Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears trading pass rusher Khalil Mack to Chargers for multiple draft picks

ColtJax

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Why couldn’t Ballard do that? 

:peek:

I'd say because you shouldn't be giving away picks when you've not yet squared away your QB or LT, positions which are more important. It stinks but it's the truth. We're a few years into this thing and in year 6, we dont have players at the most important positions on offense and defense so we have major decisions everywhere. This is a pivotal season for Chris Ballard. He need to ace this off season 

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

“He cost too much and takes away from us resigning Turay and Pascal, then takes snaps away from Banogu”

Then we have the cliche forum posters double down on "you cannot have too many pass rushers...", so what is the truth?

5 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I'd say because you shouldn't be giving away picks when you've not yet squared away your QB or LT, positions which are more important. It stinks but it's the truth. We're a few years into this thing and in year 6, we don't have players at the most important positions on offense and defense so we have major decisions everywhere. This is a pivotal season for Chris Ballard. He need to ace this off season 

Yes, our squad is a "little" reminiscent of the Seahawks roster a few years before RW came on board (hanging around .500 constantly) but the draft picks around the time RW came on board plus RW put the Seahawks over the top and they went 8 deep on DL. So, there is merit to the fact that you still stockpile talent to have a real deep roster that will be put over the top with the QB you are looking for. So if you have to use your picks for stockpiling that talent, you do it, even if it is not QB or LT, IMO.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I'd say because you shouldn't be giving away picks when you've not yet squared away your QB or LT, positions which are more important. It stinks but it's the truth. We're a few years into this thing and in year 6, we dont have players at the most important positions on offense and defense so we have major decisions everywhere. This is a pivotal season for Chris Ballard. He need to ace this off season 

if we don't have a pass rush it wouldn't matter if we had PM we will still not win in the playoffs. DE and LT are the bigger needs of the team going forward. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Then we have the cliche forum posters double down on "you cannot have too many pass rushers...", so what is the truth?

it's better to have one that can get to the qb than having 10 that can't

1 hour ago, ruf said:

if we don't have a pass rush it wouldn't matter if we had PM we will still not win in the playoffs. DE and LT are the bigger needs of the team going forward. 

Pass rush matters but the QB is the most important position in the sport. Furthermore, we're not a playoff team. We're not even a division winning team, the AFC South belongs to Tennessee. When you talk of winning in the playoffs, you need to remember where we are right now, lets not be delusional.

Now, the truth is we can chew gum and walk, when you find a QB, building isnt a long haul thing. You can literally flip the switch. So we can find or at least look solidly for a QB, a LT, and a DE but if we're focusing on a position, you go QB everyday till death

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think we'd both settle for one, you're talking plural... Lol

21 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Pass rush matters but the QB is the most important position in the sport. Furthermore, we're not a playoff team. We're not even a division winning team, the AFC South belongs to Tennessee. When you talk of winning in the playoffs, you need to remember where we are right now, lets not be delusional.

Now, the truth is we can chew gum and walk, when you find a QB, building isnt a long haul thing. You can literally flip the switch. So we can find or at least look solidly for a QB, a LT, and a DE but if we're focusing on a position, you go QB everyday till death

don't agree with this at all. look at the super bowl this year. you had two elite qb's, but who won the game? it was the pass rush, especially at the end it was the two great plays by sam dornald and don't forget von miller in that game

30 minutes ago, ruf said:

don't agree with this at all. look at the super bowl this year. you had two elite qb's, but who won the game? it was the pass rush, especially at the end it was the two great plays by sam dornald and don't forget von miller in that game

Pass rush doesn't matter if Stafford doesnt win that game. 

I hear you but we disagree. Respect though.

12 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Pass rush doesn't matter if Stafford doesnt win that game. 

I hear you but we disagree. Respect though.

good point but i just remember all those years with PM who i think is the GOAT what killed us from winning more SB's was when we got into the playoffs we couldn't stop the run and those short passes  . you could also remind me that we had two elite DE's at the time and didn't help so i guess it could be a wash!! but our current team has one elite DT so i think that one elite DE would make the difference and with a LT i think we could make a good playoff team with a 2nd tire qb and use our running game and short passes (kind of what happen to us in the PM days)

Archived