Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we're gonna do it, let's do it right

John Hammonds

20 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea but in order to win the SB they had to have miraculous runs, that doesn't happen very often.

Brady's presence can't be discounted, elite quarterbacks have many other traits then putting up gawdy stats

They were historic performances by Foles and Flacco. Banking on that is fool's gold.

And SF keeps winning playoff games in spite of Jimmy G somehow. 

QB play is a far bigger denominator.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:37 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t think it would require a top 5 pick. But the QB draft would have to be good enough where there are some studs in that 10-15 range. A guy like Mahomes didn’t go top five which allowed KC to trade up a little bit. I don’t know how far allen would of fell because bills traded up. It takes some luck  to get ones as good as those two in that 7-15 range.

True, lest we forget Big Ben who wasn't even a Top 10 pick, but he went to 3 Superbowls, winning the 1st two.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:14 PM, Smonroe said:

That could very well be, and I know it’s probably not going to happen but I can dream!

Think about it though, Wilson would want to go somewhere that he can win now.   Which team is better set up, that needs a QB, than the Colts?

Honestly? Could be the Broncos.  Or the Titans.

15 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Honestly? Could be the Broncos.  Or the Titans.

There are several. 

TB is Brady retires.

SF is they want to move on from JG

TN is great place, and might be the only MW town that appeals to Ciara

Denver is a great town too, and is probably a step up compared to Seattle.

WFT is an interesting place to consider.

Giants and Jets both meet the big city requirement

Several of those teams have nice pieces. The top 5 could arguably be ready-to-win with a QB and a few tweaks.

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

There are several. 

TB is Brady retires.

SF is they want to move on from JG

TN is great place, and might be the only MW town that appeals to Ciara

Denver is a great town too, and is probably a step up compared to Seattle.

WFT is an interesting place to consider.

Giants and Jets both meet the big city requirement

Several of those teams have nice pieces. The top 5 could arguably be ready-to-win with a QB and a few tweaks.

I could see Denver.  IMO, TB peaked.  But they could make an effort.

The others either have a QB (TN), one in waiting (SF, NYJ), or aren’t going to be winning very soon.  

I also think people are making too big of a deal over where his wife wants to go.  

But the best choice, if he wants to be near his wife, is LV.   Which frees up Carr.

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I could see Denver.  IMO, TB peaked.  But they could make an effort.

The others either have a QB (TN), one in waiting (SF, NYJ), or aren’t going to be winning very soon.  

I also think people are making too big of a deal over where his wife wants to go.  

But the best choice, if he wants to be near his wife, is LV.   Which frees up Carr.

Purely my opinion.

TB - they can reload, just like they did for Brady. They are set up with short term contracts, and have flexibility. And RW or AR in sunny Florida would be attractive for good FAs looking for a ring, and willing to be team friendly about pay...

Denver - has some great pieces. Now they have AR's OC.... Chess pieces are moving.

TN and SF have QBs or QBs in waiting, but both would jump through hoops for AR IMO... Doubt SF is AR's type of place though, but RW would be an easy flip. 

NYJ/NYG - meets the big town requirement only for RW and wife... It would be a pure money grab.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:14 PM, Smonroe said:

That could very well be, and I know it’s probably not going to happen but I can dream!

Think about it though, Wilson would want to go somewhere that he can win now.   Which team is better set up, that needs a QB, than the Colts?

And Titans

Archived