Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts return from their bye week and travel to Minnesota to play the Vikings.

The Colts have won the last six meetings against the Vikings and have not lost to them since 1997. In the last meeting two years ago at LOS, the Colts won 28-11.

The Colts have ruled the following players OUT for this game:

Kenny Moore (ankle)

Brandon Facyson (illness)

Michael Strahan (concussion)

The Vikings have several players noted as questionable but are expected to play. Christian Darrisaw (LT) and safety Harrison Smith were out last week but are expected to play.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I may be watching along with you all. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Flexing Jonathan Taylor GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Edit: It is Dec. 17th. Thanks, @richard pallo

Edited by NFLfan
Corrected the date
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Maybe, this is the only time Colts fans would want Vikings to beat their team and improve their draft order. 

I doubt it. The fans want to win every game. Most are predicting a Colts win. I'm not surprised, as most have never seen their team lose to the Vikings. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I doubt it. The fans want to win every game. Most are predicting a Colts win. I'm not surprised, as most have never seen their team lose to the Vikings. 

Agreed. 

Vikings had a 5-game winning streak before that, from '69 to '97. Maybe, it will switch towards the other side starting from this game? 

From '61 to '68 though, Colts were 12-2-1, there was a Tie. 

I'd like to see a Tie game for Vikings, and this year could be the best time to have it, as they're now one win away from winning the NFC North. Colts can finish with 2 Ties in a season! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For some strange reason I think we win this game. If not, not a huge deal. If we lose, it just gives us a higher draft pick.

It's another game that most pundits pick us to lose, but Saturday will probably keep the guys playing hard, with sights on the full time gig - I think he has to win at least 2 of our remaining games to warrant serious consideration.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd like to see a Tie game for Vikings, and this year could be the best time to have it, as they're now one win away from winning the NFC North. Colts can finish with 2 Ties in a season! 

No way! :yuk: The Vikings had a game end in a tie last year or the year before, no? It is a bit deflating, like losing a close game that should have been a win.

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

From '61 to '68 though, Colts were 12-2-1, there was a tie.

That was before my time. They must have played two games a year?

11 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Any p.s elevations for this one ?

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/16/indianapolis-colts-news-roster-moves-elevations-vikings-nfl-week-15/

The Indianapolis Colts elevated cornerback Darrell Baker Jr. and linebacker Forrest Rhyne from the practice squad to the active roster ahead of the Week 15 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings, the team announced Friday.

@NFLfan I’m rooting for the Vikings because despite their record, they still receive some pretty negative comments (people still hesitant to take them seriously) and I think they need to keep winning to show they are “for real.”

A Colts win would do little to nothing to excite me at this point in the season. Looking forward to the best draft picks we can get; more emotionally invested in next season right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@NFLfan I’m rooting for the Vikings because despite their record, they still receive some pretty negative comments (people still hesitant to take them seriously) and I think they need to keep winning to show they are “for real.”

A Colts win would do little to nothing to excite me at this point in the season. Looking forward to the best draft picks we can get; more emotionally invested in next season right now.

As funny as this sounds, we could still win the division. Scenario being we run the table and finish 8-8-1, Jags just lose 1 more game and finish 8-9, Tennessee loses 3 of last 4 and they finish 8-9. Stranger things have happened. Tennessee has a rough schedule in their last 4 = At Chargers, at Jags, and Cowboys. Only easy game is the Texans. Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Your Indianapolis Colts return from their bye week and travel to Minnesota to play the Vikings.

The Colts have won the last six meetings against the Vikings and have not lost to them since 1997. In the last meeting two years ago at LOS, the Colts won 28-11.

The Colts have ruled the following players OUT for this game:

Kenny Moore (ankle)

Brandon Facyson (illness)

Michael Strahan (concussion)

The Vikings have several players noted as questionable but are expected to play. Christian Darrisaw (LT) and safety Harrison Smith were out last week but are expected to play.

What are your thoughts on this game?

I may be watching along with you all. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Flexing Jonathan Taylor GIF by Indianapolis Colts

NFLfan  Today's the 17th. in case you want to change it.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I'm one of those negative ones. Other than the first game of the season, they have not played well. They have a -1 points scored differential. They are winning close games and losing big. 

Enjoy the game.

• NFLfan changed the title to Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I'm one of those negative ones. Other than the first game of the season, they have not played well. They have a -1 points scored differential. They are winning close games and losing big. 

Enjoy the game.

I would rather win a bunch of close games than lose a bunch. They will have to continue to prove themselves down the stretch.

I have a night engagement to go to tonight so I may actually end up taking a nap during this game haha but thanks! Hope you enjoy the game as well!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He has one?

I know. I meant a higher level one. A phone call came in for me on my cell and had to answer it. I submitted the post with the intention of editing and clarifying it later. I figured one of you would say that.

Im don't know what to hope for. I want the Colts to do well. I also know some things have gone our way the last few weeks with teams ahead of us losing. We went from 1% to make playoffs to 3% lol. However its still 3% which is very low, and losing out could secure one of the top QB's for us. Its like the Angel and the Devil on each shoulder.

28 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I would rather win a bunch of close games than lose a bunch. They will have to continue to prove themselves down the stretch.

I have a night engagement to go to tonight so I may actually end up taking a nap during this game haha but thanks! Hope you enjoy the game as well!

Thank you. Enjoy your event tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kirk cousins isn’t mobile so if colts can create pressure especially in the middle they might have a chance. But they really need to lose.

I wonder what happened. 

Edit: Back injury. I had not heard about it but he was out last week with the same injury. 

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Im don't know what to hope for. I want the Colts to do well. I also know some things have gone our way the last few weeks with teams ahead of us losing. We went from 1% to make playoffs to 3% lol. However its still 3% which is very low, and losing out could secure one of the top QB's for us. Its like the Angel and the Devil on each shoulder.

3%, I love those odds, Lets do it.