Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lombardi on the draft, Fields and other topics

Moosejawcolt

10 hours ago, sb41champs said:

If Bryce Young is selected #1 - and - both Houston & Arizona go defense - I personally would rather see the Colts select CJ Stroud.

He seems to have more upside - more experience in "big games" - and - fewer flaws than Levis or Richardson.

Curious.  What makes Levis have less "upside" than Stroud?  I think Levis has a real solid shot at being the best of the group a few years into their careers....

15 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Curious.  What makes Levis have less "upside" than Stroud?  I think Levis has a real solid shot at being the best of the group a few years into their careers....

Former NFL scouts and front office personnel have graded CJ Stroud as a better prospect than Will Levis.

They are far more knowledgeable about all of the measurements and intangibles than me - so I take their word for it.

Every draft has prospects that shock the NFL world with the potential or upside.  

Last season it was QB Brock Purdy.

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Former NFL scouts and front office personnel have graded CJ Stroud as a better prospect than Will Levis.

They are far more knowledgeable about all of the measurements and intangibles than me - so I take their word for it.

I won't knock you for that, but it is so much more enjoyable to go get some film on them both, do a little research, watch said film, and then let the opinion form in your mind naturally.  Because there's a good chance some of the takes you're trusting watch less film than you just did.

On 4/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Boondoggle said:

I won't knock you for that, but it is so much more enjoyable to go get some film on them both, do a little research, watch said film, and then let the opinion form in your mind naturally.  Because there's a good chance some of the takes you're trusting watch less film than you just did.

True that.

But - I firmly believe in Chris Ballard and his coaching staff and their evaluation processes.

THEY will choose the best QB fit for OUR team.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, sb41champs said:

Every draft has prospects that shock the NFL world with the potential or upside.  

Last season it was QB Brock Purdy.

Don’t sell yourself short. These so called experts miss on quarterbacks as often as they get it right. 

7 hours ago, sb41champs said:

True that.

But - I firmly believe in Chris Ballard and his coaching staff and their evaluation processes.

THEY will choose the best QB fit for OUR team.

I still have faith in Ballard as well.  Would love to see things fall his way here too.

Archived