Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of that is KY is running pro concepts while OSU isn’t. That does give Levis a leg up. He also has former nfl coaches at KY.

Well, he had Liam Coen at OC that left for the Rams last year and now he’s back after Levis declared for the draft.

I’m curious to find out if Levis has completely recovered from his injuries too which were bothering him earlier in the year. I know he didn’t have his weapons from the previous year but it felt like a massive drop off where his decision making fell with him pressing a bit. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, he had Liam Coen at OC that left for the Rams last year and now he’s back after Levis declared for the draft.

I’m curious to find out if Levis has completely recovered from his injuries too which were bothering him earlier in the year. I know he didn’t have his weapons from the previous year but it felt like a massive drop off where his decision making fell with him pressing a bit. 

Was watching a video today that mentioned they kept him in the pocket more this year because of the injuries.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Was watching a video today that mentioned they kept him in the pocket more this year because of the injuries.

I would see LBs and safeties dropping back anticipating a pass happy Levis and he consistently obliged by throwing into traffic. The line between confidence in your arm to gun it in versus being reckless can be thin. It’s that way with Josh Allen too.

Yes the injuries forced him to ignore the space in front of him to run.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I would see LBs and safeties dropping back anticipating a pass happy Levis and he consistently obliged by throwing into traffic. The line between confidence in your arm to gun it in and reckless can be thin. It’s that way with Josh Allen too.

Yes the injuries forced him to ignore the space in front of him to run.

The key thing that could help him would be seeing his progress with all of that. He unfortunately doesn’t get that chance sense he is going pro. You hope to see growth and how the handle adversity. 

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

It's more than just Bears media I have seen some mocks with Colts giving up 6 picks 

I really don’t think they will give up anything close to that

so much is a conjecture at this stage

We are all just some fans watching highlights and hoping

if the Colts believe that any of the top 3 guys are THE guy……. You trade to get him…. You spend 2 firsts and maybe a player to get him

This MAY be the strategy 

I personally think that they may believe that QB1, QB2, and QB3 are ALL decent options

and they take what comes to them and KEEP next years pick

At a worst case, that all 3 QBs are taken before 4, than you take the stud DE that’s on the board, and go with Hooker, or if Richardson slides to our 2nd round pick…in THAT case….. you bring in Carr while Richardson or Hooker hold a clipboard for 1-2 years….. and….. in round FIVE or SIX bring in Duggan

My preference is QB1 thru QB3…… but if not…. There are other approaches which should yield a QB to develop

15 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I really don’t think they will give up anything close to that

so much is a conjecture at this stage

We are all just some fans watching highlights and hoping

if the Colts believe that any of the top 3 guys are THE guy……. You trade to get him…. You spend 2 firsts and maybe a player to get him

This MAY be the strategy 

I personally think that they may believe that QB1, QB2, and QB3 are ALL decent options

and they take what comes to them and KEEP next years pick

At a worst case, that all 3 QBs are taken before 4, than you take the stud DE that’s on the board, and go with Hooker, or if Richardson slides to our 2nd round pick…in THAT case….. you bring in Carr while Richardson or Hooker hold a clipboard for 1-2 years….. and….. in round FIVE or SIX bring in Duggan

My preference is QB1 thru QB3…… but if not…. There are other approaches which should yield a QB to develop

That would make Hooker 26  by the time he starts. Duggan is going undrafted too. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No guarantee on that. Also Ballard is on a thin leash. I doubt he will go with that big of a project if he doesn’t have too.

Ballard will get 2-3 years with a rookie QB primarily because Irsay knows he meddled and feels Reich was a bigger part of the problem.

Bears fans and media will want to sell Stroud as much better than the rest so that there’s a market and sense of desperation created for trading up for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-trade-up-to-no-1-overall-for-qb-commanders-select-anthony-richardson/

Chicago lands this pick from Carolina along with two 2023 second-round selections, a first-round and third-round pick in 2024, a 2025 second-round pick, and Laviska Shenault

Colts landed Young at 4

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-trade-up-to-no-1-overall-for-qb-commanders-select-anthony-richardson/

Chicago lands this pick from Carolina along with two 2023 second-round selections, a first-round and third-round pick in 2024, a 2025 second-round pick, and Laviska Shenault

Colts landed Young at 4

Lol trade that far up for Levis.

20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Even if we do all that, there's no guarantee Colts get #1 pick. 

There will always be a worse team. 

Texans just needed to lose one last game of this season, and see what pick they've got. 

If they can't get one result right, there's no way you get 17 games result right. Things will go wrong when you want to win. It will all work out well if you want to lose. 

You start Foles or Sam all season, they'll end up winning 3 or 4 games. 

If you so noticeably tank all games, good players will get frustrated to leave the team, and all other owners would complain, which will make the NFL Forfeit Colts first round pick.

Colts will end up getting #1 overall pick, only to not be able to draft a player because #2 overall draft pick will be picking the first drafted player - just like Miami doesn't get to draft a player in first round in coming draft. Colts will end up missing a franchise QB with top 5 draft position in two consecutive years. 

who are sam and foles beating exactly? they didn't win a game this year why would they win next year? dont have to try to tank they will just be that bad and its not hard to hide a tank. its easier to get the #1 next year then you think if we dont draft a qb this year ride with foles or sam. Colts would not lose any picks for tanking lol they would have to prove it first and second we woldnt have to try cuz we suck that bad.

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think the Bears trade down with Texans. Being at 2 still gives them the option of Carter or Anderson Jr. If they trade down to 4 the chances increase of 1 of them being down.

I have seen people mention bears might want carter because the draft is deeper at DE. Arizona needs DE so I bet they take Anderson.

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have seen people mention bears might want carter because the draft is deeper at DE. Arizona needs DE so I bet they take Anderson.

Arizona could draft multiple positions 

EDGE 

DL 

RB 

WR

CB

They could stay but since they need help will most likely trade back

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

who are sam and foles beating exactly? they didn't win a game this year why would they win next year? dont have to try to tank they will just be that bad and its not hard to hide a tank. its easier to get the #1 next year then you think if we dont draft a qb this year ride with foles or sam. Colts would not lose any picks for tanking lol they would have to prove it first and second we woldnt have to try cuz we suck that bad.

Good luck

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo ballard will draft one or two qbs but not anyone this board has made favorites, he may trade down for more picks since the talent level on this team is so bad. i look for him to have a vet qb start. he wont take a chance on a rookie starting

He would draft 2 QBs then have veteran start?

14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts landed Young at 4

I can see Carolina's Hedge Fund Manager owner swinging for the fences. The team has thrown around a lot money and continues to be aggressive. They do have the 49ers 2nd,3rd,4th picks in the McCaffrey trade while sitting in the 9th slot with their own pick. Don't think it would be Richardson, but I could see them pushing hard to get to #1 

52 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo ballard will draft one or two qbs but not anyone this board has made favorites, he may trade down for more picks since the talent level on this team is so bad. i look for him to have a vet qb start. he wont take a chance on a rookie starting

Just not sure Irsay would sign-off on that. I think it would be a lead balloon and the reaction from the folks that buy the seats would be meltdown level.  I would have to think that Ballard would need leave his car running if he did not take a QB at #4 on April 27th.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

This will be the #1 thing to lookout for this off-season

Chris Ballard LOVES the Senior Bowl and last year alone brought in Alec P Jojo D Bernhard R.

If Levis attends and is available when Colts pick I guarantee he will be drafted.

Screenshot_20230119-115229_Samsung Internet.jpg

I get opting-out of the Music City Bowl. I think it will be a bad look for Levis to skip the Senior Bowl with all NFL team represented in Mobile. 

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

This will be the #1 thing to lookout for this off-season

Chris Ballard LOVES the Senior Bowl and last year alone brought in Alec P Jojo D Bernhard R.

If Levis attends and is available when Colts pick I guarantee he will be drafted.

Screenshot_20230119-115229_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think Levis has been battling a foot injury all season that has been slow to heal.  Either turf toe or Lisfranc

So that may explain the delay on him announcing he's playing

Archived