,  Stephen A is the highest paid guy at ESPN at roughly $12m per year.   Odds are Pat will be making less.   So why would he take such a big cut?   For the brand of ESPN.   All of the various channels and platforms.   More eye balls, more listeners and viewers.    He’ll no longer be a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll be a bigger fish in a bigger ocean with more opportunities.   It’s a long play….

Props to Pat and his crew…. 

Pat had the independent freedom to do what he wanted. Now he will be told what he can talk about and cannot say. The dude just sold his soul. 

You know how this works. You’ve spent time in the media space. That said, I’m sure you toed the line. It fits your go-along with the narrative personality. Someone with my personality does not fit in that space, which is why I’m not there today. It doesn’t fit Pat either, and how he cannot see that is puzzling.

I refuse to be told what I can and cannot say. I always have original and non-mainstream thoughts. Some people just don’t fit into the regulated news culture. It’s a shame so many try to. We need alternatives that are not in lock-step with the national groupthink opinion. 

Pat moving to ESPN is terrible for the brand. He will realize this as soon as he says something nice about someone like Elon Musk. That’s when he is going to regret making this move. It won’t be as big a failure as when Rush attempted the move, but it will be in the ballpark next to it. 

This was a terrible decision. 

On 5/23/2023 at 1:36 PM, Nesjan3 said:

You are 100% on point. 

He sold his soul!

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Pat had the independent freedom to do what he wanted. Now he will be told what he can talk about and cannot say. The dude just sold his soul. 

You know how this works. You’ve spent time in the media space. That said, I’m sure you toed the line. It fits your go-along with the narrative personality. Someone with my personality does not fit in that space, which is why I’m not there today. It doesn’t fit Pat either, and how he cannot see that is puzzling.

I refuse to be told what I can and cannot say. I always have original and non-mainstream thoughts. Some people just don’t fit into the regulated news culture. It’s a shame so many try to. We need alternatives that are not in lock-step with the national groupthink opinion. 

Pat moving to ESPN is terrible for the brand. He will realize this as soon as he says something nice about someone like Elon Musk. That’s when he is going to regret making this move. It won’t be as big a failure as when Rush attempted the move, but it will be in the ballpark next to it. 

This was a terrible decision. 

We will quickly find out, but I seriously doubt Pat agreed to a deal like that.   At some point,  I’m sure there was language negotiated in his new contract that gives him complete creative control.  There woukd be no reason to do a deal with Disney without it.   

Pat is on the record saying he will be doing the exact same show for ESPN, except he’ll clean up some of the language.  Fewer F-bombs.   He might even be on a 7- second delay to get bleeped.    But I’d be beyond shocked if he gave up creative control to Disney.   They may want to give him recommendations, but Disney should want the magic that Pat and his staff bring and let them decide what to do on a day by day, hour by hour basis.   

Is it possible you’re right?   Sure.  But I don’t see why Pat would agree to anything that debuted his brand?    What’s the upside?  

Im sure this will be closely watched by everyone.   There will be stories written.  Interviews given.   I hope Pat is happy.   But if not, I hope Pat can get out of this deal early and re-invent himself as he was.   

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We will quickly find out, but I seriously doubt Pat agreed to a deal like that.   At some point,  I’m sure there was language negotiated in his new contract that gives him complete creative control.  There woukd be no reason to do a deal with Disney without it.   

Pat is on the record saying he will be doing the exact same show for ESPN, except he’ll clean up some of the language.  Fewer F-bombs.   He might even be on a 7- second delay to get bleeped.    But I’d be beyond shocked if he gave up creative control to Disney.   They may want to give him recommendations, but Disney should want the magic that Pat and his staff bring and let them decide what to do on a day by day, hour by hour basis.   

Is it possible you’re right?   Sure.  But I don’t see why Pat would agree to anything that debuted his brand?    What’s the upside?  

Im sure this will be closely watched by everyone.   There will be stories written.  Interviews given.   I hope Pat is happy.   But if not, I hope Pat can get out of this deal early and re-invent himself as he was.   

I’m am going to wait about 3 months, and then listen to his show again. Unless something he does (and Disney/ESPN corrects) makes breaking news before, which I am not ruling out. For me, waiting to watch his new platform is the best way to see how much has changed. I don’t think it will happen quickly, but I predict he will be miserable with this decision.

All it will take is for him to step out of line once and they will quickly put him in his place. He had what people dream of. He had independence. I believe he will regret this decision. This is so easy to predict. That said, I’m going to let it play out. 

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

His show had a lot of content that Was a lot of bull crap.

Hopefully he is trying to get his Soul back. 

Pat is an off-the-cuff kind of guy and that’s why his style was entertaining. He brainstormed breaking news on the fly. Sometimes his ideas were way out in left field, but that’s what happens with brainstorming breaking news. However, for people watching the show later (Not Live) it can appear to be ridiculous, because more news will come out after, and debunk some of the initial brainstorming. 

He won’t get away with that now. He has backed himself into a corner and it will be hell getting out of it.

I believe he has made a terrible decision and he is going to regret it more than any professional decision. Including swimming drunk in a creek. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad Keefer is getting bigger opportunities, but I’m not gonna lie: Kravitz and Boyd are probably going to be a no-listen for me this year. I just sat down to burn one and turned the latest episode on to see if they had any fresh insight on whats gone in this week and I just don’t think that’s gonna work for me. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:10 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to find some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring the Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

COLTure Uncut, Horseshoe Huddle & Locked On Colts are three I can think of right now.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:36 PM, John Waylon said:

I’m glad Keefer is getting bigger opportunities, but I’m not gonna lie: Kravitz and Boyd are probably going to be a no-listen for me this year. I just sat down to burn one and turned the latest episode on to see if they had any fresh insight on whats gone in this week and I just don’t think that’s gonna work for me. 

Yeah it’s not the same without Zak. Holder and keefer always had so many little insights about what was going on.

On 6/10/2023 at 11:53 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah it’s not the same without Zak. Holder and keefer always had so many little insights about what was going on.

Holder’s voice and delivery always bothered me. I just did not like to listen to that man talk, but I did (and still,) value the insight.  

I think it’s just kind of striking how Kravitz on a podcast was no less undesirable than Kravitz in any other form. There was one point where Boyd mentioned a moment he saw in practice and Kravitz came right out and said he didn’t see it and he doesn’t look for that kind of stuff. 

Keefer likely would have noticed the same thing and would have had more to say. Or if he hadn’t seen it he still he would have at least shown the slightest bit of enthusiasm on the subject. Kravitz couldn’t have cared less if he tried. 

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well. Colts are losing all their media people. Although he wrote more on the pacers.

So they’ve left Boyd as the longest tenured media covering the team?

He didn’t even cover football in any capacity just 12 months ago. :grumpy2:

Oof. 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

So they’ve left Boyd as the longest tenured media covering the team?

He didn’t even cover football in any capacity just 12 months ago. :grumpy2:

Oof. 

As far as the athletic yep. Joel Erickson is now the longest tenured colts reporter. The Indy colts media sucks now.  Holder barely does anything for ESPN. Boyd said he will be able to still have keefer on since keefer is still with the athletic. 

Archived