Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I don’t see anyone taking the chiefs out. Baltimore is the best built team to compete with the Chiefs in the AFC. 

Chiefs have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL. Putrid pass D, and mediocre run D. 

Mahomey will give them a shot in any game, but any team with a decent O also has a shot at them. 

They are still a top team no doubt, but they are far from dominating. 

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Chiefs have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL. Putrid pass D, and mediocre run D. 

Mahomey will give them a shot in any game, but any team with a decent O also has a shot at them. 

They are still a top team no doubt, but they are far from dominating. 

That fumble is the only reason they won tonight. 

22 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

That fumble is the only reason they won tonight. 

Yup. 

But just like the turnovers our D gets, despite being bad vs the pass in general, it all counts.

The NFL is simply full of a bunch of good, not great teams this year. Parity is the theme for this year. 

3 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Hoping for the chiefs. We owe them.

Rewatch the 2018 playoff game and say that which is by the way the only playoff game the Colts have played vs this current chiefs team and the 2019 win came over a very beat up and short handed chiefs team.

I am not saying the Colts wouldn’t have a shot, they would have a shot vs any team they played, but I would hardly relay on past history to say the Colts own this chiefs team.  MaHomes puts them on a different level than the Smith, green, or Bono teams.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Rewatch the 2018 playoff game and say that which is by the way the only playoff game the Colts have played vs this current chiefs team and the 2019 win came over a very beat up and short handed chiefs team.

I am not saying the Colts wouldn’t have a shot, they would have a shot vs any team they played, but I would hardly relay on past history to say the Colts own this chiefs team.  MaHomes puts them on a different level than the Smith, green, or Bono teams.

Chiefs are different than they have been in years past. D is bad this year. Mahomes is still great, but he's looked very non-Mahomes this year at times. 

Not saying I want to play them, but they have a lot of holes this year. More than any Mahomes team I can remember. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The NFL is simply full of a bunch of good, not great teams this year. 

Totally agree.

And I'd say that's because of so many good QB's, especially young ones in the AFC. 

I don't have the metrics, just going on eye test, but I would say the 'average' QB in today's game is better than in years past, say a decade or two???

Your more the stat guy than most of us, they probably have sites like PFF that can give a statistical opinion on that.

Allen, Burroughs, Herbert, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Watson when he comes back.... Carr, Wentz, Tannehill are more average but all capable of playing well in spurts..... and then theres the Top rookie prospects like Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Daniel Jones that should/could develop real soon......and that's just in the AFC lol.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Totally agree.

And I'd say that's because of so many good QB's, especially young ones in the AFC. 

I don't have the metrics, just going on eye test, but I would say the 'average' QB in today's game is better than in years past, say a decade or two???

Your more the stat guy than most of us, they probably have sites like PFF that can give a statistical opinion on that.

Allen, Burroughs, Herbert, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Watson when he comes back.... Carr, Wentz, Tannehill are more average but all capable of playing well in spurts..... and then theres the Top rookie prospects like Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Daniel Jones that should/could develop real soon......and that's just in the AFC lol.

I think there are a ton of factors, just not QB. Rules have made it easier on QBs/passing games too. 

Kids in college are better prepared. Kids in HS are running more pro-style Os which impacts QBs and pass catchers. 

Lot of trickle down/up. Cap is also evening things out for a lot of teams. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think there are a ton of factors, just not QB. Rules have made it easier on QBs/passing games too. 

Kids in college are better prepared. Kids in HS are running more pro-style Os which impacts QBs and pass catchers. 

Lot of trickle down/up. Cap is als o evening things out for a lot of teams. 

Yep, the offensive game as a whole. 

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yep, the offensive game as a whole. 

I don't follow recruiting near as much as I did 10 years ago, but it's simply amazing to watch things like Elite 11s today, vs 5-10 years ago. Kids today have so many more advantages than they did 10 years ago, even 5 years ago, let along 10+. I think we're only beginning to see the impacts. And it's all positions, not just QB/WR, etc. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Chiefs are different than they have been in years past. D is bad this year. Mahomes is still great, but he's looked very non-Mahomes this year at times. 

Not saying I want to play them, but they have a lot of holes this year. More than any Mahomes team I can remember. 

Take away the first 7 weeks and they are the best team in the league. Those first 7 weeks were bad but since then they have been near the best team in the league. The main stat that matters is they are top 3 in points allowed since week 7. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't think it's the chiefs year.., I think if we face them we will run all over them and our D will slow them up enough for the win.

I’m sure they will try to imitate the New England/Raiders  game plan, only this time we won’t deal with a Mac Jones offense on the other side. I don’t trust this defense against teams with elite TEs and speedy receivers

100%, for real, I do not care who the Colts play in any round of the playoff.

This team can beat any hard opponent. We know that. This team can also lose to any easy opponent. We know that too. 

If the Colts show up and finish, we win. Period. If they play the Tulsa dogcatchers, but don't show up ready to play, they win.

The Colts only have to play right. Do that; and they will win.

40 minutes ago, lester said:

100%, for real, I do not care who the Colts play in any round of the playoff.

This team can beat any hard opponent. We know that. This team can also lose to any easy opponent. We know that too. 

If the Colts show up and finish, we win. Period. If they play the Tulsa dogcatchers, but don't show up ready to play, they win.

The Colts only have to play right. Do that; and they will win.

Had to look up what a sapper is.  Never heard of it before.  Pretty cool. Engineering and/or demolition?  

9 hours ago, runthepost said:

Take away the first 7 weeks and they are the best team in the league. Those first 7 weeks were bad but since then they have been near the best team in the league. The main stat that matters is they are top 3 in points allowed since week 7. 

They've still had ups and downs. They've had some good wins, but still have looked bad in a lot of games. And the game yesterday was a loss until that scoop and score. Very poor the whole game. It counts as a W of course, it's a loss 99% of the time. And Broncs are a bad team, and a really bad O.

56 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They've still had ups and downs. They've had some good wins, but still have looked bad in a lot of games. And the game yesterday was a loss until that scoop and score. Very poor the whole game. It counts as a W of course, it's a loss 99% of the time. And Broncs are a bad team, and a really bad O.

Broncos are not a bad team. Just some unlucky breaks this year. If Teddy doesn’t get hurt they will be a wildcard team. Now the Jaguars are a bad team and the colts are struggling to get stops and yards

10 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Had to look up what a sapper is.  Never heard of it before.  Pretty cool. Engineering and/or demolition?  

I walked a lot, carried heavy things, and blew stuff up. It ain’t much, but it’s honest work. LOL

Can anyone answer a playoff question that has me confused? The NFL stated that had the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game ended in a tie, both teams would have been eliminated. I don't understand how Pittsburgh would have been eliminated. They would have ended the season 8-7-2 which is a winning percentage of .533. That is the seventh best percentage in the league and seven teams qualified for the playoffs. That is slightly better than the .529 percentage of the Colts, Dolphins and Chargers. So why would they have been eliminated?

34 minutes ago, Rimar99 said:

Can anyone answer a playoff question that has me confused? The NFL stated that had the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game ended in a tie, both teams would have been eliminated. I don't understand how Pittsburgh would have been eliminated. They would have ended the season 8-7-2 which is a winning percentage of .533. That is the seventh best percentage in the league and seven teams qualified for the playoffs. That is slightly better than the .529 percentage of the Colts, Dolphins and Chargers. So why would they have been eliminated?

I am not sure but I think it is because the Colts would have had 9 wins and Pittsburgh would have had only 8. I think it is wins that would determine who gets in, not winning percentage, but I am not certain of that. You make a good point.  

@Superman, @Shive, @EastStreet, @2006Coltsbestever, @stitches or anyone else

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am not sure but I think it is because the Colts would have had 9 wins and Pittsburgh would have had only 8. I think it is wins that would determine who gets in, not winning percentage, but I am not certain of that. You make a good point.  

@Superman, @Shive, @EastStreet, @2006Coltsbestever, @stitches or anyone else

It is because Indy would've had 9 wins, 9-8, they go by who has more wins. We would've been in had Pitt tied.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is because Indy would've had 9 wins, 9-8, they go by who has more wins. We would've been in had Pitt tied.

He makes a good point though. Pitt would have had a better winning percentage despite the fewer wins. It is moot now but it is a good question. 

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He makes a good point though. Pitt would have had a better winning percentage despite the fewer wins. It is moot now but it is a good question. 

I would go by win % as well but the league doesn't. Reason why is lets say a team goes 7-6-4 and another team goes 9-7-1, the team that goes 7-6-4 would get in with 2 less wins.

Archived