Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Captains

Restinpeacesweetchloe

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Franklin is different, pretty cool. The others don't surprise me, they should be.

I think I read he was the first player ever to be named captain at his college as a freshman. Very impressive. 
I believe it was Syracuse 

20 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Franklin was captain last year. There is one more captain this year and TY is gone so that’s why there are two new captains.

He was but what I meant by different was, he isn't a superstar and with Matt here now it just kind of surprised me he was a captain. It probably shouldn't have.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was but what I meant by different was, he isn't a superstar and with Matt here now it just kind of surprised me he was a captain. It probably shouldn't have.

I believe when he received captain he was very instrumental on special teams and things like that. While he may not be an overall exceptional linebacker, he is very good at teams. Along with that, your most talented players don't always have to be captain. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and off the field we don't get to see. 

• Matt Ryan (7 years)
    • only 7/14?? huh?
    • optimistic..... expect 100 or more (only twice, 16 and 18)
  • Shaquille Leonard (4) 
    • hope the back helps! 
  • DeForest Buckner (4)
    • expect 9 or more
  • Zaire Franklin (3)
    • great kid!
  • Quenton Nelson (2)
    • hope the back is 100%
  • Kenny Moore II (1)
    • reports!!! hoping scheme is good (and less outside)
  • Jonathan Taylor (1)
    • Stud! Stay healthy!! 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, CR91 said:

Kinda miss when the Captains were one on offense. One on defense. And one on STs. Now it's like per position 

Just me but I don’t think it really matters.  Captain just means leader really.  Even if you limited the captains it’s not like they would be less of a leader which to me is the important part.  I think having this many leaders on your team is a good thing personally.

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just me but I don’t think it really matters.  Captain just means leader really.  Even if you limited the captains it’s not like they would be less of a leader which to me is the important part.  I think having this many leaders on your team is a good thing personally.

The way I see it, you're diluting the importance of being a captain if there are so many. 

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Nostalgia for those old Captain ways days?  Hahahahaha!

Coming up with new things to complain about, not a surprise, it's an addiction for them.

Archived