Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

The one team I consistently worry about in this league is those Gold-helmeted bastages. Even this year, when they have all their drama, and we're playing them home, I wouldn't be surprised to get spanked.

Pfft. We beat them in the regular season with Gronk. I still stew over the bogus holding call that flagged in the first half of the SB that stopped the game from a potential blowout!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that flag you speak of.

"Gold-helmeted bastages" lmao Yeah, even with all their issues they can frighten people. Imagine that. I totally expect them to use the "us against the world" mentality. We will see if it works.

Could the Panthers be a dark horse or is it too soon?

Imagine a Pats vs. Saints SB too. Wooooooooo.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gold-helmeted bastages" lmao Yeah, even with all their issues they can frighten people. Imagine that. I totally expect them to use the "us against the world" mentality. We will see if it works.

Eh, Id get drunk and cheer for whosever on defense. In a year when Lebron wins, it wouldn't shock me.

As far as the Panthers are concerned, I have no idea. I didn't get to watch a single one of their games last year. I got Sunday Ticket for this fall, so I'm gonna keep an eye on them.

Eh, Id get drunk and cheer for whosever on defense. In a year when Lebron wins, it wouldn't shock me.

As far as the Panthers are concerned, I have no idea. I didn't get to watch a single one of their games last year. I got Sunday Ticket for this fall, so I'm gonna keep an eye on them.

Don't even remind me....just ugh.

Besides you make a point I don't like. Or rather you didn't but you make me think of something.

What if NE is the Miami Heat? Goes to the SB and loses. Then goes back and wins a year later.

Hmm I just had a thought, now this is unlikely....very unlikely but follow me here. what if for the next 14 years if Luck and Mallet prove to be something really good that our rivalry continues AND one of our Corners....whoever it may be whether on the roster or not gets 11 interceptions of Mallet like Ty Law did off of Manning? now obviously alot would have to happen and I certainly dont think Mallet will ever be as good as Tom Brady or Manning

Hmm I just had a thought, now this is unlikely....very unlikely but follow me here. what if for the next 14 years if Luck and Mallet prove to be something really good that our rivalry continues AND one of our Corners....whoever it may be whether on the roster or not gets 11 interceptions of Mallet like Ty Law did off of Manning? now obviously alot would have to happen and I certainly dont think Mallet will ever be as good as Tom Brady or Manning

I've thought about this as well, but it's very improbable if not impossible. Mallet is going to get impatient waiting for Tom Brady to hand over the reins, since he is probably going to play until he's 40. Even if he did stay with the Patriots all that time, a rivalry with Luck would not be fair; Luck would have 5 years of starting experience against him, even though Manning did have 3 years on Brady. The rivalry would definitely be something to watch though...a Colts and Patriots duo of quarterbacks who can actually run and not be ragdolls in the pocket squaring off would be intriguing to watch.

You make some really valid points about NE's WR additions, o-line adjustments, & the drive, intelligence, & will of Tom Brady & Bill Belichick that cannot easily be refuted. I just can't see it though. San Diego will knock them off in the Playoffs. Phillip Rivers is fighting for Norv Turner's job, A.J. Smith's job, franchise respectability among their NFL peers, & to keep that team from being dismantled. When a team like the Chargers is left for dead with their backs against the wall, they have nothing left to lose.

ILB Takeo Spikes knows how to get everyone on defense in their proper position securing gap control. OLB Shaun Phillips was taught well by Shawn Merriman & he knows how to beat double teams & bring the heat when he has to. Luis Castillo DE is an underated pass rusher who keeps hunting the QB down after down. It will all hinge on the play of their running backs and wide receivers overall. Eric Weddle their FS is an interception beast too.

Could be, I wish I knew, LOL... every time I think, "This has GOT to be the year for the Chargers" they show up and do the same thing they seem to always do. I think San Diego, for the success they've had, know how to lose better than they know how to win, if that makes sense. Sometimes teams just have to get over the hump, like the Colts did in '06, and we're all still kind of waiting for that to happen with the Chargers. Maybe this is the year, who knows!

My head choice (when I am awake) has been NE at times this offseason. On paper at times Houston looks the most balanced in the AFC if they can live up to their potential. The schedule is VERY favorable for NE so homefield or at least the second seed again is not out of the question. And we know how tough it is to win there in the playoffs.

I cannot fathom a Bill B. D being this bad AGAIN. It might not be one of the best but if it's middle of the road that might be good enough. Yes, the Pats D did improve in the postseason, unlike Green Bay who actually seemed to get worse.

I still think Brady and BB will do anything and everything to try to get that coveted 4th ring to be grouped in that small elite, whether they get it or not is to be determined. I won't be suprised at all if they are in the SB in the next year or two.

That's a good summation of why I think they have a good chance of getting back to the Super Bowl. Pretty easy schedule which should make them a higher seed, and it's tough to beat NE in Foxboro in January. And I think the motivation to get a 4th ring is at an all-time high. The clock is ticking and they know it. Without a clear-cut favorite in the AFC, there's opportunity here, and if the Patriots do one thing consistently, it's take advantage of opportunities.

Could be, I wish I knew, LOL... every time I think, "This has GOT to be the year for the Chargers" they show up and do the same thing they seem to always do. I think San Diego, for the success they've had, know how to lose better than they know how to win, if that makes sense. Sometimes teams just have to get over the hump, like the Colts did in '06, and we're all still kind of waiting for that to happen with the Chargers. Maybe this is the year, who knows!

That's a good summation of why I think they have a good chance of getting back to the Super Bowl. Pretty easy schedule which should make them a higher seed, and it's tough to beat NE in Foxboro in January. And I think the motivation to get a 4th ring is at an all-time high. The clock is ticking and they know it. Without a clear-cut favorite in the AFC, there's opportunity here, and if the Patriots do one thing consistently, it's take advantage of opportunities.

Actually GOPats, you have pretty much encapsulated the Chargers problem there. Philip Rivers & Co. haven't been able to jump over the Playoffs wall. It's like a basic training obstacle course from Hades that they just can't complete. Philip Rivers reminds me so much of HOF QB Dan Marino. Quick release, tough as nails, & he can make all the throws...short, intermediate, & long bombs. Except, unlike Marino, I like to see Rivers win a ring. If Rivers doesn't win it this year, I doubt he ever will. His window is closing fast & furious IMO.

Bill Belicheck & Tom Brady could prove me wrong though. If they plug in their new defensive pieces & execute well, anything is possible. Never underestimate the Patriots. I still wish your squad had WR Randy Moss though. He fit your offense like a glove & opened up single coverage on almost every other WR. Belicheck & Brady will eventually win a 4th SB. It's only a matter of time.

Tell Vince Wilfork & Jerod Mayo not to not kill Peyton Manning & the Broncos this year when the 2 franchises face 1 another okay. He may not have a Horseshoe anymore, but I still want #18 to perform well. Thanks.

I see the AFC having either the Patriots, Broncos, or Steelers make it to the SB. It's a safe pick since the qbs of those three teams have combined to represent the afc in the sb for 10 out of the last 11 years. Those three teams are better than all the rest I think. In the NFC, I can see the eagles, Bears, or Packers making it to the SB. Prediction: Broncos beat the Eagles 35-34.

Always a first but a R QB had never led a team to the SB. Nothing wrong w/hoping or dreaming. Me personally I expect Green Bays D to be in the top 5 all yr & their O line to be in the top 2. My money(if I were betting)is on the Packers. After going 15-1 last yr & getting embarrassed in the playoffs look for GB to be a great team this yr.

Too soon but my gut tells me Pats and it will be Brady's last SB.

Interesting question raised... as an opposing fan, would you take this deal:

The Patriots win this year's Super Bowl, but upon the conclusion of the game, Belichick and Brady announce a joint retirement, LOL! So you'd have to see them win that 4th, but then never again!

Interesting question raised... as an opposing fan, would you take this deal:

The Patriots win this year's Super Bowl, but upon the conclusion of the game, Belichick and Brady announce a joint retirement, LOL! So you'd have to see them win that 4th, but then never again!

How about you guys get your 4th but then PM wins 1 with the broncos, 2 years later the Colts win 3 in a row?

I say Baltimore/Houston vs. Eagles/49er's. I know I'll catch heck for the Eagles pick, but I think last year was just a fluke.
I've actually got the Eagles losing to the Packers in the NFC Championship & picking Green Bay over the Ravens in the SB 38-24

Your 1st line made me laugh pretty good QuizBoy. Thanks. [Jules, you know I have a ton of respect for your stellar football knowledge, savviness, & intuition. Always remember that okay.]

I still say this is Houston's year to win it all personally. QB Matt Schaub, RB Arian Foster, DE J.J. Wyatt, WR Andre Johnson, & DC Wade Phillips. All the pieces are in place for a SB run IMO. Losing LB Demeco Ryans to Philadelphia does worry me a tad bit though because he was their field general on defense.

I got the Packers & Ravens in the SB. But whoever meets Green Bay in N.O this year will lose.

Next offseason the Colts have some serious coin to spend, I think. Oh la la. If they show some potential this year and can spend some of this loot then who knows.

We might even get LUCKy.

The Packers have the best combo right now of O and O.

I think Wayne will play 1 more yr if that

The Patriots. We all know they have a great offense. They've added some receivers and have improved their D. They will be a better team this year than last year, and they went to the superbowl last year.
The Packers beat N.E. in SB XXXI & whoever meets us we'll beat'em. Brady has all the SB rings he's going to get

And they probably have more motivation/urgency than a lot of other teams.

I think losing a second Super Bowl is going to have a tremendous impact on Brady and Belichick this season and probably for the next few while their run winds down. Both guys know that they've missed out on some HUGE opportunities since the last championship, going all the way back to the AFFCG against Indy in the 06-07 season. They hang on in that game and they've got Rex Grossman and the Bears standing in the way of #4 (let's be honest, that would have been a laugher), plus the two losses to the Giants that - combined - came down to a handful of plays.

Offensively, the only key piece they've really lost is Matt Light. And they've shown in the past an ability to adapt to injuries and changes on the O-line. You could add losing Green-Ellis to the mix, but I don't think that hurts them much.

Defensively, they could make some huge strides this year. The talent pool is vastly improved, now it's a matter of seeing if Belichick can put it together on the field. I liked what I saw late in the season and into the playoffs last year, so there are definitely signs that things could come together on D.

Both GB & N.E. wil do much better on D. U can't get worse. Packers D will be top 5 all season & the Pats will be top 20

The Packers beat N.E. in SB XXXI & whoever meets us we'll beat'em. Brady has all the SB rings he's going to get

Didnt he come within a few inches of winning another one last year? it could easily be said if Gronks healthy then he makes that catch

My head choice (when I am awake) has been NE at times this offseason. On paper at times Houston looks the most balanced in the AFC if they can live up to their potential. The schedule is VERY favorable for NE so homefield or at least the second seed again is not out of the question. And we know how tough it is to win there in the playoffs.

I cannot fathom a Bill B. D being this bad AGAIN. It might not be one of the best but if it's middle of the road that might be good enough. Yes, the Pats D did improve in the postseason, unlike Green Bay who actually seemed to get worse.

I still think Brady and BB will do anything and everything to try to get that coveted 4th ring to be grouped in that small elite, whether they get it or not is to be determined. I won't be suprised at all if they are in the SB in the next year or two.

Just have to avoid major injuries as you already know. And I said this before but losing the SB might not be as huge of a hangover effect for this years Pats as some previous SB losers. Because well.....they have done it before. Sorry but it's true. Losing another SB might not effect them as much as teams who just lose one if that makes sense.

BTW back to my Saints dream.....I just read Sean Payton is getting a divorce. And I saw him in a bar drinking. Go figure!

Like you I have been semi high at times on SD but I still have to see it to believe it in terms of them actually doing it. They show flashes and show serious crashes. (hey I am a poet!) NE is still right now a much safer pick then SD. NE is probably the safest pick in the AFC most seasons sadly . I mean come on, 5 Super Bowl appearances.

But, I cannot imagine Rivers being so awful and inconsistent again this season regardless of how good the rest of his team is. I am sure he knows he needs to step up his game. I still felt like SD was probably the team who should have won the West last year if they had not messed up so many times but it went to the Broncos and their great Tebow fortune instead.

You'd be crazy to pick SD over NE. Teams aren't scared of NE like a few yrs ago. They're not the power house they once was

"Gold-helmeted bastages" Yeah, even with all their issues they can frighten people. Imagine that. I totally expect them to use the "us against the world" mentality. We will see if it works.

To soon. Next yr the Panthers should be in the Playoffs. I give Cam about 5 yrs in the league before he makes it to the SB

The odds are about 1000 to 1 that Luck & the Colts play Peyton's Bronco's for the AFC Championship. Now that would have ALL TIME ratings

<br />Could be, I wish I knew, LOL... every time I think, "This has GOT to be the year for the Chargers" they show up and do the same thing they seem to always do. I think San Diego, for the success they've had, know how to lose better than they know how to win, if that makes sense. Sometimes teams just have to get over the hump, like the Colts did in '06, and we're all still kind of waiting for that to happen with the Chargers. Maybe this is the year, who knows!<br /><br /><br /><br />That's a good summation of why I think they have a good chance of getting back to the Super Bowl. Pretty easy schedule which should make them a higher seed, and it's tough to beat NE in Foxboro in January. And I think the motivation to get a 4th ring is at an all-time high. The clock is ticking and they know it. Without a clear-cut favorite in the AFC, there's opportunity here, and if the Patriots do one thing consistently, it's take advantage of opportunities.
if the Pats make it back to the SB Tom's avg would be .500 as they lose to the Packers. Can u imagine Tom at .500? I love it. GO PACK GO

I got the Packers & Ravens in the SB. But whoever meets Green Bay in N.O this year will lose.

Not a bad SB prediction there Vltrophy1. GB I could easy see. Saturday, Rogers, Jennings, Nelson, and Matthews...Makes perfect sense. Ravens, I don't know about though. Suggs recovery time uncertain. Ed Reed keeps toying with retirement talk as a safety. Flacco can he lead his troops across enemy lines and into the AFC Championship Game? I have my doubts. Ray Lewis is a great LB, HOF in fact, but his window to win another ring is swiftly closing IMO. Age and injury will be the only snag that derails these Baltimore birds in my judgement.

Aw come on, you got to win in '96, it's our turn!

in all honesty if the Pats don't make the SB this yr I believe they won't make it back again for several yrs. I'd love to see Rodgers vs Brady while both are in their prime. Now that would be a game & a half just as Peyton vs Brady had some great games

Not a bad SB prediction there Vltrophy1. GB I could easy see. Saturday, Rogers, Jennings, Nelson, and Matthews...Makes perfect sense. Ravens, I don't know about though. Suggs recovery time uncertain. Ed Reed keeps toying with retirement talk as a safety. Flacco can he lead his troops across enemy lines and into the AFC Championship Game? I have my doubts. Ray Lewis is a great LB, HOF in fact, but his window to win another ring is swiftly closing IMO. Age and injury will be the only snag that derails these Baltimore birds in my judgement.

Ravens might be stretching a little but there's only 3 teams in the AFC that have a decent chance to go to the SB. Ravens,Pats & Steelers. SD must eat right before a game as they seem to choke alot. Lol

Not defensively Green Bay isn't. No way, no how. They still have time to tweak it, tinker with it, solidify it, & fix it though.

after being embarrassed last yr I believe the Packers will be in the top 5 all season. I think Perry will help Matthews out

in all honesty if the Pats don't make the SB this yr I believe they won't make it back again for several yrs. I'd love to see Rodgers vs Brady while both are in their prime. Now that would be a game & a half just as Peyton vs Brady had some great games

Both teams would have to fix their defenses or the over/under for this game would be around 85 points!