Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Bears talking?

CR91

12 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Twitter used to be where I got verified news. But now I don’t trust it for anything except as a breeding ground for rumors and disinformation. It’s no better than Reddit. 

That's funny.   They are not and never had been a good source of news.  You have to use several sources to make a legitimate choice of what is real.  

6 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Looks like just wishful thinking from bears fans to me. They think the bears are just going to fleece us to move up 3 spots. lol!

I hope the Colts stay put but the Bears will get some great offers.   They could make some great moves.  Trade sown with Houston and then trade down with the Colts.  

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's put it this way. Whatever the Colts offer, the Texans can and would Trump it. They have   number 2 and 10 I believe. The GM for the Bears would take  that every day  over a 4th and next  years first from Indy.   If the Texans don't want to Trump the Colts are the Colts once again competing with no one  ala  Carson and Buckner? Plus if the Texans are willing to let Indy get in front of u what does that  say? There is no way the Texans are letting them get in front of them and possibly picking that guy that they have to  look at over the next 15 years as the guy they should have had. To me if thr Texans let Indy  slide  up , I would be very concerned.

Being at 2 overall is a whole different decision tree Moose.

First off there are two QBs who look like they have that top group quality.  Do you give up two top ten picks to go from Stroud to Levis?  I doubt that.  I am not a big fan of Stroud but when he is focused in the guy has elite impact on the field and checks all the boxes.

If on the other hand you are at 4 overall and covet Young all you need to do is stand pat.  Because he'll make it to 4.  Then the offensive coach you just hired will need to creatively scheme in enough movement to ensure he can see the field.  Hopefully we don't go that route but then again it is possible Young is a difference maker in the NFL so I'm not against that strategy or anything.  I just prefer that they go get Levis and I think it's the smart call given where they are positioned in the draft.

I dont' know who any of these people are other than a quick twitter search.  This isn't news.  Buncha joe-blows "predicting" what everyone's been talking about since the texans/bears/colts week 17 games finished over a month ago.  Meh, when it's a Rappaport or Schefter reporting it or a move is official, then I'll entertain the knee-jerk reactions.

2 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Being at 2 overall is a whole different decision tree Moose.

First off there are two QBs who look like they have that top group quality.  Do you give up two top ten picks to go from Stroud to Levis?  I doubt that.  I am not a big fan of Stroud but when he is focused in the guy has elite impact on the field and checks all the boxes.

If on the other hand you are at 4 overall and covet Young all you need to do is stand pat.  Because he'll make it to 4.  Then the offensive coach you just hired will need to creatively scheme in enough movement to ensure he can see the field.  Hopefully we don't go that route but then again it is possible Young is a difference maker in the NFL so I'm not against that strategy or anything.  I just prefer that they go get Levis and I think it's the smart call given where they are positioned in the draft.

Trust me, these Teams know what the other team favours. Thats why you see so many teams jumping right in front of the other team because they do their homework.  The only possible team that is a threat to the Texans is the Colts. They most likely know who they covet. If they like the same guy, the Texans have to much to offer to let the Colts get in front of them. Do the Texans give up to top 10 picks? I dont know but do you think they would let that get in the way if they loved Young and say the Colts did as well? There is no way the GM would let that happen or he is gone. You have to remember the GM for the Texans is fighting for his job. He has had 3 coaches in 3 years and this is his last kick at the bucket. Therefore, for him to give up to top 10 picks is nothing if it saves his job. He doesn't care about next years picks as he might not be around so giving up this years draft to Caserio is no big deal. It is all or nothing for Nick

23 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not sure how creditable this is, but he does have a blue check mark.

For all you fans thinking that you have found the person who has cracked the case in terms of the Colts plans to trade up and/or what guy they are picking at # 4. The Buckner trade should be a great reminder for those that pay attention. The deal was in the works for months and not one media personnel or twitter person said a word about it. The Colts and San Fran kept it quiet for 2 months. The team lets out what they want and from what I have read from previous GM's it is the agents who are releasing 90% of the rumours to drum up interest in their players.

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

That is waaaaay too much to move up 3 spots. 

This team has way too many other holes to fill to be giving up that kind of draft capital.

Those holes are secondary to get a Franchise/Elite QB. 

I'm not saying the Colts are trading that much to move up OR EVEN saying that Young is a Franchise to elite QB. Just saying if the colts or any team feel high on a potential QB, everything else is secondary. 

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Trust me, these Teams know what the other team favours. Thats why you see so many teams jumping right in front of the other team because they do their homework.  The only possible team that is a threat to the Texans is the Colts. They most likely know who they covet. If they like the same guy, the Texans have to much to offer to let the Colts get in front of them. Do the Texans give up to top 10 picks? I dont know but do you think they would let that get in the way if they loved Young and say the Colts did as well? There is no way the GM would let that happen or he is gone. You have to remember the GM for the Texans is fighting for his job. He has had 3 coaches in 3 years and this is his last kick at the bucket. Therefore, for him to give up to top 10 picks is nothing if it saves his job. He doesn't care about next years picks as he might not be around so giving up this years draft to Caserio is no big deal. It is all or nothing for Nick

I just don't see that happening.  Texans are stupid though so it's possible.

Archived