Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

Young's size is a problem but his stats are hard to overlook. I would go CJ and if he is gone, go with Levis. I think both are going to be really good with the right coaching. I really like how CJ put it all out there and played his bowl game. I think Levis sitting out may have hurt him a little, he could have gave scouts more film to study. But all in all I am just excited we are in this position and can move on from the QB carousel we have been on. And I will get behind any QB we pick. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has sources within the organization. So I tend to believe him on this. 

I know you think it’s true.  But stop and ask yourself this.  If you’re Chris Ballard do you want this out in public if it’s true?    No.    You only want this out if it helps you.  

Remember, the number one rule in the draft season is that most leaks are FALSE. They are smoke screens. 

There’s only a few people in the Colts building who know that info right now.   The only reason for the “source” to give out that info is to benefit the Colts, not hurt the Colts.   If you’re the source are you risking your job giving up the info against Ballard’s orders?   No.   You’re giving up the info because Ballard wants the info out there.  

Odds are extremely high this is a smoke screen.    And I think it’s fine.   It’s smart.    Shows a lot of thought by the front office. 

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah but Levi’s or stroud would still be there for colts. I think there is a good chance young drops to right around ten or a couple spots lower.

I think he is going to drop into the 2nd. I wouldn't bet on it but I could see it happening. His size is going to be a issue. I do like what I have seen from him. But in today's NFL, I can't see any team being like they want him as first overall. I think he will go from 10 to the middle of the 2nd. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I know you think it’s true.  But stop and ask yourself this.  If you’re Chris Ballard do you want this out in public if it’s true?    No.    You only want this out if it helps you.  

Remember, the number one rule in the draft season is that most leaks are FALSE. They are smoke screens. 

There’s only a few people in the Colts building who know that info right now.   The only reason for the “source” to give out that info is to benefit the Colts, not hurt the Colts.   If you’re the source are you risking your job giving up the info against Ballard’s orders?   No.   You’re giving up the info because Ballard wants the info out there.  

Odds are extremely high this is a smoke screen.    And I think it’s fine.   It’s smart.    Shows a lot of thought by the front office. 

Doesn’t mean things won’t change. Combine and interviews can change a lot. But as of right now I think it’s probably right. It’s easy to predict this knowing Ballard too.

2 hours ago, masterlock said:

I'm not so sure about that. Levis' detractors want to dismiss the "inconvenient truth" that he simply didn't have the surrounding cast at UK. But when you watch the tape, so many times he just doesn't have open receivers to throw to. This was a constant theme in 2022. And he was one of the most pressured quarterbacks in college football.

IMO, Levis has the best overall COMBINATION of skills and traits--size, athleticism, passing skills (throwing motion, touch, arm strength, throwing his receivers open, etc.). He really only needs to improve in one area: turnovers. There's no reason to think he can't do that with proper coaching. He's THE prototypical QB and the safest pick IMO, and I'd be excited if the Colts got him.

I think he could be good but picking him that high seems risky to me.  Looks like a weird class with everyone ranking these guys differently 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Teams are gonna love Levis come draft time! He will kill it in interviews and the overall process and he has the protypical size you want! I could easily see him as #1.

Honestly I think it's between him or CJ and I dont thinks its even close.

23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Don't say ever! There's a slim chance Stroud and Levis go before Young.

If Young is the QB there I am certain Ballard would run to get him.

Why do you think the order the QBs will be drafted is already figured out by all 32 teams?    It’s not unanimous Young is number one.   Same with Stroud.  And same with Levis.  There’s no clear obvious top rated quarterback in this class.  Each QB has teams that think their choice is the best.   

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Doesn’t mean things won’t change. Combine and interviews can change a lot. But as of right now I think it’s probably right. It’s easy to predict this knowing Ballard too.

Couldn’t help but notice you couldn’t  answer any of my questions.  That’s because the logic is entirely against you.  

You desperately want every tweet you post to be right.  Even when it makes no sense. 

Sorry. 

14 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

our first in 2024 will be the number 1 pick, wait till then.draft best player at 4, get hooker in lower rounds

Can't think like that. Every season is different. This is a golden opportunity for the franchise to finally get back on track with a franchise QB. Stroud is not like Haskins or Barnett or any other Ohio State QB. The kid is a franchise changer

15 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

I think he is going to drop into the 2nd. I wouldn't bet on it but I could see it happening. His size is going to be a issue. I do like what I have seen from him. But in today's NFL, I can't see any team being like they want him as first overall. I think he will go from 10 to the middle of the 2nd. 

No way Young will go 2nd round. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you think the order the QBs will be drafted is already figured out by all 32 teams?    It’s not unanimous Young is number one.   Same with Stroud.  And same with Levis.  There’s no clear obvious top rated quarterback in this class.  Each QB has teams that think their choice is the best.   

Chloe said Colts probably wouldn't ever take Young and I gave reason why they still could

25 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Odds are Young doesn’t get out of the top-10.   Murray is 5’10”.   Wilson is 5’10 and 5/8”.   

I love the kid, he has all the intangible’s you want, but his height/weight scare the heck out of me.   Too much risk. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Couldn’t help but notice you couldn’t  answer any of my questions.  That’s because the logic is entirely against you.  

You desperately want every tweet you post to be right.  Even when it makes no sense. 

Sorry. 

You know Ballard. You know how he operates. I know you always want to disregard insider stuff. There are two or 3 people you can trust for info. They are careful what they release. They don’t just put stuff out there to get attention. Those few people are good at their jobs.  Saying that things  change. Because colts  are interested about a player doesn’t mean it happens.  Anything that doesn’t come from those few people can mostly be disregarded.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't disagree with you BUT smoke screen for who?? Don't you think the other 31 GM's  know this because they do it themselves? 

I think draft and off-season rumors are mostly just to write something for their websites, youtubers, and feed hungry for information fans.

But overall your right, it doesn't mean much if anything. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

No.4 pick, Pittman, Kenny Moore, current 2nd, future 2nd and future 4th, something like that is what I anticipate.

If Pittman and Moore are the players I think we have to include a future 1st.  If it’s Buckner or Nelson I think we can keep it.  I am hoping we can hold on to this year’s 2nd.

Just now, richard pallo said:

If Pittman and Moore are the players I think we have to include a future 1st.  If it’s Buckner or Nelson I think we can keep it.  I am hoping we can hold on to this year’s 2nd.

The WR FA market isn’t very good and I don’t know about  draft. More I think about it Pittman needs to stay. The young QB needs weapons. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

FA might give us clues, I feel. Both Buckner and Nelson cost us first rounders, hate to part with either.

IF it’s a future 1st, and current 2nd, no reason to give up any player now that Stroud has declared.

Archived