Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

15 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

If he isn’t a good QB then what does it matter where he’s traded ? See…the Browns being ridiculous. 

Its pretty much standard procedure if you’re trading away a good player to send him out if your conference, not just out if your division.  Thus is football 101.   Cleveland may not want Msyfiekd anymore but they don’t want to face him very often in the future.   Best way to do that is to ship him to the other conference.  

There’s nothing ridiculous about what Cleveland is doing.   It’s just business in the NFL.   Honestly. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Royal Rumble Wrestling GIF by WWE

Should have stayed away lol. Came back to a bunch of arguments and disagreements, 60% of it not even about football anymore. haha Baker is really driving this fan base apart. 

Ballard - please help! 

Yeah… I guess I should have named this thread the QB watch drunk bar fight thread. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Its pretty much standard procedure if you’re trading away a good player to send him out if your conference, not just out if your division.  Thus is football 101.   Cleveland may not want Msyfiekd anymore but they don’t want to face him very often in the future.   Best way to do that is to ship him to the other conference.  

There’s nothing ridiculous about what Cleveland is doing.   It’s just business in the NFL.   Honestly. 

Once every four years or more occasionally depending how schedules match up due to wins, etc. It isn’t like he’s being traded to an AFC North team. I get it, though. 

I hope Baker goes to the Saints, which should make them more competitive than they were in the Week 15 shutout of Brady, who looked down and out.

And I'd like to see TB12 again frustrated, and smashing his Microsoft Surface device into the Superdome concrete.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah… I guess I should have named this thread the QB watch drunk bar fight thread. 

Facts!

It’s been a long week and folks just want some clarity on who the heck is going to be our QB. Unfortunately the longer it goes on the more frustrated people are going to be. Even when we do find an answer I see a lot of members still be upset. Feels like the Colts are on a bubble. Hoping Ballard saves it from popping. 

1 minute ago, waterdog said:

I hope Baker goes to the Saints, which should make them more competitive than they were in the Week 15 shutout of Brady, who looked down and out.

And I'd like to see TB12 again frustrated, and smashing his Microsoft Surface device into the Superdome concrete.

They already re-signed Winston I believe

1 hour ago, Architects08 said:

Trading for Baker Mayfield- 6.5

Trading a 4th for Baker Mayfield- 6.9

Trading a 3rd for Baker Mayziel- 7.2

Trading a 2nd for Jaker Manziel- 7.6

Trading a first for Johner Manziel- 8.5

Trading for him and extending him- 10

Heres s guess….  A hunch.  And I have no idea if we will agree to this deal?   But…. If I’m Cleveland, I’m asking the Colts and the Seahawks for the following…. 

The exact same deal Ballard got from Washington in the Wentz deal. 

So…. A 3 this year and a 3 next year that could become a 2 based on a percentage of snaps.   Plus, the right to flip-flop 2nd round pick if it benefits them.   Again, I have no idea if Ballard would agree to that?   But I’d certainly ask for it, at least. 

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

When did Schneider say he wanted Baker?

I don’t know that Schneider has publicly said so.   But I believe there have been reports tweeted out from media saying Seattle is also interested in Mayfield.   And I think Baker has expressed interest in Seattle if a deal with the Colts doesn't happen.   

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Earlier on nbc sports Peter king said colts did not want to spend a ton on a QB. Mayfield would only cost 18 million and have one year left. That would be pretty cheap if it didn’t cost a lot of draft picks.

Spending a ton on a quarterback likely also includes the cost in PICKS and not just dollars.  I think Picks are just as important if not more. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Earlier on nbc sports Peter king said colts did not want to spend a ton on a QB. Mayfield would only cost 18 million and have one year left. That would be pretty cheap if it didn’t cost a lot of draft picks.

Hopefully rookie then

45 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

One thing they are saying on this Twitter spaces was Ballard and Reich have to sit him down and tell him that this is not a place to get comfortable. Your going to have to earn a extension. You haven’t earned anything here yet.

Snow-flakes and *immature people — you can’t tell them nothing!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know that Schneider has publicly said so.   But I believe there have been reports tweeted out from media saying Seattle is also interested in Mayfield.   And I think Baker has expressed interest in Seattle if a deal with the Colts doesn't happen.   

Schneider will be open minded, but may be unwilling to offer more than 3nd round draft choices for Baker.

Carolina also could bid, and that would be closer to home.

22 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Schneider will be open minded, but may be unwilling to offer more than 3nd round draft choices for Baker.

Carolina also could bid, and that would be closer to home.

Carolina?   Closer to home?   Whose home?   

Sorry, I don’t follow your meaning.  

12 hours ago, cjrulli said:

230 million guaranteed for a QB is insane and hype played so much into this. I know people are excited now, but this is such a Browns move. Can't wait until 2-3 years down the line this comes back to haunt them. 

Everyone, please relax. We've seen time and time again star QBs miss out or get destroyed in playoffs. Yes, the AFC has some great talent but guess what, there still is only 7 teams that make it in and there is a lot of talent stacked in same division. We are still easily in our division race and getting to the playoffs is all the matters, because once you're in anything can happen. 

No team in our division is significantly better than we are. We get good QB play and we can literally beat anyone in this league with our run game and our defense. 

Stop getting caught up in all of these splash signings and breath. 

230 on a qb that hasn’t really accomplished anything in the nfl. 

11 hours ago, Flash7 said:

The owner reportedly said they want an adult, it’s not even proven that was said, and browns fans HATE their owner. The only players I’ve seen crap on baker is duke johnson because baker said something when he was a rookie and obj. Not too long everyone hated obj but now all of a sudden hes kosher. 

11 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I do not know about you guys, but if you cannot win with OBJ, Landry, Hooper and those two RB and that OL.  I do not want Mayfield anywhere near Indianapolis. 

Obj is 3rd receiver on his current team and Landry will most likely be the 3rd receiver wherever he goes. Hooper was so bad that Njoku basically took his spot and Njoku was literally on the chopping block a year before. I’m so confused where people get this idea that the browns have good pass catchers. Their oline was good but their oline was way better at run blocking. 

Here’s my script for the last Progressive Baker At Home commercial.   

Baker walks into his ‘house’ and sees Watson getting a massage.  Baker says “What the …”.  Watson says “Pack your toys, the Adults are moving in.”

Think Progressive will run it?

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Considering the options, I am beginning to think this may not be the worse plan moving forward

Inagine trying to sell that to the players. Why am I working my butt off for a organization that thinks that way.

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I truly believe Colts will draft rookie QB.

IDK if they start but can definitely see it 

I would do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat 

Especially when we have the extra third.

Archived