Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC vs Denver

Gramz

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I’d be worried if I were a Chiefs fan. They got outplayed today if it wasn’t for that fumble return they probably lose this game. That D looks like a problem moving forward.

Yup.  JT get ready! 

12 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

That’s typical Fangio for you awful decision.

Love him as a DC, not so much a HC. 

I think however he'd be fine with a better OC and QB. 

Just hard to grade a D guy (as HC) when it's the O that's holding you back. 

I'd take him as an Indy DC in a heartbeat. 

26 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Broncos are the best all around roster with the worst quarterback problems. Rather unfair to Fangio if he gets fired. Havnt had a quality starter since Manning.

He is a horrible head coach. He has thrown Lock  under the bus from the beginning after he was really good and then got injured. He might be a good DC he is a awful HC. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

He is a horrible head coach. He has thrown Lock  under the bus from the beginning after he was really good and then got injured. He might be a good DC he is a awful HC. 

What makes you think he is so bad? Lock was never good thats why he got benched and replaced by other not good quarterbacks. Guys dont just get thrown under the bus for the heck of it in the NFL. It was his film thats it.

He has never had a decent starting quarterback the entire time he has been the coach. The team sure seems to buy in and like the dude.  Defense has been stellar every year.

I just think in this quarterback driven league, when the GM fails to provide the team with a qb thats up to par, the coach becomes a scapegoat, when chances are he had no chance at winning either way.

Could Melvin (Gordon) have made an executive decision, to block, the unblocked Melvin (Ingram)? Lock Had his back turned during that handoff...

Lock would have been left holding the ball (hopefully) on a broken play, and probably sacked...but the result couldn't have been much worse...

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

The media seem, simplistically, to distill results down to QB, but I doubt if all coaches do that. IF Fangio said (KC, LAC, and LVR) all have 'top shelf QBs',

all of them may have better receivers than Denver.

KC obviously does.

LAC, Allen, Williams, even Guyton and Palmer, and the 3 tight ends are good.

LVR, I'd prefer Woller and Renfro over Fant and Jeudy(who had an early pass through his hands today).

38 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

What makes you think he is so bad? Lock was never good thats why he got benched and replaced by other not good quarterbacks. Guys dont just get thrown under the bus for the heck of it in the NFL. It was his film thats it.

He has never had a decent starting quarterback the entire time he has been the coach. The team sure seems to buy in and like the dude.  Defense has been stellar every year.

I just think in this quarterback driven league, when the GM fails to provide the team with a qb thats up to par, the coach becomes a scapegoat, when chances are he had no chance at winning either way.

Fangio isn't good. He's a better DC, which is the case for a lot of coordinators. That 4th and 9 call to kick the FG was the dumbest decision he could have made. He's done that a ton since he's taken over. Denver needs a young offensive minded coach. Someone like a Leftwich or Kellen Moore. They have all the talent in the world. They're a legit QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. Lock isn't terrible. He's for sure better than Bridgewater. They gave up on Lock way too early. 

2 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Fangio isn't good. He's a better DC, which is the case for a lot of coordinators. That 4th and 9 call to kick the FG was the dumbest decision he could have made. He's done that a ton since he's taken over. Denver needs a young offensive minded coach. Someone like a Leftwich or Kellen Moore. They have all the talent in the world. They're a legit QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. Lock isn't terrible. He's for sure better than Bridgewater. They gave up on Lock way too early. 

I'd never watched him play until last week, in LA, and his QB rating was over 100 in that game.

I didn't know he could run...he was keeping pace, though not overtaiking, former teammate Nick Bolton, nearing the Denver goal line.

I did see, in interviews last year, that he seemed very confident, smug...until Bridgewater was named 2021 starter. Then Lock seemed shocked.

It does seem irrational to have given up on him after less than 2 years.

One current trend seems to be:

1. get a running back/quarterback

2. try to get to the playoffs before he's broken

3. if he breaks...just get another one...

8 hours ago, waterdog said:

The media seem, simplistically, to distill results down to QB, but I doubt if all coaches do that. IF Fangio said (KC, LAC, and LVR) all have 'top shelf QBs',

all of them may have better receivers than Denver.

KC obviously does.

LAC, Allen, Williams, even Guyton and Palmer, and the 3 tight ends are good.

LVR, I'd prefer Woller and Renfro over Fant and Jeudy(who had an early pass through his hands today).

Denver has Sutton too. Tim Patrick is a very good WR too.

Archived