Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I am all in on supporting the Browns now. I do not want to have to sit and watch the Steelers in the playoffs at 9-7-1 while the Colts sit out. That is the absolute worst case scenario. 

I have a biting feeling it’s going to happen with Ben (finally? hopefully?) retiring.

Just beat the worst team in the league next week with the playoffs on the line and it doesn’t matter what the Steelers do.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just beat the worst team in the league next week with the playoffs on the line and it doesn’t matter what the Steelers do.

We cannot take them lightly. We have some voodoo stuff going on down there. No wins since 2014. We should win, but will we? 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We cannot take them likely. We have some voodoo stuff going on down there. No wins since 2014. We should win, but will we? 

If you take any team lightly coming off a loss and playing for your playoff lives you shouldn’t be in the playoffs.

54 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Allen, because he will throw at least 2-4 balls that should be Intercepted. The key is the D making the play.

Burrows to Chase is just a scary connection this year. 

We don't want to see the Bengals.... Burrow is the REAL DEAL. 

We can't outscore them PERIOD

46 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

What happens if raiders beat Chargers. Does that put us in. Reason I ask is there are Saturday games next week and we could know that before we play.

No because of the Ravens and Steelers.  If the Colts lose to the Jags and the Raiders win there are scenarios where the ravens or Steelers get in over the Colts.

I know we are all tower satisfying GIFand Wentz to TY's miss sucked but we will be fine. We beat Jacks we are in and then it is a new season. Wentz is good but he has to block out mental things, following Peyton, Luck, and even Rivers wears on your brain. He tries to hard to sometime. Man that pass to TY was a game breaker, he had him wide open. Things he knows he has to correct.

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No because of the Ravens and Steelers.  If the Colts lose to the Jags and the Raiders win there are scenarios where the ravens or Steelers get in over the Colts.

I was saying if Steelers lose tomorrow night. Bur ravens are still alive. Don’t ravens and Steelers play next week?  Maybe both Raiders Chargers and Steelers ravens will both be on Saturday. That would be nice. Then we would know before we play Sunday. But I doubt both games will be on Saturday to prevent colts from sitting anyone.

Ravens or Steelers will have one more loss. Chargers or  raiders will also have one more loss. 

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

How about we just make the playoffs and not worry who we play. 

These teams have been eliminated. Ravens still hanging by thread. We kind of need Chargers and raiders to play Saturday night and raiders to win. Then gave Steelers lose tomorrow night. But ravens are still a concern.

A chargers win and a Colts win gives the Colts the six seed (and keeps hopes of the five alive if Miami could upset New England).  A raiders win would mean the Colts are the seven going to KC unless Miami could upset the Pats.  I don’t think you want the Colts in KC if you can avoid it.  

As for if the Colts lose to the Jags the Colts would then need a Browns win Monday Night, a Steelers win over the Ravens, and a Chargers loss to get in.  That’s asking for a lot. 

I don’t think the last scenario will happen which means it’s probably better for the Colts to hope the Chargers beat the Raiders and then just take care of business vs the Jags.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

A chargers win and a Colts win gives the Colts the six seed (and keeps hopes of the five alive if Miami could upset New England).  A raiders win would mean the Colts are the seven going to KC unless Miami could upset the Pats.  I don’t think you want the Colts in KC if you can avoid it.  

As for if the Colts lose to the Jags the Colts would then a Browns win Monday Night, a Steelers win over the Ravens, and a Chargers loss to get in.  That’s asking for a lot. 

I don’t think the last scenario will happen which means it’s probably better for the Colts to hope the Chargers beat the Raiders and then just take care of business vs the Jags.  

I am not even thinking of jags game. I was more trying to figure out if some of these teams play on Saturday if there was a way we could clinch before we play. But they aren’t going to put raiders Chargers and Steelers ravens both on Saturday. I don’t care what seed. I just want to make the playoffs. We can’t get greedy because then before we know it we lose to jax. Just trying to figure out  what path could be with 8 losses.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not even thinking of jags game. I was more trying to figure out if some of these teams play on Saturday if there was a way we could clinch before we play. But they aren’t going to put raiders Chargers and Steelers ravens both on Saturday. I don’t care what seed. I just want to make the playoffs. We can’t get greedy because then before we know it we lose to jax. Just trying to figure out  what path could be with 8 losses.

If the last scenario I listed happened but the Colts need three games to fall their way for that.  I’d also say the Raiders and Chargers game has a very good chance of being the Sunday night game as it might very well be a playoff game.

There truly are a few silver linings after the loss. 

-We're still in the play offs at this moment in time

-We still have our destiny in our own hands

-Our players will be really pumped up to show the entire NFL that todays performance was more of an anamomaly rather than a rule.

-We are still heavily favoured to make the play offs and if we do miss out now we can blame no one but ourselves.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

As for if the Colts lose to the Jags the Colts would then a Browns win Monday Night, a Steelers win over the Ravens, and a Chargers loss to get in.  That’s asking for a lot. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems there are still a lot of possible outcomes?

The Chiefs, NE or Cinn could still be the 1 seed. 

NE, Buff or Cinn could still be the 2 seed 

It may be improbable? but hard to say at this point who the colts would face?

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems there are still a lot of possible outcomes?

The Chiefs, NE or Cinn could still be the 1 seed. 

NE, Buff or Cinn could still be the 2 seed 

It may be improbable? but hard to say at this point who the colts would face?

I am giving the most likely scenario as I don’t see the titans losing to the Texans with home field on the line or KC losing to Denver next week.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

In recent years, the NFL has scheduled all the games that impact the playoffs at the same time.  We might play at 4:00.

Last year the put all the games the Colts needed to know the results of in the 1 pm window and the colts in the 4 pm window.  Two years before that they put the Colts and Titans in pretty much a playoff game on Sunday night.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

right. but not a given

Which is why I said most likely.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

When tiu see a team like the Bengals and all their weapons ballard is going to have to do a major overhaul of this WR group id we wxnt to be competitive in the future with all this fire power.

Yeah I think this is what we should do, maybe this year was test before going all in?

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

When tiu see a team like the Bengals and all their weapons ballard is going to have to do a major overhaul of this WR group id we wxnt to be competitive in the future with all this fire power.

If I am not mistaken, all those three wide receivers, their top RB, and their QB were drafted. Building through the draft is best. JMO

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

If I am not mistaken, all those three wide receivers, their top RB, and their QB were drafted. Building through the draft is best. JMO

Being the 2nd best franchise over the last 20 years we can't make mistakes lmao according to some. We will smoke Jacks and get in. Todays loss is disappointing but not bothersome.Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

Man today sucked.

I know "Any Given Sunday", but it's looking like all roads will go through Nashville.

If Henry is even 75%, Brown stays healthy,  and add that "D"  it will be tuff for any team in the AFC

Henry is back?

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We haven’t won in jax since 2014. Weird things hallrn there.

BUT we have never faced them with Jax holding the potential #1 pick, I know NFL hates to hear the T word BUT no way Jax going to give away the #1 pick...they lost by 40 today and hav lost 8 in a row...they want Aiden Huthcinson and for good reason.... 

Archived